Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 214 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Bill Gills Sculptamold Article  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from chilly and sunny N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Caboose stove blend. Today's special is breakfast burritos w/wo chorizo. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the line.

Mostly accomplished nothing in the shop 'cleaning/playing' effort. I'm a hoarder and I just can't let go of things that I will never use again. Do I really need a st of doors for a '67 Porsche? or a 2" trash water pump, or about 300 bluebox Athearn cars. Heck no! But they are still out there doing nothing.

I did spend about 3 hours last evening working with a guy on his Dispatcher paperwork. that he just had a devil of a time with. He finally 'got it'. Back out to the shop here shortly.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We saw frost this morning, but we're going to make it into the 50's here in Hampton Roads.

Jim, I'm not a hoarder (too negative), I'm a pack rat. I've been going through the garage and tossing anything I haven't used this century. I'm finding things I don't remember having!

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, George and the rest of the crew.

I got rid of a lot of my 'why the heck did I save this?' items when we moved. Bonnie still suggests that I get rid of 'that old stuff' from time to time. I remind her that's a dangerous suggestion.

Off on a few errands this morning. If the wind doesn't pick up too much, we will put the burlap on the fencing around the Arborvitae trees.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. We had frost last night but temperatures are forecast in the sixties here in northern WV.

The warmer weather will be nice after the last few days. We now know that walking in the thirties is not too bad. I guess we probably already knew that but we have to be reminded this time of year.

My wife and I have both been organizing stuff out of the house, so to speak. Like most people I tire of moving things whenever I do a deep cleaning or renovation.

I managed a little modeling yesterday, starting to build a small structure kit. Itís fun occasionally to let somebody else cut out the parts and leave the fun of painting and assembly to me.

Belated happy birthday, Jerry!!

Have a nice day everyone!

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 11/19/2020 08:50:42 AM

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  09:50:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is a cold 32 right now with a high of 48 expected. The overnight low was 24 so maybe the weather has returned to normal.

We finished putting up the last of the Thanksgiving decorations. Now all that is left is putting the bins back down in the basement.

The school district my daughter works for announced they will be going all virtual starting Monday. She was saying everyone teachers, staff, and students were hoping they would do so. She says everyone is stressed out and the in reality the students are not learning much since they are more worried about getting COVID. Since the schedule and rules are very rigid and strict there is almost no socializing. She said the cafeteria during lunch is quiet like a church during a funeral. Many of the kids want to go back to virtual instead of being in this very stressful environment. They may try to go back to hybrid a couple of weeks into December, but few believe they will.

My wifeís district on the other hand is doing nothing. They continue to operate as if nothing is wrong even though they have more cases every day in the schools. The kids are scheduled to be off all next week but the teachers and paraprofessionals have training on Monday and Tuesday which is all virtual.

The garage is due for its semi-annual clean out as I have to put the outside furniture in storage for the winter. That may happen this weekend. With it being Thanksgiving and then Christmas the rest of the house will have to wait for dehoarding as there will be bins that the decorations are stored in temporarily out of place for some time.

I ran some trains last night. That bothersome turnout is still driving me crazy. At the end after making sure there was no debris around it and a few other things I finally got the locomotive to pass through the turnout without derailing. I still donít trust it.

I finished taking photos of my boxcars for inventory. I forgot how many cars I custom painted and decaled or used dry transfers. There was at least a dozen.

Tonight, I will try to weather some hoppers.

I hope everybody has a good day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  11:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Burritos sound good, Jim, had a couple of McDís the other day. Yours surely are hand over fist better. Had SPURTLE here today, steel cut oats overnighted in a crock pot. Damn site better than rolled oats, just take time. Have nothing but time these days.

Still have my pile-itís license, Need to shed some dozens of never will get-tos in the barn, work room and layout room. REALLY need to get over the why do it, Iíll only get redirected attitude that keeps the 90% and pending stuff adding up. Canít get myself to do anything hobby related, sit and toss stuff asside the rare time I do start something, or actually do get redirected...this needs done or time to run to UP again, no ops session anytime soon, if ever, so why bother....

Nice day today, that will take me outside for some things. The Doll is taking 17yr old grand daughter to get drivers license today.

IPad acting up, just sent a whole line of backspaces erasing stuff then sending stuff off the other direction, keyboard interface is getting from sometimes rarely to quite easy to provoke. iPad stuff is too $$$ for me to fool with. I have the pro and itís a monumental waste of money. I do like my iPhones, the Dolls iPad Air is great. The IPad-Pro is an expensive highly over rated waste of money and I fell for it totally up to my eyeballs.

Everyone have a good day, be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  12:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, try rebooting your iPad. (Hold down the power button on the top for about 10 seconds, it'll ask if you want to power down, slide to 'off'. Give it about 30 seconds, then press and hold the power button until the Apple comes back.) The late Jim Grey, one of the experts on reliable computing, noted that rebooting often fixes all kind of otherwise strange or unknown computer problems.

My 'strange computer problem' has been controlling my new Apple HomePod Mini as a remote speaker for the music streaming from my Mac to multiple destinations. The HomePod sounds pretty goo (but bass is a bit clipped). The problems seem to be more on the Mac side. :-(

A couple years ago, I cut off a corner of benchwork near the door to the bathroom. Fortunately, I found those cut-offs and yesterday reinstalled them. That's to hold the small coal tower near the turntable that I'll install in that corner. There's really not enough room to do this correctly, but I think I can squeeze it in... I also need to cut the turntable pit in the homasote/plywood for the turntable, but I think I'll build the TT itself first (Kitwood HIlls model, really nice kit!) so that I know exactly how big and how deep to make the hole.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  2:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Burritos sound good, Jim, had a couple of McDís the other day. Yours surely are hand over fist better. Had SPURTLE here today, steel cut oats overnighted in a crock pot. Damn site better than rolled oats, just take time. Have nothing but time these days.

Still have my pile-itís license, Need to shed some dozens of never will get-tos in the barn, work room and layout room. REALLY need to get over the why do it, Iíll only get redirected attitude that keeps the 90% and pending stuff adding up. Canít get myself to do anything hobby related, sit and toss stuff asside the rare time I do start something, or actually do get redirected...this needs done or time to run to UP again, no ops session anytime soon, if ever, so why bother....

Nice day today, that will take me outside for some things. The Doll is taking 17yr old grand daughter to get drivers license today.

IPad acting up, just sent a whole line of backspaces erasing stuff then sending stuff off the other direction, keyboard interface is getting from sometimes rarely to quite easy to provoke. iPad stuff is too $$$ for me to fool with. I have the pro and itís a monumental waste of money. I do like my iPhones, the Dolls iPad Air is great. The IPad-Pro is an expensive highly over rated waste of money and I fell for it totally up to my eyeballs.

Everyone have a good day, be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Bill Gills Sculptamold Article  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000