Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 228 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR
Page: of 23

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  11:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day,

Rick Happy Friday!! My Friday was on Monday when I worked. Glad the nasty weather missed you.

Mike have safe travels. Repairing a hearing aid has to be very "microscopic work" considering their size.

Tom sorry to hear that you won't be seeing Terry for awhile yet. Your certainly moving right along on the wiring. Like some of your music choices although when I model I prefer the silence.

Jerry glad that the Doc's visit went well. I certainly hope your around here a lot more than a year!!

Karl that's cold!! Feel free to keep it in your neck of the woods. I had to go through diecast stuff when Dad passed; nothing I wanted and ended up pretty much giving the stuff away.

This morning was 18 with a high of 23. Our snow yesterday amounted to about one inch; which is fine with me. Not much else going on; maybe some bench time latter.

Be safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2021 :  1:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larryc

Without music I wouldn’t have gotten through, High School, college or Business schooling. Silence to me is deafening.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  06:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Got a little more s@#$ overnight.
About an inch and it's still doing it's thing and there will be another inch before it's done.

Mike, hope the repairs went well.

Rom, Elton John was the first concert I went to.
John Lennon came out for the encore.

Jerry good news from the doc.

Karl, any plans for the empty shelves?

Larry, hope you made it the bench to continue the fine job you're doing on the shop.

I usually modeled in silence.

Bike ride first then meal prep.
Some household chores after.
A cigar as a reward and stereo time in the evening.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  07:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Tom, the layout is progressing well.

Karl, the bridge work sounds good. I take it the superstructure was removable so you could get to the track.

Thanks for the scale advice. I like the detail work, so I'll stick with On30.

Its 25F headed to 40F and no rain for now.

SEtting up MOm's impending move witht he moving companies today. Ugh!

May spend some time in the shop. Maybe smoke a couple of game hens, too.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  08:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sun just broke the treeline to the East and the temp? One is the loneliest number....I'm positive about it...chilly in the house, too.

The Deere fleet is back in the stable and standing by for all eventualities.

Yes, Mike the deck of the bridge was/is still a separate piece consisting of end to end beams with ties mounted on top. I'll secure it to the truss work after I am able to weather some of the track. The Doll was gone a couple hours yesterday and I sprayed the track/ties with some Camo Brown. She never noticed it when she got back. Clean off the rail heads and weather the guard rails a bit before I make the rail deck permanent.

Rick, no idea about the empty shelves, yet. I do have a 1/24 scale Caprice that I did several years ago to replicate the last patrolcar my partner, K9 Wrangler, and I were assigned other things from the storage area may make it up there, who knows?

Not quite sure what I'll do today, maybe work on that bridge unless we take a road trip somewhere.

Concerts? My first was the Beach Boys back ~1965. Worst I ever went to was Sly Stone. Arrogant jackass was 3 hours late and started out the gate with a loud "(*&^%%$ you all..."

Everyone have a fine day, boy the sun is bright and pretty this morning, just overlook the lack of temperature.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  08:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey it looks to be stopping the white stuff falling to earth. About 3".

Karl looking forward to the finished pictures of the trestle.

Mike I've always wanted to do SN3 maybe after the Mill. I'll give it a try. It doesn't take up as much space as the ON30.

Speaking of all the well most of the pulleys are in but not glued in place. Lets call it a trial run.
I'll do a picture later.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  11:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Rick I did get a little time yesterday at the bench, but then got caught up in something else. Enjoy the cigar and music latter and thanks for the java.

Mike nice choice on the railroad scale! I'm sure trying to co-ordinate with a moving company can be challenging. Careful smoking those game hens; I hear that they can be habit forming.

Karl we're cold here also, but that cold. Sounds like you're doing well with the bridge...keep at it. My first concert back in'69 was at College. They had Jefferson Starship with Grey Slick...great concert!

Jerry if it makes you feel any better it's been snowing here too....about an inch or so. Sounds like the pulley line is progressing. Be interested seeing how you made yours.

The rest of the Crew have a great day.

Low 20's this morning and it's not getting much warmer; finally stopped snowing and the sun is out. Not much else planned but hopefully some bench time latter.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe , and stay healthy.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2021 :  12:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from the Central Time Zone. It’s cold in Wisconsin with the wind chill at -8. I thought I stopped earlier and posted but I duplicated postings in the Morning Lounge.

Plans for the day are gone, I will wing it hour by hour.

1st concert was the Beatles at the old Chicago Ampitheather. It was a very short one at definitely under an hour and I believe in 1964. I saw them again a couple years later at old Comiskey Park. Both places are long gone. Not sure of the name of the White Sox play in now. Some loan company I think. Best one, maybe Elton in the old Chicago Stadium with Terry, my brother and his g/f of the moment. We were in the rafters, last row, but it was great. We weren’t married yet. He was really great back then. Most surreal was seeing Sammy Davis Jr at Summerfest in Milwaukee in the early before marriage days. His Mr. Bojangles production was monumentally awesome. Worst time, we forgot our ear plugs and were 4 rows back from the stage and a group of speakers at Alpine Valley for a Moody Blue last tour (1st of what turns out to be many reunion tours for them). It was loud and that is where we think Terry’s hearing started its downhill run. Did I say loud...

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  06:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28.

Tom, nice that you saw The Beatles.
They didn't play live very much.
I saw them individually except for George.

Larry, you're doing a fantastic job on your shop.

Jerry, and you're doing a fantastic job on your mill.

Karl, I'd have to say the worst concerts I saw were two Grateful Dead shows.

Mike, moving has to be the worst.
I'm looking forward to leaving Joisey behind but the actual act of moving not so much.

Bike ride and some more chores after.
Dinner with friends I haven't seen in a while tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloud cover with a light dusting of powder sugar like snow this morning, temp is blazing away in the teens.

Yesterday with the bright sun and blue sky I decided to head to the beach, Grand Haven State Park on the W shore of the state, and catch some rays.....that's what quite a few others decided as well.

Wasn't brave enough to venture out onto the ice. On the way home we drove thru the Grand Rapids area, stopped at a couple of shops for the Doll. I went to the train estate sale outlet and was refused entrance as they were at their capacity....I left not planning on standing on anybody's sidewalk in single digit temps. Stopped a little later at the "normal" LHS and they had more hired help onhand than customers. My $$ was safe.

Back to concerts, I asked the Doll what the worst concert she'd ever been to....turns out she was at the same Sly Stone fiasco I was, never stayed until the misanthrope arrived. Best/worst in one was a Neil Diamond concert in Detroit, paid extra $$ for main floor seats...great seats, good view, BUT single guy next to me...knew the words to all the songs... Add Robert Palmer and Diana Ross to worst ever, cardboard cutouts with sound, Dolly Parton and Harry Chapin to top of great list.

Might work on the bridge later, or maybe some photography.

Everyone have a fine day.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  08:45:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Dinner sounds nice.

Thanks for the scale comments folks; they were helpful.

Jerry, the structure speaks your skill. Nice job.

Larry, what is next after the machine shop?

It's still cold here at 25F, headed to 36. No precip.

My first concert was Santana in Frankfurt FRG during the early 70's. Fantastic it was! Everyone around around our seats smoking pot and drinking strawberry wine. It was quite a shock for this conservative boy from OKlahoma.

No plans for the day but stay warm.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  09:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from crispy cool Wisconsin. 3” of new white stuff and double digits wind chill at -10 now. The sun is shining through the clouds but still can’t see the orb itself.

No trains today, just the music and a book I am trying to finish. Grocery curbside pickup at 10:30 that the daughter will do as I watch the grandkids in the pool starting at 9. Dinner is Friday Shrimp
fry with French fries. The FF will be the 1st of the year for me and the last time might have been before T-giving.

We saw Dianna Ross once in Chicago and as a act in Las Vegas. The Vegas show was super until she starting coughing and left the stage but the music and her voice played on. Turned out when
she reappeared and apologized one of he backups was doing her vocals for her on a few of the songs. I couldn’t ask for a refund as the tickets were free. A few concerts we went to in the 1990’s the
warm up bands were better then the headliners.

Karl, that picture is stunning, well done

Have a good day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  10:04:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Thanks for all the nice compliments on the Mill its appreciated.

Karl what a great picture. Now that would be a scratch build.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/19. But no wind so its pretty nice out.

1st concert I saw was Emerson, Lake & Palmer. And they were fantastic.

I hope everyone has a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  11:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning!

Great picture Karl.

My 1st concert was Amboy Duke aka Ted Nugent. I think I have hearing loss.

We are still in 1/4" of ice but no power loss.

Have a great day!
Philip

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/12/2021 :  12:47:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Enjoy your dinner with friends; it's nice to do that once in awhile. Thank you for the compliment on the Shop.

Karl gorgeous photo and man it looks cold!!I assume that the Lake doesn't freeze; I know Ontario hardly ever freezes over. One of the best concerts I've seen was back in 1970 at College. Saw a group who back then were called "Chicago Transit Authority" and they were awesome. I think that was the first time I had seen brass instruments in a Rock Band.

Mike glad the you settled on On30 scale; you can get some nice details in your work. After I get the main shop done then it's on to the addition part for the Steam Hammer and the equipment that is associated with it.

Tom enjoy the time with the Grandkids and enjoy your dinner. Keep warm!!!!.

Jerry I remember Emerson, Lake, and Palmer although I never had the chance to see them. I did get to see "Creedence Clearwater Revival" and that was really a good one.

Philip glad to hear that you still have power. That's a lot of ice to get hit with.

A cold 3 degrees this morning; I think we got some of Karl's weather. Only going up to low 20's. Busy morning with errands and such. Stopped at the Depot and picked up the paint for the living room which will be next week's project. Not much else going on this fine day.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe, and stay healthy.

Page: of 23 Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: BCRR  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000