Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 236 ]  [ Total: 243 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Perfect Storm - Indiana style  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  09:10:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from Sunny and 14 degrees in N.E. Indiana. Had to bring in some fresh firewood to get the caboose stove warmed up. The crew van has also been warmed up for Sunday brunch at the Greek's. We'll bring Tom something back, and shoot it through his mail slot. The coffee urn is READY here with Damnitscold blend today.

I worked on the Challenge roundhouse again yesterday. Outwardly it looks like a a minor revision, but structurallly it is much stronger and the last of the replaced front entrances have been replaced. What a hassle that was. It looks like another triple header for football playoffs. I'm waiting for the carnage at 16:40 when the Saints rip apart my Bears. I'll straighten up the bench this morning as it looks like FEMA might be coming in to assess the storm that hit it.

Have a Super day! The Van driver is honking the horn.

Jim

Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  09:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and seasonably cool (mid 20s) in NH this morning. There's a bit of snow-ice on the ground with bare patches. Roads are clear. No signs of precipitation until next weekend.

I painted my old Red Ball kit with what I thought would be the final color, but it's not as good a match as I thought. Later today I'll have the wife (formally trained artist) come down to the train room and mix up a better match :-)

I also cut out and framed walls for a single stall "switcher house", after my Rail-Scale order arrived with the enginehouse doors.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 01/10/2021 09:47:47 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  09:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, please not through the mail slot. I think the mail slots are messed up too. Crispy hash browns and 3 pieces of bacon would be nice, just leave at the front door. I will text directions.

Thanks Jim for making me smile this morning. My area of Wisconsin is cool at 24 feeling like 15 as of 30 seconds ago. Enjoy the van ride to the Greeks.

Not sure what today will bring but I will watch some football. Terry has ABCnews on and I am in my office. This has gotten like early November and October where I couldnít handle listening to the same news stories over and over again. She is enthralled Iím ...

Waiting for paints I ordered to show up. Still due tomorrow using UPS that cost another $7.00 but hopefully worth it.

Be safe, be well, be distance
Wear the mask
TomO

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  09:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and crew. Cool over cast in upper NY. Again don't care what the weather does today, I'm staying inside and do some...........Um. Really don't know yet. To early to tell. Maybe another cup of coffee.

Have great day. Maybe I'll post something later.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  10:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Office work and some shop time today; wrapping up writing another article today, I hope. It seems to be dragging itself out forever.... Football in the afternoon to see if the Ravens can redeem their performance from last year's playoffs. Washington actually was respectable last night...and not a 30-40 point blow out.

Fire in fireplace from last night is still smouldering with the remains of good sized bit of oak. Stir that back up later today. Not a bad looking day here weather-wise, but a Fire in fireplace on weekends just makes things better.

USPS delivered 2 boxes of goodies yesterday; box of trucks and box of resin kit car parts. Goodies to play with in the shop! I might consider reactivating my listings on eBay next week to try and get all this "other stuff" out the door....

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  10:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 25 degrees, feeling like 17 under cloudy skies here in S.E. Michigan.

A few errands this morning and hopefully some bench time this afternoon. I stained the barn walls yesterday and had some extreme warping. I had them under weights over night, so we will see how they are. I'm sure that bracing is in order.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  11:28:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's a sunny day in Tidewater Virginia with temps in the low 40's.

I'm ready for a coffee break. I've been sitting at this computer making drawings of windows and doors for my Cricut to cut. I've been doing a lot of copying and pasting, which results in errors. I think I've found them all. When it comes time to do the cutting, I'll see if I caught all the mistakes.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/10/2021 :  2:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy and 34 half way to our place W bound on 2 from the bridge. Traffic has been light with misty stuff 20mi just S of the straights.

Just laughing with the Doll that some young eager beaver Super Trooper would have a field day with these two old seniors. Loaded to the roof with bags, a high powered rifle with scope, an assault rifle and two handguns plus a rather sizable stash of cash in mixed bills(last payment to builder off the books). Oh and probably a thousand rounds of ammo. Sort of like Bruce and Bonnieís migration from Joizy.

Well, getting closer. Everyone have a good day. Be well.

TomO keep your spirits, or tip a tumbler of spirits.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/10/2021 3:01:13 PM

Previous Topic: Monday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Perfect Storm - Indiana style  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.66 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000