Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 245 ]  [ Total: 245 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual
Page: of 25

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  09:34:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It started snowing yesterday around 4:30 and hasn't quit. The main "storm" passed but the wind has shifted to be from the West crossing Lake MI and making lake effect that will last the next 24-36 hours when another "disturbance" is to cross thru and intensify the snow by tomorrow night. 40-50 mph winds can create a lot of snow.

Frustration in modeling, I used some lacquer thinner yesterday and the Doll got wound up from it, so. Another "tool", paint of some types, has left my tool kit. I need to put a quick change adapter on the air line of the air eraser and of course my wrenches are a quick walk out to the barn, but I ain't ready to trek out there yet.

No plans, may try to clear snow if I get bored enough in the house.

Everyone be well and safe.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  09:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks from a cold spot in Wisconsin. The weather Channel app is the warmest of the 3 I look at. (Yes, I need a life) is showing +6f degrees and the wind chills is at -12. Roughly 6Ē of white wet flakes from above is in the driveway and is now frozen.

Not sure what I plan to do today, I feel like today should be a exercise free day. Yes, a great idea. Down to the trainroom after some food.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Day,

Rick enjoy your visit with Mom and your stereo time latter. Thanks for the coffee.

Karl the weather people like to push the panic button sometimes; I think they like to see how people will react. I'm expecting gas prices to at least double by summer; given the current state of affairs. Careful playing in the snow.

Mike if you have the modeling "itch" then why not "scratch it". Nice you got to actually go to a Club meeting in person; we need more of that.

Philip congrats on the nice tree find. Good luck with the impending weather coming your way.

Jerry how's the pulley system coming along, well I hope.

Tom you guys really get cold..brr. Enjoy your time in the train room making progress.

To the rest of the Crew have a great day.

A mild 37 this morning in New York with a high of 41...melt, snow, melt! Ok I'm ready for Spring now!!! Hopefully we don't get Karl's weather in a few days. Not much going on today, maybe some bench time latter.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Be safe, stay healthy, keep warm, and careful out in the snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/05/2021 :  3:54:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pick 16-18-25 for lotto, thatís our temp, wind speed and gusting to numbers. Fun day

Ran snow machine and it did well except the whiz-bang power discharge chute whizzes but wonít spin. Broke a cable Mickey Mouse put in the mechanical parts. Sort of like an elevator cable in an airplane. Glad it wasnít. Iíll manually move it this weekend and theyíll come get it Tuesday since they couldnít show me how to fix it. Didnít have proper parts it seemed either.

Trip to town was fun in the blowing snow, a little better coming home. I stayed off drifting side roads.

I did remember wrenches while outside.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/05/2021 3:57:03 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  06:24:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 42.
Tonight and tomorrow is when the fun starts again with a predicted 4-8".

It's Monday again.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  08:09:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More snow today, the lake effect mechanism is in full textbook operation thru most of the day into tomorrow.

Might have to get out and take another swipe at the accumulation, otherwise. Inside and bored.

Everyone be safe. Stay well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  08:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin.

Rick be safe out on the trains.

Modeling is barely moving along. I put together the final 3 bases for the wet/dry bins and then played in the pool again with the grandkids. Yesterday I declared was exercise free day, today is a catch up day. The wind chills today will not get out of the negatives. I did do an inventory with pictures of the freezer for Terry. She will be home by Friday next week as her jab appointment is on Sunday the 14th. She wanted to make sure we have food. My grocery bill has been around $50 a week and her order yesterday was 3 times that. The SIL will go pick it up as curbside delivery at the store.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  08:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Best wishes for an eventless day.

The forecast for today is 62F, cloudy and 6% chance for rain. Where in the world do they get 6%? Crazy weather people.

Picked up some fresh farm eggs from a friend, so going to make pasta today. I haven't decided what to cook with it. My Son recommends a brown butter sauce...tough decisions we face.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  09:40:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be careful out there among the English!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/39, later 44.
Then the s#w hits the fan again!!

Will try to get another stand built for the pulleys in the Mill today. Progress is slow but moving forward.

Larry did you get my email??

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/06/2021 :  11:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings Gents,

Rick careful out on the rails and watch out for stupid people; they're everywhere. Thanks also for the coffee.

Karl careful playing in the snow!! I sympathize with you; I'm well acquainted with "lake effect snow" and it stinks.

Tom sometimes it's good to take a break from the trains; tends to give you a fresh perspective. Bet you can't wait until Terry gets back home!

Mike homemade pasta...nothing like it!! Brown-butter sauce would be a nice change of pace and an Alfredo sauce would be good too.

Jerry slow progress is still progress. Yes I read your email this morning and responded; thanks.

To the rest of the Crew have a wonderful day.

A windy and brisk 27 this morning with a high of 30; but NO snow; at least not until tomorrow. Taking life easy today and work progresses on J.D.s.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe, stay healthy, and careful out in the snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  06:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

S@#$, mainly between 7am and 4pm. High near 33. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime s&^% accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
At least the accumulation has been lowered from yesterday.

Pretty much an uneventful day at work yesterday

Watching the game at home after work.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  07:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and fellow Crew. Itís a cool morning in Wisconsin at now -14f degrees and with the wind chill at -25 per the Weather Channel app. Not fun.

The granddaughter is here as her brother has a hockey game this morning about an hour away. Parents only so Harper is with me as she was dropped off about an hour ago. She hasnít stopped talking since. I told her to read a book and at 7 we can go into the pool. Problem is she reads the book out loud.

Enjoy your day, Rick be safe out there on the rails.
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  07:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Last night I received a call from Joe Batson's wife saying JoeBTX had passed on Friday after struggling with a long illness. Joe was my best friend.

Stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  08:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry, Mike, for your loss. Itís a jolt to lose long time friends even when they have been ill itís not easy.

Quite a cold day on tap here, currently itís 3 degrees with a crystalline quality to the air and a small bit of sun thru the mostly cloud cover giving a deceptive warm glow to the snow covered landscape. The relentless wind has let up. The snow has relented as well.

Everyone have a good day. Be safe and stay well.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2021 :  08:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, sorry for the loss of your friend.

TomO

Page: of 25 Previous Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO. Topic Next Topic: On30 annual  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000