Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 172 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 28 (Part 2)
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: On30 annual Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 22

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  09:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from snow covered So. Central Wisconsin. I have seen nothing official but my weekend totals are around 10”. Surprisingly we got another 1” of unannounced snow overnight. It looks absolutely beautiful out there. The sun is currently shining brightly out the and looks great against the trees. Gee, another day to stay in.

Rick, going in to check in and then out is ridiculous. Glad the drive was ok for you.

Jerry, if you have to move the snow, rain is better.

Mike, you know that heat will come.

Frederic, thank you I will have a scone

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  09:21:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't listen to Mike, Larry, keep all the heat you can....https://www.woodtv.com/bills-blog-2/a-visit-from-the-polar-vortex/ Sounds like a bad stretch for well diggers and 's t**s coming next week....it's been too "nice" to last in the Northern tiers...60 degrees? oh, poor Mike...keep the wind, we had some yesterday that rearranged all the snow in the roadways. Had fun, tho, driving around in it. Try not to get too stupid, tho. I have memories of 4x4 over confidence from 40+ years ago, said for years after that the only thing 4 wheel drive was good for was getting you stuck farther from home than if you'd just stayed in and waited a day or so. More appropriate than ever at 72 yrs old.

Glad you made it back ok, Rick. Apparently if you sign in you get paid, what if the trip didn't go well and you didn't make it to sign in?

Might get the Howe truss out again for an hour or so today, been on layoff so long I'll have to study a bit to recall where I was in doing it...

Everyone have a fine day, warm and dry. It's in the 20s today and said to be staying that way.

BE SAFE!!

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Frederick I'll take a coffee and a scone please. Congrats on the expansion; should help improve operations.

Rick that mess you dealt with yesterday...I don't envy you; lots of idiots out there. That had to be a record for the shortest day at work. Enjoy the rest of your day with pay.

Mike sounds like the heat will be arriving this afternoon...60 degrees...really?

Jerry a "mix bag" of weather in never fun. I agree sounds like a good day to stay in and sort out the pulley system; good luck.

Tom enjoy the beautiful snowscape and enjoy the train time.

Karl if only we could manufacture some outdoor heat; although the Mrs. would have a giant glass globe over the house if she could to keep winter out completely. I know what you mean about driving in the snow. Back in my younger day if I had someplace to go I went in spite of the weather. Now, not so much. Have fun with the truss bridge.

There are all kinds of storm warnings up for New York. Not much overnight but it's supposed to start soon and go through Wed. until 5am. Expected to get 8-12 inches and 10-16 inches south where my daughter lives. She packed a bag and may be staying with us a couple of nights. It's a 20 minute drive from here to work as opposed to a hour and a half for her. When this thing starts up we could get an inch an hour plus....fun times...not!! Not much else happening.

Have a great day. Stay warm, be safe, stay healthy, and careful out in the snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  2:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4x4 over confidence from 40+ years ago, said for years after that the only thing 4 wheel drive was good for was getting you stuck farther from home than if you'd just stayed in and waited a day or so.

Still holds true these days...Yep...it does...

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 02/01/2021 2:41:19 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2021 :  4:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, hope that's not you stuck.

Does your railroad screen for instruments of death? No Mike.
We really ever even see our Transit PD on the trains.

Just came in from a bit of shoveling a path from the back door to the garage.
It rained and sleeted some earlier so the s@#$ is real heavy.
Still s&^%ing and covered up what I already did so I gave up.
Haven't heard what the RR is doing tomorrow but I heard NYC is getting 24" and north Jersey almost as much.

Bar is set up again.
Think I'll have some Wild Turkey and relax in front of the stereo.
Bottle is on the counter along with all the other usual goodies.

See you in the AM.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  04:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A little more s!@# today.
It's been going on all night but still only have about 6" out there.
I've seen pictures from co workers that live further up north in Jersey and New York that got 2+ feet.

Trains aren't scheduled to start running till 9AM but I still need to report at my usual time.
I'm hoping I can get off early and get back home to shovel some more.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  08:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Sorry you have to go in to come back home.

Weather in South Jersey it's supposed to s&$w 3" to 6" more today. Right now we have about 5" of frozen stuff out there!!

Oh well its winter what did we expect??

Work will start on the pulleys today seeing I got it all figured out. RIGHT!!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  09:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a very snowy New York. Well the Weather Weenies got it wrong; we're supposed to get 6-10 inches by 7 pm tonight. There was at least 10 inches on the car this morning and it's still snowing. Need to clean out the driveway soon and probably again latter this afternoon. The Gov issued a state of emergency for 44 counties yesterday; only on the roads if you need to go to work.

Rick thanks for the coffee and be safe on the roads.

Jerry the frozen stuff will make the other 3-6 of snow interesting. Glad you got the pulleys all sorted out...sort of? Good luck.

The rest of the Crew have a great day.

Our daughter spent the night so she didn't have so far to travel in this crap. I had to clean out the end of the drive so she could get out onto the road which was sort of plowed. He partner texted her and said it's really bad down there and snow is supposed to fall until 7 pm; so she may stay with us one more night. Not much else going on except snow blowing and maybe some bench time latter.

Have a great day. Stay safe, be healthy, stay warm, and careful playing in the snow.

My current build:http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53479

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  09:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rick

Karl, hope that's not you stuck.

There’s no fool like an old fool....

18 and sunny going to 32 or so today. Calm weather until Thursday when we’re getting another round of snow then the super chill next week.

I did spend an hour or two doing some touch up on the Howe truss forever bridge project but the Doll beat me to the better place at the table for her own.

The fat rat in PA says more winter...as do most of all y’all out East. Hope the current weather isn’t harmful.

Everyone stay safe, well and all that.

Mega Dittos

Karl Scribner
Manistique, Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  09:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where our snow cover was refreshed last night with another 1” or so. I really don’t care about NYC snow fall unless we have forum folks telling us about it. I spent maybe 15 minutes watching ABC’s GMA before I clicked it off.

Everyone be safe and shovel within your limits.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  10:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It sounds like all the talk is about graupel. With that said, the forecast for today is 67F and clear. It is off to the lodge all day and evening. Maybe tomorrow I can get to the shop.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  11:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning!

Cold is the word from the Ohio valley!

Feeding the birds for the last week. They seem to appreciate the food!

Have a great day!

Philip

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2021 :  8:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, Stay warm. I will not mention my weather at the beach in SC. I can say it still gets dark early so I have been hitting the model building hard.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  04:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning or evening wherever in the world you are.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of s!@# showers, mainly before 7am. Cloudy, with a high near 36.
Will it ever stop?

Philip and Larry, thanks for stopping in.

Tom, if you didn't like NYC before you're really going to hate it now.
Lots of boarded up shops and even more homeless.

Mike, I learned a new word yesterday.

Karl, glad you got some modeling in.

Larry, careful moving all that white stuff around.

Jerry, you'll figure it out and you can always phone Marty for help.

TGIF
Still running a modified weekend today and I luck out starting a little later and ending earlier.

Grocery shopping and shoveling after work.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2021 :  08:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from my house where the weather channel app says it is 8 and feels like 8.

Rick, to bad about NYC. I don’t hate the place but national news has to realize that more then New Yorkers turn on the morning shows. Honestly in the 15 or so minutes I watched there was a snow report from national reporters from each section of the City. I get it they had a huge not normal storm.

Not sure what I will do. I think being mostly by myself is starting to get to me after these couple weeks with Terry gone. Enjoy your day

TomO

Page: of 22 Previous Topic: On30 annual Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000