Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 228 ]  [ Total: 233 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: High Tech Model Making Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:05:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from snowing N.E.Indiana. First snowfall of the season, and the ground temperature has a nice slushy appearance. The coffee urn is READY with Caboose stove blend and the Hot Chocolate kettle is ready too. Grab a cup, before we jump in the FWD van and head over to the Greek's for the Sunday Brunch Bar.

Had a mostly good day yesterday. In the morning I evaluated the last couple of cars that a club member had needed to complete his Car certificate. They were scratch built, but didn't need to be. His work is impeccable.

Then, on the way home the 'funny noise' got louder at the front of the car. Everything here seems like a 20 mile trip. So I got back home and jacked up the front of the car, pulled the wheels off, and started looking for the source of the noise. A thumping sound that varies with the vehicle speed. Almost feels like a tire was flat spotted. I can't see any. Maybe a broken belt, we have plenty of potholes to cause one of those. I'll have to toss the tires in the back of the truck, and have the tire shop run a high speed balance check for that condition. Then, continuing the inspection, I see that the front sway bar has split open on the left side. That is going to be one heck of a job to replace. I shut off the shop lights, and it was too late for the tire shop, and they are closed today.

Back to drawing and reading.

I wonder how many drivers forgot that snow is slippery to drive on. It takes abiut 5-10 snowfalls before the 'get it'.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never been a fan of things automotive, so I wish you the best, Jim.

Yesterday I did some work on the turntable, today I'll solder the pit rail. (Can't watch the Stillers, they're not the early game on our TV stations...) And late today I'll move the turkey from the freezer to the fridge. Since the oven is broken, I'll do the turkey on my Kamado Joe ("Big Red Egg" :-) ), this should be interesting... Wife is working on how to make some sort of pumpkin pie-thingie in the microwave.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:20:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and the rest of the crew.

52F here in northern WV. Cloudy but warming today.

Yesterday’s trip to meet our daughter was called off; rainy most of the red day. Maybe today. Instead I trimmed a tree branch overhanging our patio. Did other odd jobs outside between bouts of precipitation. Then some carpentry and painting inside. And some modeling. Generally a relaxed day with no hard work or complex tasks.

Mike

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Hampton Roads is going to be in the 60's today. No s*** in the forecast. We get about one snowfall a year and it's a good time to hunker down while the natives have their demolition derby. I drove a taxi in college. Winter driving in hilly Washington, PA was a challenge. Broken chains - remember the sound? Slippery hills with traffic lights or stop signs at the bottom. It was a great job for a college kid.

I'm taking advantage of our nice weather and going for a bike ride...

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  09:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is snowing here in S.E. Michigan as well. I don't expect much accumulation on the roads, but we don't have to venture forth either.

I saw that one of our neighbors lit up their Christmas lights last evening, so I plugged ours into the timer and joined them. A few days earlier than normal, but I'll claim that the first snowfall gives me justification.

I did switch the Kubota from 'mowing mode' to 'snowblower mode' yesterday. Not that I will need it today, but I'm now read for winter's weather.

Have a great day!

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  10:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can’t join you on the trip to the Greek’s Jim. First time snow is probably the worst, most frightening, time of my law enforcement career. People sure get nuts.

All the “Greeks” and their ilk are in the deep freeze here, has again shut them down for who knows how long.

We’re currently in the pink, tween line of the weather map with rain/snow/slush off and on. The roads look wet and there is nothing sticking here.

No plans here for today, breakfast isn’t too appealing this morning, had a grapefruit that was mediocre, and trying to conjure up something else. The Doll as a movie on the tv, sure a lot of ads for Medicare plans between the drugs.

Nov. 22, just struck me, it's been many years since I can remember Mr.Terrill walking into our classroom and announcing the death of President Kennedy in Dallas. So shocking. How the world changed from that time.

Some thngs on the work bench MAY get some attention today.

Youse guys be Well, and Safe. Took me til noon but I finally made some pan fried cornbread and a couple of eggs for "brunch"

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/22/2020 12:56:55 PM

Previous Topic: High Tech Model Making Topic Next Topic: Saturday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000