Railroad Line Forums - How Do I Attach My Threads To My Post And Change..
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 127 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 How Do I Attach My Threads To My Post And Change..
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New England, Berkshire & Western RR Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  1:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.

I want to know how do I attach my threads to my post and change my avatar?

I learned how to post pictures because of Dave's visual instrustions. Thanks Dave!

Now I need to figure out the other two issues.

Thanks,
Scott

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  2:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is a Custom Avatar thread in the Administrative Posts section; post the avatar you want there.

I'm not sure what you mean by "attach my threads". I have a main thread for my B&M Eastern Route layout build under Mid-Scale Model Railroad Forum. Long after I'd started it, I decided it was getting too hard to find threads I'd started on RR-Line. So I made a simple chronological index in the 2nd post I'd made (it's hard to edit the first post). I just copy and paste the URLs for the first page of each thread I add.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see you got your Avatar fixed. So now if you want to attach a thread to your posts, As James stated, you attach your URL from a thread of yours to your active post.
Go to a thread you want to refer to, and highlight the URL at the top of the page, then post it to your active post.
For example; if you want the members to refer to your ("Choices Challenge" Rock Deck Scow) put the URL for that build shown as: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53507

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 01/13/2021 :  8:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jbvb and Louis,

Thank you both for your assistance!
As you can see I have a new avatar, and I can link my threads.

Scott

Previous Topic: New England, Berkshire & Western RR Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000