Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday Morning Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Your favorite songs Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  08:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from a cloudy S.E. Michigan where it is 27 degrees and heading up near the freezing mark later today.

Ham & Cheese Omelets plus some fresh baked raisin bread are on the breakfast menu. Our coffee is our Hostler Blend.

Our younger Michigan granddaughter had her first H.S. Ski team match last week. According to her coach, she had an 'Awesome Debut' as a Freshman, coming in 7th in the Giant Slalom and 8th in the Slalom. She is a peanut and could use a few more inches and a few more pounds to help out in those events. It is awesome watching her come down the hill.

Some work on the Challenge Project today.

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  09:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Bruce and crew. It's a damp day in Tidewater Virginia. Pat wants to go over to Norfolk to the big Navy base this morning. I guess I'll be doing some work on my challenge project this afternoon.

That's a great picture of your granddaughter, Bruce. We skied when we were stationed in Germany and I have an appreciation as to how difficult it is to do a slalom at speed.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  09:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning. 30F and sunny here in northern WV.

Thatís a dramatic photo of your granddaughter, Bruce. She did well.

I alternated work on my Challenge projects yesterday and will likely do the same today. Weíll be walking the rail trail soon. Yesterday we ran into an acquaintance of mine who told us about a part of the rail trail weíve not walked. This is a small town.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  09:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from So Central Wisconsin. The weather is foggy and crusty with a high of 34 possible.

Bruce, great picture of the ďpeanutĒ. Good form, hope she is having fun while competing.

Terry wants to go for a drive today, I may sneak along with her. I made 2 loaves of sourdough bread for Terry yesterday. Bread is off my menu at this time. She kept 1/2 a loaf out, froze the rest. I have had lots of bread making requests but I have been saying no while in isolation.

Heading to the train room, need to put up more framework.

Be safe, be well, be distance
Wear the mask
TomO

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  09:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 31 now. Supposed to reach 41.

The highlight yesterday was making trips to the grocery store, produce store, and CVS. I stopped at Lowes and picked up some Krylon Clear Sealer in flat and gloss. I figured I would give them a try. I am getting tired of having to order Tamiya Sealer every couple of weeks. The cans are small and cost $12 each. I canít find Dullcoat anywhere these days.

Before I went to Lowes, I sealed four Intermountain pink grain hoppers in preparation of weathering. I weathered the five Proto 1000 hoppers. I hope to seal them today. I assembled an older Proto 2000 Jersey Central caboose. I need to seal before beginning to weather it. I think it will be my experiment with the Krylon.

Today has been interesting and challenging. My wifeís computer decided to do an update overnight. It took us a while to get it up and running this morning. Then she found out she was logged out of everything. She spent a frantic half hour getting back into the sites she needed for work.

I had to call Ring Customer Support since our new video doorbell stopped recording overnight. Checking the app it said I had no account with them. Then why did they take out $30 back in December for my annual dues? Apparently, you canít add a new doorbell to an existing subscription through the app. You have to call them to do it.

At the rate I am going the Challenge will be over before I settle on a project.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  10:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from sunny FROZEN Indiana. Guess it's winter still.

Been real busy lately with two main projects. One is our KofC Books and Toys ministry. This has grown way out of expectations with over 170,000 items given to charities to distribute to the poor. Lots of fun but lots of work. Also Steve at Rail Scale is keeping me hoping with large orders for new kit detailing items.

Your grand-daughter looks like she's having fun Bruce. Long time from even skating or sledding for us.

Tom, the Window 10 updates have screwed up my computer on more than one occasion. Not fun going in and trying to clean up the mess it causes.

Well, got some errands to run so I'm off.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  10:07:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All, and Oh, to be Young again!!! Great pic, Bruce! Best wishes to her!

It's 34, headed all the way to 37 and under the solid gray blanket that leaves it feeling like the sun has yet to rise here in the northern mitten. May have some drizzle later on. Yuck....

Found out yesterday that four friends in different parts of the US are now dealing with Covid issues, and their families are waiting for the other shoe to drop. All four are very cautious people, too, which is scary. And data from my DIL, who has the Masters in Public Health and works in the field, didn't help any... she announced that the mutant virus is here and that the transmission rate is somewhere between 35 and 60 percent faster than the "normal' virus. This info was augmented by an MD friend who noted that the data he was seeing indicates that asymptomatic folks are now responsible for over 50 percent of the new cases.

And I need to go out to do errands today....

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 01/12/2021 10:08:30 AM

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bruce- Looks like she is doing GREAT. Both of our daughters skied for their high school team and did well. All it takes is practice, good coaching, a few sessions at $ki camps, new $kis once or twice a season- you get the idea. Both still ski recreationally- easy riding down the hill-but can still turn it on when some youngster wants to show them up a bit. Grandson is into trick skiing and has beat up one pair of skis so far this year. Manufacturer is sending replacements. I've taught him how to tune skis so he makes pocket money doing that. He and his fellow "hill rats" are having a ball with this one day of school and 1 day of skiing
schedule. Well back to the basement and work on detailing project for tank cars. Only 2 down, 11 to go.
Have a great one everyone.
Mark B.

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  10:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all itís been awhile but I was always looking. Friday night div 4 MCR. had a zoom meeting and things went vary well .. 39 members attended and all had lots to say. By the time the two hour meeting was over had lots of things in place for the next couple months even some home layout tours and some contests in the future.. I guess you canít keep model railroaders down. See you all soon .Tom

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark B

Bruce- Looks like she is doing GREAT.
Mark B.

Thanks, Mark.

Lot of Christmas and Birthday money keeps going to replaces skis, poles, helmets, gloves, etc. Not an inexpensive sport for sure. But, she loves it!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  11:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and 20s again here in the woods. Not all bad. Snow later in the week is forecast. We saw fishing shanties on the ice in places while out yesterday. Locals are bemoaning the lack of snow. They really enjoy their winter activity, snowmobile riders are a big source of fun and money.

A trip to town is in the works shortly.

Great shot of the grand daughter, Bruce. Our granddaughter just turned 18 and her mom wonít let her out of the house. She needed special dispensation for her aunt to bring her over to our house last weekend, then had to be home by 8pm. Her 11 yr old brother is pale as a ghost heís 24/7 glued to a handheld gaming device. Last summer he was at our house and was scared to go outside because of a couple bugs on the screen door. At 11 I had a 5 mile long newspaper route along a major state highway. Good for your family, Bruce, for encouraging that young lady.

Everyone have a safe day and be healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/12/2021 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, all. The NH seacoast has been sunny and well above freezing, but it will cool off rapidly as the sun gets low. We went for a 2.5 km loop walk in our woods this morning. This afternoon I've done one more bit of 32 Winter St. and my transparency film arrived so I can get back to DigiCompuTron-A-Matics once my sunset on-line meeting is over. I had two yesterday right after dinner. And I've been asked to file for Selectman by two people. I have till next week to decide, but it'll probably be yes.

Previous Topic: Your favorite songs Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000