Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 188 ]  [ Total: 189 ]  [ Newest Member: mike mientus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: On30 annual
Page: of 43

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  08:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. High today in the 40ís, the frozen Tundra of Wisconsin is thawing.

Bread making to me is fun and more so when the granddaughter is trying to help. The mixing bowl is not any bigger then any other mixing machine, mine is KitchenAid. I just use it in many batches. I have a proofing box that holds 12 loaves of dough. The kitchen designed by my wife has her double oven and my single oven so when using all of them I can bake 12 loaves at once but watching them gets interesting. The proofing of the dough is the bottle neck especially when doing multiple varieties of bread. Sourdough bread making is very different and I no longer make sourdough with other varieties. It is my favorite bread.

Trains, today is valance installing day. I hope to have it done by dinner at 7 tonight.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  09:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you get quite a rise out of your project, TomO(c). Do you make bread pudding, too? (The PROOF is in the Pudding) I've never ventured into any more than one off breads. I did have one of those cabinet hogging bread makers in a previous life. Always a good project that rarely lasted until it cooled. Yeast was another commodity on the can't buy in the last year at times, bake the bread and pass the ammunition...sad to see another victim of the cancel culture, Dr. Soose...(sp) has joined Aunt Jemima and common sense in the obits. Iambic pentameter is all the better from it...

I've taken another look at the bottom of the page here on RR-L, ad clicks help pay the bills, right? Well, like my last venture below the border....lead to some social consequences I'd never expected...

Soooo....after seeing the next life changing suggestion......I added a styptic pencil to the shopping list...

Wonder, do you still get 2 gifts if you are monorchid ?

I did the windows and doors for the gas station yesterday between other tasks, mostly signage, details and layout are needed, I can spread it out another week, most likely.

T'was but 12 degrees at 0400 here today but there is a forecast to 40 this afternoon and up to almost 60 by the weekend, but 10-15 foot waves on the N end of Lake Michigan, where the resident weather expert declare as only Bob can, it's F'n COLD. But here it's too warm for fishing, we lost another fisherman thru the ice just down the road a couple miles yesterday....knuckleheads don't float.

Might need to get out, I'm off the rails.

Everyone have a fine day. I should stay on the PC, no crazy ideas at the bottom of the page.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 03/02/2021 09:57:49 AM

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  12:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. I agree, enough snow already!!!

Jerry glad to hear the hands are working better. I hear a little 3-in-1 oil applied to the joints helps.

Mike hope the movers show up Wednesday so you can check that off your list. The addition should be laid out before too long; then the detailing will start.

Tom good luck doing the valence; that will give it a real professional look. Sounds like you have a really nice kitchen setup.

Karl some of the ads at the bottom of the page in the forum really make me wonder. Where else can you find out a new way to wipe your butt.

The wind is really blowing this morning with a temp of 10; man is it cold out. Grocery shopped this morning and had a chance to chat with some of my ex-workmates which was nice. Not much else here; maybe some bench time later.

Enjoy your day. Be safe and stay healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  2:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larryc, I am a guest in the kitchen. I was granted a space to make bread, therefore the extra oven and the cabinet next to it for supplies.

Karl, just donít use a tourniquet if you nick yourself! Knuckleheads definitely donít Float and neither do their trucks and ice shanties. Nope to the bread pudding and I have proof!

Dr. Seuss, they make such a big deal about how racist his books are, but only 6 books in the future wonít be printed again. He had many more then that and I believe in Terryís office
she has them all. I was thinking about rereading them to see for myself.

Nap time, as too much exercising today but tomorrow is an off day
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  04:11:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 53.

Mike, hope the move happens today without a hitch.

Jerry, I hope you had time for working at the bench.

Tom, have you watched The Great British Baking Show on Netflix?
I started watching it and was not only impressed by the skill of some of the contestants but how civil they were to each other and willing to help when needed.
Not cut throat at all like US competitions.

Larry, we had to deal with cold and wind gusts over 50 mph yesterday too.
Today will be much better here and hope it is for you too.

Karl, I don't usually scroll all the way down to see the ads, but did today to see what I would see.
Facebook and eBay were featured.

TGIF

Grocery shopping after work and then put my feet up on the back porch and enjoy a cigar while watching some TV.

I have a student again today.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  07:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/32. Later on 52!
Should be a nice day outside.

Made a little progress on the Mill yesterday. Fished the windows for the front wall.
And did another belt.
I'm waiting on a part from Brett to finish the belts a part I broke!

Hoping you all get to do what you want today?

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  07:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have a fun and safe Friday.

The forecast is for 71F today and no rain. That will be good moving weather.

It is always a joy to start my day reading this thread. Nothing like smiling early for this grumpy old man.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  09:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny SMILES to everyone from lower Michigan where it's going to be sunny and "warm" today and the next several days. I'll need to get a wash on my truck later.

I've lost my dining room table work area to the Doll, "temporarily", while she cleans and tags for sale some of her junque for the anitque shop. I temporarily lost my garage stall for my old Galaxie 10-12 years ago, just while I have a garage sale. After about 5 yrs, I got $12,000 for the car. Still can't park in there.

I did fool around on the Photoshop program, posted on the photos monthly display.

No big plans for today. I have an Rx to fetch and probably do that car wash at that time.

Everyone have a fine day and be well...Mike, from my experience meeting you I can't imagine you being too grumpy at any time.

Rick, funny thing about the ads, when I use my desktop PC, I don't see any at all on RR-L. When I use my iPad, all the time, ebay is frequent unless their algorithm thinks my hygene needs help.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  09:24:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

28 out this morning in New York with a high of 41 later. Getting ready to paint the ceiling in the living room, which is the hardest part, so I'm keeping it brief.

Have a great day guys. Be safe, be well.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  09:56:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning guys. High today should hit 49f degrees.here in So. Central Wisconsin where the sun is shining brightly and the white stuff is melting.

Rick, great that you have another student. As to the British show or basically any other TV show, nope. I have heard about it but I rarely watch the TV monitors. If itís not NHL or
UW Wisconsin hockey I donít have the TVís on including the ďnewsĒ. The stereo system is on pretty much all day run from my old IPod at my modeling desk that can be controlled from
my IPhone. No idea how the son connected them but it works great.

The SIL dropped off last night my sheets of 2Ē foam. So today is cut some foam and glue it to the frame work.

The grandkids, the daughter and her good neighbor friend and the neighbors twin 14 year old twins will be stopping to say goodbye for a couple weeks. They are off to the 50th state. The strange
to me anyway, school attendance makes it easy to take off and do schooling from anywhere. Our school district is recording all classes that are in person along with the 2 days of online stuff. The
kids donít have at attend live, just check in.

One of the daughters neighbors asked if I could make French Baguettes. I never have but strangely last week was thinking about it. I love my light rye bread I made the other day but still the most popular
one is the sourdough. But the neighbors know not to request that too much, it is much more work! I canít have that in retirement. The next baking will be cinnamon raisin and I sent a text letting them
know that sometime next week. My favorites are the light rye, sourdough, pumpernickel, dark rye and the cinnamon raisin. I had finally learned before Covid not to try to make more then one variety at a time.
There is no secret to making bread, just time and good ingredients. I follow my recipes to the letter.

Mike, how is mom handling not having Sweetie around? My sister is still struggling somewhat as she had to put Frannie down, her poodle, before she went to the 50th state, her kidneys failed.

Have a great day
TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  06:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.

Tom, I cut the cable cord years ago and only watch Netflix and Amazon.
I have a cheapo digital antenna that I use to watch football.
News on TV really isn't news anymore.
Mostly editorials.

Larry, did you channel your inner Michelangelo and finish the ceiling?

Karl, I guess that's why I don't usually see the ads because I always use my iMac to post here.

Mike, I agree, it is a good way to start the day.

Jerry, nice to read that you're making process on the mill.

Bike ride first and meal prep after.
Dusting and vacuuming after that.
Might make a Dr's appointment for this afternoon.
I was diagnosed with Scleroderma a few years ago.
I was told to keep an eye out for patches of hardened skin.
I noticed a patch of this about two weeks ago and thought it was just dry skin caused by the cold.
Been putting lotion on it but it hasn't gone away.
Also have some swelling on one of the joints on my smallest finger right by the patch of skin.
After looking at pictures on line I see this is also caused by Scleroderma.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  07:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have a terrific weekend. Good luck at the doctor's office.

Karl, you are too kind, but as I get older...

Larry, painting the ceiling doesn't sound like much fun, unless the ceiling is in JD's...

Tom, as long as I don't mention Sweetie in a conversation, she seems to be doing okay. My sister has cats, and they are keeping her company. Sorry to hear about Frannie; we are facing that in the future with Rose.

Yesterday I vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned the train room. Moving the Ikea hutch that houses the spray booth back into the train room got things going. Boxes are starting to trickle in.

Our son is visiting tomorrow for a week. He lives in Washington State. We are looking forward to his visit. He has mastered breaded making, so hoping he can advise me on my technique. I am going to make a loaf of sourdough bread today.

The forecast is for 72F this afternoon, and I'll take it.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  08:36:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a nice day off.
Yes you should see a Dr. about that.

Mike old is only a number! Good luck making the bread.

Well the second belt is in. Now I have to glue in the Ore Hoppers and the Stamps.
For the next set of belts.
Taking my time as the finger's are not working as good as I would like them..
That's were old comes in Mike!

Enjoy the day guys.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 03/04/2021 08:37:44 AM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  09:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Karl, you are too kind, but as I get older...

Well, us 7-15ers have to stick together, I stand by my observation.

Sunny forecast for today is a bust so far, heavy overcast and the birdbath is a scatting rink this morning....err---sKating rink...

Speaking of busts, I saw a news report of the SpaceX making a successful launch and then soft landing of their current project that was then followed by: As if the flight test was not exciting enough, SN10 experienced a rapid unscheduled disassembly shortly after landing. Subtle understatement for the sumbeach blew up...

I ventured out to pick up an Rx yesterday and on a whim stopped at the Michigan Police Supply to inquire about a Glock model 27 I've been trying to find. Not only did they have the latest Generation 5 model, it was at least $200 less than I'd ever seen one AND I was able to buy a box of .40 caliber S&W rounds to feed it, about $10-15 more than I'm used paying. I was able to make the deal as a retired law enforcement officer.

I worked a couple hours on signage for the gas station with the Corel Draw program as my work area is still under quarantine.

Not sure plans yet today. Y'all have a fine day..

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  09:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick have a great weekend and thanks for the java. Don't know what I channeled but the ceiling was completely done, including cutting-in by the walls, in about 4 hours; not too bad. Although the 10x16 foot ceiling sucked up the entire gallon of Kiltz paint. Looks great!!! Yes get that skin looked at; hopefully it doesn't itch.

Mike the ceiling wasn't much fun but was very much needed. Sadly J.D.s didn't get touched at all. Enjoy the visit with your son; family is everything nowadays. Nice to hear the "ole train room" is coming together.

Jerry sounds like things are moving right along on the Mill. Nothing wrong with taking your time; I do and my fingers work just fine even without any 3in1 oil.

Karl sounds like SpaceX had an "oops" moment. Sounds like your making progress on the gas station. I've never used Coral Draw, is there much of a learning curve? Congrats on the Glock purchase; you just never know.

It's a cool 27 out and that's about it for the day here in New York. Going to warm back up first part of next week. Haircut this morning, not there's all that much left to cut anymore. Then it's on to taping the woodwork as the walls start getting painted tomorrow. Bench time?

Have a great day. Be safe and healthy.

Page: of 43 Topic Next Topic: On30 annual  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000