Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 85 ]  [ Total: 87 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  08:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, the coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker blend today. The special is a breakfast burrito with chorizo. Other bev...oatmeal at the end of the line.

The football game got switched off early yesterday. Predictable outcome. I worked on the Roundhouse project yesterday and made some progress. I tried updating my build photos last night, but internet connection was squirrely yesterday most of the day. I'll try again this morning.

That's about it.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  08:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like Jim was firing up his coffee pot the same time I started mine. So to prevent over-caffination, I removed my post.

Let's NOT talk about the F-word today, I'm still in shock from the first 5 minutes of the last game of the day.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Dave and the rest of the crew. It is 26 degrees, going up to the freezing point later today. The skies are cloudy at the moment. Some promise about the sun poking out a bit later on.

Some modeling time today with a mid-day break to take Bonnie for her shoulder re-hab.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  08:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We had frost this morning, but it's going to be in the 40's here in Tidewater Virginia. I agree, Dave, football isn't to be discussed. I watched the first half and turned the TV off and did some reading.

I finished putting siding on the walls of my Challenge project. I'm still working on the windows and doors here on the computer.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  09:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 29 and going up to 38.

This was one of those weekends where it seemed like no matter how hard you tried nothing got done. We did get all the inside Christmas decorations into their appropriate bins. Still have the tree and outside to do. Other than that, nothing. I did not even get a moment to do any modeling.

Today I will try to take the decoration bins up to the attic and bring down the tree decoration bins. I need to do some laundry and some mundane household chores. I hope to even get to the hoppers on the workbench.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  09:37:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and crew. Cold and snowy here it the winter wonderland. Have to take the wife to rehab in an hour.

As far as the internet being squirrely, it's a wonder it still functioning with what's going on. Spent most of the day down the rabbit hole. Going back down today. Trying to keep abreast of the goings on. Heard that you should not to update your phones due to the update blocking the Emergency Broad Casting System.

Going to try and get some modeling done.

Have a safe day.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  09:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Bernd, I had not read that one but all IOS devices were updated over the weekend. F word, watched parts of all games. Bears/Saints was so boring I nodded off in the 2nd quarter, did not watch the last game after the 1st quarter until 5 minutes left in the game. Sorry Dave, I loved the score after the 1st quarter but still surprised Cleveland held on.

Thanks Jim for opening. This day in Wisconsin will be like 10 of the last 11, no sun, doubt it will reach 30 and is very gloomy. De Ja Vue, sorry Karl.

The kids are here for hopefully the last online Monday. If all goes well they start the new semester in the classroom on the 25th, next week they are off for MLK Day. Yes, I am isolated from them in the cave today and they do understand why.

To the bench, have a great day.
TomO

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. 32F and blue skies here in northern WV with high of 41F predicted.

Well be going out shortly for a rail trail walk, mailing in our estimated taxes on our way to the trail head. Then, some modeling with breaks for perusing flower catalogs.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  12:16:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Looks like Jim was firing up his coffee pot the same time I started mine. So to prevent over-caffination, I removed my post.

Let's NOT talk about the F-word today, I'm still in shock from the first 5 minutes of the last game of the day.

dave

All is quiet in Pittsburg! But Jim Brown is smiling!!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/11/2021 :  7:48:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
De Ja Vu in da U-P, temp in upper 20s freezing mist on the windshield on the way to *Happy Rock and Eskie this morning. Tough ole crew dem ole Yoopers, saw a gal in one shop we were in wearing a skimpy tank top barely covering only about half of her way too much of what once may have been nice loonng ago, two ole gals in shorts outside of another and the topper was the bare chested, shirtless trucker in an 18 wheeler pulling into the Walmart lot..me in a heavy Carhardt, flannel lined jeans, heavy gloves. Theyre all pod cuz there isnt enough snow here. Some ice on lakes with fishing shanties here and there but no ice on the big pond in front of our camp. It did get chilly after an hour and a half in the hunting blind on the beach last night.

The appliances were set up with little issue today and its nice to have them. We picked up a toaster and a coffee maker for the Doll while in town and well pass on a fast food breakfast in the morning. Its really starting to feel like home but still have to pinch ourselves. Its been quite a journey.

Hope everyone has had a great day. -No f stuff- its hockey and hoops season. None of that antisocial F stuff either.

*Gladstone and Escanaba

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/11/2021 8:01:36 PM

Previous Topic: Tuesday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000