Railroad Line Forums - Rusty Robot
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 216 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 RR-L Member Personal Websites
 Rusty Robot
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda Railroad  

Rusty Robot
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Robot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone.

For a few years now Iíve been maintaining a modeling blog called ďRusty RobotĒ.

I started in the hobby working in 1/35 scale, making sci-fi dioramas and conversions.

In the past 18 months, I took the plunge in the HO scale world and havenít looked back since. Unfortunately some of my HO scale posts were lost in a database error, so forgive the lack of HO content. I am currently knee deep in my latest project, a tribute to George Selliosí F&SM.

If you are interested check it out here and subscribe at the bottom of the page if you would like!

www.Rusty-Robot.co.uk

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  11:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the RR-L. enjoy and after looking at your site, I'm sure you'll have plenty to contribute.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rusty Robot
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  12:08:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Robot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Karl! I really appreciate you taking the time to check it out :)

thayer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  12:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit thayer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, you left me hanging for your next 3D printing video!

Rusty Robot
New Hire

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  1:56:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Robot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope it helps! I will try and produce the next in the series very soon!

thayer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/18/2020 :  11:37:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit thayer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't rush on my behalf, I just found it quite interesting. I have subtractive CNC tools, such as a small mill that can work metal, a desktop gantry router, and a laser cutter. I know a 3D printer is inevitable.

Thayer

Beaver Creek
New Hire

Posted - 12/19/2020 :  11:04:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to your 3d printing. I have 2 resin printers and use them to make many objects for my HO scale layout from people to boats.
Thanks

Excarknocker
New Hire

Posted - 12/19/2020 :  6:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Rusty,
Seen you in another forum where you were looking for some FSM kits. I tried to register but for some reason could not. I have a few kits that I am not going to be able to build if you are interested, send me a message and maybe we can work something out.

Excarknocker (Mike)

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2020 :  1:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard!

Nice blog!

Philip

Rusty Robot
New Hire

Posted - 12/21/2020 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Robot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for taking the time to check it out everyone. Very appreciated.

Beaver Creek - thatís great! Iíve printed people too. Are you designing them yourself? Iíd love to see what your results are. Maybe you could PM or email me?

Beaver Creek
New Hire

Posted - 12/24/2020 :  9:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rusty Robot they have all at this point been from Thingiverse. I am now starting to try and design my own stuff, but unfortunately I'm a newbie to designing people. I'm fine at designing objects (boats, crates, walls, etc) but not very good at items that are what I call more artistic. I have found so many great items on the share websites to print that just need to be scaled to HO. I have 2 photon printers. A plus and a mono x that I just love to use.

Topic Next Topic: Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda Railroad  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000