Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 57 ]  [ Total: 58 ]  [ Newest Member: Dragonborn ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Caz Coal & Wood Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad
Page: of 44

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning/Evening Gents,

Rick thanks for the coffee. When you find out where all that stuff goes, let me know and I'll get mine. By the time your procedure is over you'll be ready the to "wolf down a horse". Good luck with the procedure.

Tom by the time you get into shape your going to make the rest of us look bad. Being healthy and fit is a good thing especially now. Keep at it. All of our TV is "streamed" so we can pick what we want to watch and definitely no news.

Rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A mild 36 this morning with a high of 41 today. Taking empty bottles to the redemption center then make sure the driveway isn't icy so the Mrs can go for a haircut latter. Not sure what else is on the agenda.

Enjoy your day and stay safe and healthy.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  11:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The water looks rough on the lake today and the trees are moving around in the wind. It’s “mild” temp wise 36 and cloudy.

We had fried perch and home cut French fries at the builder’s place last evening. It was quite a treat. No other big news here.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  11:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

George and Frank, I'll buy every night if you stop in every day.

Sounds like Rick received his stimulus check.

George

Fly Army

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/14/2021 :  11:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Weather wise cloudy/47 here in South Jersey.

Had a great time with our friend yesterday!!

Not sure what today will bring.
Maybe some time on the Mill!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  06:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Cloudy, with a high near 50.

Tom, I haven't eaten for 45 hrs now and all I can think about is food.

Jerry, mill time?

George, I sure did and it was all in virtual money.

Karl, sounds like a good meal.

Larry, or two horses.

Dr. appointment at 8:45.
Then food.
At this moment I don't care what I do the rest of the day.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  07:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope everything goes well for you today. The worst is over.

Cold front is blowing through. It was 54F yesterday, high today 57F.

Headed to cardiologist for annual exam at 8:45. Hope the tests went well. We'll see. I have eight years on a ten year by-pass surgery. Wonder if I can purchase an extended warranty...

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  08:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to you all. Looks like 4” of the heavy white stuff came down from just looking at
the drive and my deck off the office. Since I am up early and have no neighbors I maybe out
there to remove it early. If I do it, I usually wait at least till 8 but today I am antsy already. The
weather guessers said that the white falling will continue sporadically until Sunday afternoon
but total accumulation should be less then 6”, so basically an annoying occurrence. But, I think
they guessed wrong already since 4” is out there.

Rick, good luck on the appointment. Enjoy the horse you eat. We have 6 here you can have your
choice of. We just won’t tell Terry.

Today after a lunch I will head to the trainroom. My first time helper for framework does not like
what we installed. 60’ of straight bench work on the back wall. She said it’s too symmetrical and
too much of a straight line. She is right too. She also misunderstood when we were making the
framework in 2’x 6” x 24” sections. My fault I told her we were building 2’ deep boxes. She cut the
inside framing to 24” not remembering I use 16” centers. But it’s fine, and extra inch or so into the
aisle won’t be missed. With Terry’s continued help I may have the first level of framework along 3
walls completed and installed this weekend.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  10:37:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick hope all goes well and enjoy the "horse" afterwards. Oh yea, thanks for the coffee.

Mike hope your tests come back ok. You'll just have to prove them wrong with the ten year limitation.

Tom I don't envy you with the white stuff; careful out there. It's really nice that Terry is helping you with the layout construction. Make sure you give her a raise.

To the rest of the crew keep that "bench time" going and have a wonderful day.

A chilly 28 this morning here in New York with a high of 44 latter. I guess it's time...going to take down the outside lights this afternoon and start inside tomorrow. Supposedly my trucks for the Climax are to arrive today; it was only 2 weeks in transit...yikes. Maybe some bench time latter.

Everyone have a great day. Be safe...stay healthy.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  10:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Is this Dr. sadistic or what??

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/44. That's it for the day! Oh rain later.

Not sure what were doing today hopefully some bench time later.

I hope everyone is keeping busy and safe!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/15/2021 :  10:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wind and waves out on the pond this morning with drizzly rain it’s mid 30s. No snow so far but little pic-tunes on weather app show snow flakes so who knows.

Almost had a fire last night. The ^#}*+ stove installer left a rack and griddle hidden up inside the broiler compartment of the new stovethat were wrapped in plastic that melted all over them when the Doll baked dinner. One might think, ass-u-me problem, that the dealers folks would know. Won’t mention the microwave that needs a phd to run. Getting used to roughing it..,

Hope everyone with doc appointments have good reports.

Had a weak moment on eBay last night and “won” a brass 2-4-4-2 last night. It’ll be a new adventure rehabilitating it. Like I’ve nothing to do.

Going to go watch the waves.

Everyone have a good day. Be well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/15/2021 11:10:23 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  06:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of rain, mainly before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.

Karl, glad the fire wasn't worse.

Jerry, even with all that prep it still wasn't perfect.

Larry, I substituted bacon, eggs, potatoes and pancakes for the horse.

Tom, I left all 6 horses in their pen.

Mike, hope all went well at the Dr. and be positive and get that extended warranty.

It's Monday again.
It's raining out and I need to bring my wet dog in and dry her off some.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  08:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Be safe on the rails!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/45. Later 51.

Work continues on the Mill. The floor that wasn't done by the stamps is now done. And all the staircases have been stained and some put together.

I hope whatever you have planned for the day goes your way!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  08:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning/Evening,

Well yesterday must have been my B'day, well not really, because not only did I receive the trucks for the Climax but also got my order from Crow River so I have enough to keep me busy for awhile. Also received our Daughters last Christmas present which was ordered the middle of November.

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a great day on the rails. Hope the dog is all nice and dry.

Karl so sorry to hear about the stove. A fire would have sucked on so many levels. Is it salvageable or will you need a replacement? At any rate I would give the place "what-for" in no uncertain terms; but that's just me.

Tom how's the layout progressing.

Mike how's the "ole ticker"; good I hope.

Jerry Mill done yet.

If I missed anybody have a great day.

Well I think that we're getting Tom and Karls snow...thanks guys. About an inch has fallen and it's still at it. That wet heavy stuff. Probably no bench time today as it's time to take down all the decorations and put them away. As my reward the Mrs is making her world famous, at least as far as the family is concerned, homemade sloppy Joe's which are sweet and not spicy...looking forward to dinner.

Have a great day. Be safe and stay healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. 34 now heading to a high of 35f degrees with some white stuff already on the driveway. It’s not enough of a white covering to try to remove it.

Rick, Terry counted all her pets yesterday afternoon, they were there. Too bad, maybe next time. Glad you survived that ordeal and I agree with Jerry, sadistic doctor.

Karl, that little pond in your front yard can get pretty nasty this time of year. That rehab project could be your first modeling project for up “nort”. A small bench is all you’ll need.

The granddaughter will be here at 9 to ride with Terry. The grandson has a hockey game this morning and only the parents can attend. Lunch most likely today will be chicken tenders and fries from a local establishment. Harper loves them and knows grandma will cave. I will be in the train room in isolation.

My helper and I have now installed 141’ of new framework for the layout. I had already installed 36’ of the old frame work and started on the grain/flour complex. I did post yesterday on Facebook at HO Scale Shelf Layouts(the first and original) 16 pictures of the previous layout. Much of what is posted is the 36’ I kept intact. I am done with anymore frame work for an undetermined amount of time. Ground goop for the area between the Paper Mill and the yard. I am still working on concrete colors trying to match some pictures I am using for reference.

Enjoy your day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/16/2021 :  09:26:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fresh snow here in the cedar swamp. A couple of inches of what looks wet and heavy stuff. It’s still falling lightly around 0920.

Maybe I over stated the stove deal. The only real damage was plastic wrap melted all over the one part, griddle, and tie pieces on the extra oven rack. No fire, just potential.

The lake has settled down this morning it’s grey and cloudy for today.

Only plan is to do some drawer knobs, was yesterday too but didn’t happen.

Everyone have a great day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/16/2021 10:11:27 AM

Page: of 44 Previous Topic: Caz Coal & Wood Topic Next Topic: The Whiskey Gap & Southern Railroad  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000