Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 239 ]  [ Total: 242 ]  [ Newest Member: alcashj94 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: 2021 So Many Choices, So Little Time” Challenge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  07:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from 27f to 30f overcast N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Switchman's blend this morning. The special is biscuits and black pepper gravy. Other bev...oatmeal...end of line.

I received via FEDEX some new TPU filament for the printer. Very flexible and a little tricky to dial in. However, I made some new hinges for the Challenge roundhouse that are gray, and will replace those red hinges. The material is basically unpaintable so the medium gray looks much better. While that was going on, I started drawing up my servo mounts for the same project. Other than that, keeping out of the mainstream.

Have a Super day! Stay safe.

Jim

Take the red pill

resqrk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
30 degrees here in RI and I woke up to chocolate chip pancakes. 40 this afternoon but I may make a push to finish the roof on my Durango Press water tank thats been sitting on my bench for way too long......
Rick

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  08:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Rick and crew. It's a dreary day in Tidewater Virginia. We might make it into the 40's.

I've been doing a lot of messing around with my challenge project, but making little progress. I hope to change that today.

Have a good day.
George

Fly Army

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 30 degrees under cloudy skies here in S.E. Michigan. The temperature will not move much all day.

Yesterday I uploaded the last of the content for the new Beginners' Guide for the NMRA website. It is now in the hands of the IT Department.

Bonnie has her first physical therapy session for her shoulder today. Other than that, a day for relaxing.

Have a great day!

Bruce

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew thanks for breakfast!! my favorite !I
I have been in the train room soldering the final part of my switches
Also on the phone with Gas credit card company there was screw up between my bank and credit co. thankfully I got it straighten out
Going back to work on my switch panel. It's 32 and dreary as it's has been for awhile here in SE Ohio

Everyone stay safe and enjoy your day

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:34:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. I will hit the oatmeal pot, thanks Jim. Gloomy in my section of Wisconsin but no fog or rime ice and the temperature may hit 29, it’s 28 now.

My Covid test came back positive still. I can test again Tuesday.

After a walk in the woods this morning with Terry I will try to finish priming the Grain Terminal. That was interrupted on Wednesday and hopefully the late cleaning of the airbrush worked.

Enjoy your day
TomO

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:37:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It's a dreary day in Tidewater Virginia. We might make it into the 40's.

Same in No. VA..........office time today meetings and maybe some shop time in the afternoon. Little NMRA work to do today....

Hi-lite of the day might be dashing out to the library and back, Was reading a book every other day or faster (Hurray for the county library system!!!), but I ran into one of those 900 page tomes that's got me bogged down a bit.

Working my Challenge and other stuff in the shop.....

Just got a shipment of milled clapboard delivered - mailed Dec 30.....so not too slow for 2 day priority,

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Thirties and overcast once again in northern WV.

Yesterday’s Zoom meeting went smoothly but it doesn’t look good for us staying in our present location.

Today will be one of walking and modeling. Nothing hard and fast on the agenda. Gotta have some of that oatmeal and coffee first.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  09:44:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
25 headed to 28 with possibly a rare peek of sun. We had about an hour of it yesterday. Welcome surprise.

The birthday for the 18yr old grand daughter went well.

The Doll called about a slow arriving/lost package she ordered before Christmas and got a earful from the phone rep about the pandemic and basically how dare she bother her with asking....bitter ugly hateful people are the new normal.

I have some pre trip prep for today. Headed to the UP probably Sunday. Bob is on the phone from there right now says it’s clear and sunny there. The Doll needs to get away.

The hobby stuff goes back on the bench, too.

Everyone have a good day. Be well.

Thanks everyone for being here.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/08/2021 09:51:08 AM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  10:14:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast is sunny and warming up to the high 30s. My wife went out for her daily walk and I hung sheets and pants on the line. After ordering some stuff, I'll go back to decaling the Tichy 4028D boxcar. Tichy's decals don't age well, and it's a good thing this set has two of everything. It helps to set the big pieces on top of the water so they wet from the edges in...

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/08/2021 :  12:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

Temperature is 32 going to 40. The sun is out which thus far this year is unusual.

Brought down the bins for the Christmas decorations. We will start with the inside ones except the tree. The tree is last because of the order I have to put the bins back in the attic. Outside ones will get done when I feel like dealing with the cold.

Our refrigerator is not making ice. We can still get water through the door, but the ice tray will not fill up with water. It maybe time to think about a new one. Tried to get ahold of repairman but they are all busy and want $100 to $200 to walk in the door. Some of them want that money in advance. I have never been happy with the current fridge. We have had problems with the drawer staying in place and the door shelves/bins cracking. We got it in a rush about 10 years ago because its predecessor died the day before Thanksgiving.

My son is building some buildings for me. He was hoping to do them before Christmas, but they did not get delivered until this week. He has finished the Walthers Apartment background building. He has two more to go. Thus far he has done a good job. Decals, weathering, and detailing are up to me.

I placed a reservation for Rapido’s AMTRAK’s 50th Anniversary E8A. It is a model of the first locomotive painted for AMTRAK. It is black with the AMTRAK arrow. Unusual but cool. It of course comes with all the bells and whistles. Rapido originally announced they were going to make only 500 and those sold out in less than 48 hours. AMTRAK complained that many of their retirees and employees who wanted them could not get them. Rapido changed their mind and is taking orders until January 15th.

The shop lights arrived. Now to install them.

Thus far no packages delivered.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Previous Topic: 2021 So Many Choices, So Little Time” Challenge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000