Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 249 ]  [ Total: 250 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 23

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  10:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you are back Mike. Do you have sewer and water back? The son in Austin does not and was told maybe a week or 2 yet because everything has to thaw.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  07:50:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

S@#!, freezing drizzle, and sleet before noon, then s*&^ and freezing rain likely between noon and 1pm, then rain and s%^# likely after 1pm. High near 34. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.

Mike, so nice to see you back.
Hope the worst is over and life in TX can get back to normal.

Larry, how did the belt shifter experiment go?

Karl, Mega Dittos

Tom, hope your son's situation gets back to normal very soon.

Jerry, I think it might still be slippery out there so be careful.

Think I'll skip the bike ride and get straight to shoveling.
Probably rest for the remainder of the day.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  07:57:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Lounge visitors, regulars and any others. Wisconsin this morning is gloomy but the sun has not risen
into our overcast sky. The weather channel app is saying +6f degrees with a wind chill feel of -3. Our balmy weather
continues heading to a high old 40, on Tuesday.

The coffee is the Ashpit blend, unused from the Morning Lounge and is hot and ready. For you tea and soda drinkers
we have that to. Today’s featured soda is the diet blend of Dr. Pepper. Food is shorts stacks with bacon, regular, crisp
or burnt.

I was in the trainroom yesterday but all I did was organize a few things. My vaccine shot has moved from 2/16 to 2/28
to now 3/28/2021. But if I want to wait in line of no more then a thousand people I can get a shot maybe 2/21/2021 at
the County’s ice arena. But no guarantees on that either.

Enjoy your day, be safe
TomO

Edit. Sorry Rick, your name wasn’t in the online users but I named the coffee this morning, I guess I came in the backdoor

Edited by - tloc on 02/19/2021 07:59:44 AM

BreizhSteamer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  08:19:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit BreizhSteamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, sun is shining around here; after last week's snow storms with night temperatures at 0°F (-18°C) we're expecting temperatures in the 60s (+20°C) this weekend... crazy world.
I'll have some black tea and crisp bacon, thank you Tom!

Have a nice one, all of you!

Frédéric

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick:

Sunny and mid teens here at Southern Command. Forecast is for a bit more snow, we awoke to ~1" today. We'll have a "warmup" to the mid-upper 30s mid week.

I pretty much wasted the day yesterday but rode along with the Doll as she made the rounds of a couple of her thrift store stops.

No big plans for today, yet, I did a double check, it is indeed FRIDAY here, do I'm off on the right track this morning.

Mike, it's good to see your smiling face this morning, hope that things get straightened out soon. The 60s are weeks away here.

Guess I'll look into some oat goo...have a great day all.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  09:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Edit. Sorry Rick, your name wasn’t in the online users but I named the coffee this morning, I guess I came in the backdoor

Tom, nothing to be sorry about.
You can name the coffee every day.
And that was me sneaking in through the back.

Frédéric, thanks for stopping in and yes, the weather is crazy.
Temps here in Jersey are supposed to go into the mid 40's next week.

Karl, Friday?
No, today is my Sunday.
At least on my RR calendar it is.

PS - All done shoveling.
I got everything except the driveway (which is the biggest part to shovel).
Saw a neighbor with a blower and asked him how much he wanted to do the drive.
He did it it for free.
Wouldn't even take any gas.
I got some nice neighbors.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  10:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Glad you are back Mike. Do you have sewer and water back? The son in Austin does not and was told maybe a week or 2 yet because everything has to thaw.

TomO

Tom,

We didn't lose water, and we are on septic tank. Folks in town are having to boil their water, but not here in Pecan.

Have fun and be safe,
mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  10:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Thanks for coffee.

Thanks for the well wishes. It was a unique experience being without power for so long. I'll add a few items to the survivalist list, lol.

On a local chat forum, Nextdoor Pecan, the call for plumbers to fix pipes was overwhelming. As things thaw today, there will be more. I have my fingers crossed we won't be one of them.

IT's 22F now headed to 43F this afternoon. The forecast is 68F by Tuesday. Hard to believe we were at -2F a short time ago.

Hang in there folks. Stay safe and have fun,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  11:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick glad you had someone clear out your driveway. Did mine 2 days ago which had quite a bit of sleet on top of the snow. It was slow going even with the blower, but still better than the shovel. I think I'm going to skip the belt shifters for now; hated the look and wanted to see the pulleys and belts. I'll have to think on this a bit.

Tom hope you get some train stuff done although sometimes we just have to reorganize stuff a bit. I'll take a coffee, short stack and crispy bacon....thanks.

Frederic sounds like your country has some odd weather as well; although we're a good 3 months away from seeing 60's.

Karl...yup it's Friday again. Enjoy the oat goo.

Mike so glad your back and in one piece. That weather must have been a real shock to your system. Hope you don't find any problems when everything starts to thaw out.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

It's a warmer 21 with a high of 30 today. Some flurries in the air but nothing serious although part of the area is in a winter storm watch, but not us. Not much else happening here; may take a day or so off until I start the addition on J.D.'s.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be healthy, and stay safe. Watch the shoveling, we're not as young as we used to be.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  11:30:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee and opening!

I started a fresh pot and threw some logs on the fire!

Weather in South Jersey is everything! Rain. sn*w and freezing rain!

Work continues on the MIll. I've been working on the shaft!

I hope everyone is doing something they like.

And everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  06:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Isolated s@#! showers before 7am. Increasing clouds, with a high near 33.

Jerry, have you given the mill the shaft yet?

Larry, didn't know there will be an addition to the shop.

Mike, hope you don't have any plumbing issues.

Karl, I'm sure the wife was happy you went with her so it wasn't really a wasted day.

Tom, hope they don't change your vaccine appointment again unless it's earlier.

It's Monday one more time.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  08:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
You be careful out among the English!!

Weather wise in South Jersey sunny/27 with a real feel of 14!

Errands to run today and then some timeat the bench later on.

Yes the shaft is coming along Rick! I also started staining belts so that will proceed at a snail's pace!

Mike hope everything is okay by you?

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  08:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck for an eventless work week.

Tom, Larry, Jerry, Karl, et al, thanks for the encouraging remarks. It thawed yesterday and most of the snow is gone. Today's 57F temperature should thaw everything, so hoping for no surprises.

Taking wife and friends to airport for a getaway, then groceries, then diesel. I can't believe how much the price of fuel has gone up in just a couple of weeks. On average, it's $.50 higher.

I am grateful to hear the sound of the heater running when I get up. Hope the folks up north can stay warm.

HAve fun and stay safe,
mike

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  10:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick "Happy Monday"!! Thanks for the coffee. Yes the addition to the Shop will house the Steam Hammer and all the things associated with the hammer. This way it has it's own area.

Jerry have fun with the belts; they can be a little fiddly. I'm sure when finished they'll be up to your high standards.

Mike keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get any "plumbing surprises". The price of fuel is going up everywhere. We're up $.50 a gallon since summer; the reason is a whole other story for another time.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

It's 21 this morning with a high of 29 later. We're under a Lake Effect Snow warning for today; da*m Lake Ontario. Probably snow blowing later to get rid of the 4 inches of snow from last night. Hopefully some bench time later on.

Have a great day. Keep warm, stay safe, and be healthy.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/20/2021 :  10:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy bright and teens in MI today. I haven’t studied the forecast but it seems like hot and cold running relatives...both of the Doll’s “dollettes” and a couple of grands may stop by, so work stops and the whirling dervish of emergency cleaning and attendant restrictions if ongoing.

RR-L news ALERT: I took a Bar Mills kit out of the box and gave the parts a quick spray of grey to lead up to a little construction project. The bridge is at 98.4% so turning to something different.

Spent several hours recently trying to restore, reboot or wipe clear the iPad Pro I forgot the password for. No luck. Total frustration with what actually was a majorly disappointing “investment” read waste of money on a hyper hyped machine. Under the current state of affairs the Apple store nearby has been closed for months.

After the girls visit I may get a start on the building. It’s a small gas station.

Everyone have a fine time, Mike, we’ve still approximately 10-12 inches of snow here. Northern Command reports 40-50...

Great day all, bell well, safe and enjoy the day. Hope Ricks day goes well back on the road.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Page: of 23 Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000