Railroad Line Forums - Grex Tritium TG Air Brush
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 254 ]  [ Total: 263 ]  [ Newest Member: Stuart W ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 WorkShops, Garage, Machines and Tools
 Grex Tritium TG Air Brush
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Vibrating Casting Table Topic Next Topic: 1 2 3 blocks  

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  4:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The little brown truck delivered my air brush this afternoon. Here's some pictures of the size, a couple of nozzles and the double action.

Here's approximately how large or small (glass half full/half empty) the air brush is to my hand. I don't have a very large hand.

The two different nozzles the brush comes with. The "fan" nozzle should be excellent for painting large sides on buildings and rolling stock. The nozzle can be rotated for a vertical fan spray or horizontal fan spray. I refer you to there website for a further explanation of the TG airbrush. http://grexusa.com/grexairbrush/products.php5?id=TFK-5

Here are the positions of the trigger that gives you dual action. This first photo shows no air flow and no paint flow. No finger on the trigger.

As you pull back the air flows at what ever your pressure setting is.

As you pull back you'll feel the more resistance as the needle opens for the paint to start to flow. Pulling all the way back gives you a full spray of paint.

As far as dual action, the trigger airbrush will give you max air before the paint starts to flow. On a push button airbrush I believe you can get less air and more paint. Both are dual action but seem to work different in getting the paint out of the nozzle.

As of yet I have not tried any paint. I'm still deciding on the type or types of paint I will be using on buildings, scenery, and rolling stock. I'll give a report when I start using paint.

That's it for now.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How easy is this to take apart and clean? The problem I have with Iwata airbrushes is the small tips are a pain in the posterior to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. My cheapo TCP Global G79 brush is the easiest (of the 7 or 8 I own) to clean, works well at least for priming/overall painting, and is the brush I use 95% of the time. https://tcpglobal.com/collections/airbrushes-gravity-feed-master-airbrush/products/mas-g79

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 12/09/2020 5:10:16 PM

john holt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  8:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does it come in bright green ?

GULF COAST & WESTERN

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  9:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

How easy is this to take apart and clean? The problem I have with Iwata airbrushes is the small tips are a pain in the posterior to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. My cheapo TCP Global G79 brush is the easiest (of the 7 or 8 I own) to clean, works well at least for priming/overall painting, and is the brush I use 95% of the time. https://tcpglobal.com/collections/airbrushes-gravity-feed-master-airbrush/products/mas-g79

dave

Haven't used it yet so don't know how easy it is to take apart.

Bernd

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  9:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by john holt

Does it come in bright green ?

Like Ford said: "You can have any color as long as it's black." SO I guess this scenario applies to the airbrush. You can have any color as long as it's "spring green".

Bernd

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2020 :  9:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd, Looks like a Mini HVLP gun. The gravity feed is nice, does it include a hanger? It would be nice if all airbrushes did. That green will be an attention getter that screams "clean me!". The spray tip reminds me of my old DeVilbiss cup sprayer. Congrats on a cool tool.

Jim

Take the red pill

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  08:33:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Bernd, Looks like a Mini HVLP gun. The gravity feed is nice, does it include a hanger? It would be nice if all airbrushes did. That green will be an attention getter that screams "clean me!". The spray tip reminds me of my old DeVilbiss cup sprayer. Congrats on a cool tool.

Jim

Jim,

No it's not. The company makes a complete line of spray guns, including HVLP, but not in airbrushes.

With all my horizontal storage I'm sure I would loose it just setting it down someplace. As far as a hanger, no, one did not come with it. You can order those separately. There are many accessories that can be had from this company. Maybe expensive but it's well worth it.

I've been wanting a trigger airbrush ever since my right hand injury many years ago. Being right handed with inexd finger that doesn't bend made it hard to use the push button style airbrushes.

Bernd

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  09:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good choice Bernd, I have read a few comments on Facebook from folks who enjoy it.

I donít mind airbrushing but I really dislike all the cleaning. Let us know how that goes.

TomO

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/10/2020 :  2:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Good choice Bernd, I have read a few comments on Facebook from folks who enjoy it.

I donít mind airbrushing but I really dislike all the cleaning. Let us know how that goes.

TomO

Here's a little history on my airbruah use from about the late 70's to now.

My first airbrush was and still have it, but don't use it any more, a Thayer & Chandler. What I liked about it was the fact that a Floquil bottle could be screwed on. If you had a couple of spare bottles you could mix your thinner and paint and you were ready to go. Just unscrew the bottle and screw on one full of thinner and your brush had a major cleaning. Of course you still needed to take it apart to REALLY get it cleaned up. But who had the time between painting rolling stock two different colors.

A couple of years ago I purchased an Iwata Revolution SAR. I had been looking at trigger type airbrushes and Iwata makes a look alike to the Grex. Why I didn't buy one at that time I don't know. My problem with the button type airbrushes is a right hand injury a few years ago left my right index finger from not bending at all. Guess what? I'm right handed. Makes it very hard to hold the brush and using my middle finger to push the button and control the the spray.

Here's a couple of side by side of the Thayer & Chandler and the nozzles. How I damaged the nozzle on the Iwata I don't remember. I use it now for misting the plaster on the block building simulating mortar joints.

So that's an update on some tooling. I've got another update to post here before the day ends.

Bernd

Previous Topic: Vibrating Casting Table Topic Next Topic: 1 2 3 blocks  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000