Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 229 ]  [ Total: 234 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Bill Gills Sculptamold Article Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  07:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, lurkers, and guests. It is cloudy and 30f in N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Railbender blend today. The special is a short stack with sausage patties or smokie links (a little variety ). All other beverages including Mark's yuppie cup Decaf, at the end of the serving line with the oatmeal pot.

I ended up playing with the CNC mill yesterday. Tramming the headstock is just a joy.
But, I finally got it within .001" over the 18" table. I want to score some copperclad board to make ties, and this works well, when every thing is squared up. It also keeps from breaking the fine carbide cutter. I'll get out to the shop after the Sun come up here in another half hour, although it' still pitch black out there.

George's switching layout work is looking great, check it out.

Have a Super day! and keep away from folks that look like Eddie.

Jim
Take the red pill

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  07:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Heading out in a bit to do some grocery shopping. We do our large shopping once a month makes it easy that way.
We'll have breakfast at Panera as I have a gift certificate for my birthday. Got to take advantage of those offers.

I'm in the process of MAJOR cleanup around here. Seeing I'll not be doing kits and cutting down as much as I can on casting there a lot to move out and make some room.
Took 10 computer books down to Half Price Books yesterday and they gave me $4.35 for them. Cripes there was $300 in original purchase cost there. But I wanted them out of here so I took it. Oh well.

Hope everyone is enjoying the cooler weather. {}:)] We'll have at least one day of 60F this week then back down again. Did have hard frost the other day.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the FALL Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  08:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Walt and the rest of the crew. It was 25 degrees this morning under sunny skies. We are heading into the low 40's later today.

Power was finally restored yesterday afternoon after just over 52 hours.

We are running a few errands this morning and then some hobby time to follow.

Have a great day!

Bruce

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  09:10:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's in the 40's in Hampton Roads, so I'm going for a walk with Pat. It's too cold for this old guy to do a bike ride.

I plan to lay track on a cassette today and hopefully get all the attachment tubing soldered on too.

Have a good day.
George

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  09:28:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, crew. Mid-30ís headed to 40ís on a cloudy northern WV day.

No walking yesterday. Instead I cleared off and moved shelves to another room as I empty out the room Iím renovating. I cleaned tape residue off the walls where our son had stuck up posters and then washed them. Still mudding the joints (approaching the end) and much more wall to wash and stuff to clean out. We started looking at paint chips last night.

I might take a break from that for some modeling today.

Have a nice day everyone!

Mike

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  09:32:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday a building supply truck unloaded a bunch of pink packages at a neighbor's house, and I thought "Hmmm... If that's styrofoam, I bet they'd give me the big leftover chunks." No such luck, the packages were roofing shingles wrapped in pink.

It appears the latest Apple Safari update breaks the 'insert file' functionality here. Probably Yet Another Security Feature

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Edited by - deemery on 11/18/2020 10:15:56 AM

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  10:15:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is a cold 33 right now. Our high is supposed to be 39.

I spent a good part of the day cleaning the throw rugs on the second floor yesterday. We no longer have carpeting except for my sonís bedroom in the house. The results of my wife being asthmatic and highly sensitive to dust and other things in carpet. We have waterproof vinyl wood planking on the first floor and hardwood on the second floor. The second-floor floors are not in great shape, so the plan is to cover them with vinyl wood planking. I then spent some time chasing trash around the backyard. The tree rats, aka squirrels got in one of the boxes the new kitchen chairs came in and the wind scattered the packing materials everywhere.

I finally sealed the two boxcars. I ran trains for a time but a turnout was driving me crazy. For some reason it likes to derail diesel locomotives and only diesels. It does it do it every time either. I keep checking it for any obstructions and looseness, but I canít find anything. The front trucks basically split the switch for some reason. I may have to pull it out and replace it.

I have to run out to the pharmacy to pick up one of my wifeís rescue inhalers. I need to go to the meat market and grab some supplies.

I would like to start on weathering the hoppers and perhaps run some more trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  1:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just an invite to you guys if your around later were having my my 79th birthday party in Geezer's Lounge later today!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  2:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy BIRTHDAY, JERRY!!

Finally starting to be able to see after my eye exam this morning, after a trip to the lad for a visit to have a couple lab tests that the Doc's discombobulated staff ordered incorrectly, again. I did get good marks from the regular Doc yesterday and the Eye MD this morning. My eyes haven't changed in Rx but I did order new lenses for my current frames, been two years of rough treatment.

It does seem as mentioned by TomPM above, that carpet is a thing of the past. Our new place is going to be all vinyl laminate, we've spent considerable time picking some out and I think Hammerin' Dan is going to install it this week after it gets warmed up after the trip from Escanaba. The appliance place just backed the date up until January for the stove, said they have over 30 customers with things on back order, so don't feel bad. is ruffling feathers all over. Two major shopping Mall's in our area are in the tank, one for sale for alternative use and the other just filed Ch-11 or 13. Restaurants are falling like the leaves in October.

Working on "admin" as Pete says often as soon as the vision rebounds. Nothing like a bright sunny day after an eye exam. Down to just a glowing fuzz now.

Everyone have a good day, well and safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  2:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Just an invite to you guys if your around later were having my my 79th birthday party in Geezer's Lounge later today!!!

Happy Birthday Jerry, had my 75th a month ago, but kept it hushed.

Jim

Take the red pill

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  4:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Birthday, Jerry, and many more!

I thought could smell some Eagle Rare wafting about out there, but on reflection, it seemed more like Pappy's 12. Hmmmm....

Anyway, enjoy and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 11/18/2020 4:24:35 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/18/2020 :  9:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the wishes guys!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:37:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A belated Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Bruce

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  08:42:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bruce!!

Jerry

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2020 :  11:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And another... hopefully not too late... belated Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Rich

Previous Topic: Bill Gills Sculptamold Article Topic Next Topic: Tuesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000