Railroad Line Forums - Enhancement and Editing Features Not Working
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 212 ]  [ Total: 214 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Railroad Line Administrative Forums
 Administrative Posts
 Enhancement and Editing Features Not Working
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Help support RR-Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Donate link not working  

GNMT76
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  3:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the five years I've been posting to the forum, the enhancements (bold, italics, etc.) have never worked.

And when I need to edit a post I've made, attempting to do so only brings up a blank page, causing me either to re-write the entire post or copy, paste and then edit it.

Are the administrators aware of these deficiencies and has anyone tried to fix them?

I use Microsoft 10 and Firefox. Is either a factor here?

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  5:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use firefox on several different operating systems but haven't tried Win10. I'll try to check that tonight or tomorrow. But if you're using Firefox with NoScript, you will have to let railroad-line.com run JavaScript for the editing to work. I also need to allow JavaScript to post pictures.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  6:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is a “feature” of this forum that the original post is not editable ( nor edible).

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  7:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've known about the editing the first post in a thread bug for a long time.
This thread is in the Forum News : How to edit the first post in a thread http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35711

Haven't had any complaints about the other things not working.

Bold italics underline

They all seem to be working fine.
Are you putting words you want bolded in between the two bold tags?

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  7:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TESTING Color and size and bold

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  7:47:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Testing Italics
Underline
Strike

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  7:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Testing

Callouts

Smiles

Hyperlink
http://www.railroad-line.com/

Looks good to me.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2021 :  7:58:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The trick is to make sure you had the text within the command start and finish just like pictures.

TESTING Color and size and bold

Also edited this post and it worked.

Edited by - BigLars on 01/03/2021 7:59:52 PM

GNMT76
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  12:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can say is that the enhancements don't - and never have worked - including two italicized words here.

JVBV, I have Firefox's latest version. Please clarify what you wrote about running Java script, which, as far as I understand, is included with just about everything.

Edited by - GNMT76 on 01/04/2021 1:01:46 PM

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  1:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One reason I use Firefox is the 'add-on' called NoScript. It lets you decide which (if any) sites you visit are allowed to send JavaScript or other 'active content' to your browser to be run as programs. I use NoScript because the majority of Internet attacks start by sending hostile 'active content' to the victim's web browser. It also keeps my view of the Internet a lot calmer - no pop-ups, no reminders etc. If you haven't installed it in your Firefox it can't be interfering with RR-Line. A bunch of RR-Line features don't work without JavaScript, so I have to remember to allow it before I use any.

[edit] I tried the Italic tag in the Quick Reply window and it worked. I haven't had a chance to test Firefox on Win10.

Edited by - jbvb on 01/04/2021 1:24:45 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/04/2021 :  2:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GNMT76

All I can say is that the enhancements don't - and never have worked - including two italicized words here.

I'll ask again, when you click any of the icons, bold for example, do you get the 'bold' tags?
Something that looks like this [b][b] just add a / in front of the second b

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/05/2021 :  10:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you have to do is type in the tags in the edit window yourself ... don't click on the icons ... look at Larry's (BigLars) post above and you will see the tags you need ... just make sure you have an opening and closing tag.

FYI: Snitz Forums uses the standard Bulletin Board codes (BBCode) for formatting ... you can find the reference chart here:

https://www.bbcode.org/reference.php

Previous Topic: Help support RR-Line Forums Topic Next Topic: Donate link not working  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000