Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 181 ]  [ Total: 183 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning  lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  06:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all from cold and raining N.E.Indiana. We're at today's high of 36f and heading South from there.
The coffee urn has signaled READY with Getoffyerduff blend today. The special is doughnuts and bagels from the bakery down the road. The griddle needs some maintenance today, so the menu is limited.

Yesterday was branch picking up and chainsawing after two days of 50+ mph winds. I'm 'feelin' it' this morning. Today's agenda looks like reading and relaxing in the recliner. But, I'm sure that will last about 2 hours.

Stay safe and have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  07:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim pass on breakfast had my Decaf. It's 43 cloudy and a slight breeze yesterday I had concrete work don e to extend my driveway back 8 ft. in front of the garage. I went from a canyon to a full size crew cab always had to pull in and back up.It's an 8x40 pad now its 32x40. today is haircut day and train room time

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  08:05:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Temp in mid 30s, a peek of sun that will yield to clouds and stay in the 30s. Long range forecast for the next 14 days is warmer than usual. Will be nice as we look out the bars to the exercise yard.

I'm off shortly for my annual inspection at the saw bones....been a year and a half since I was there the scheduled appt this year was in April.....eye Doc tomorrow.

We went to nearby Ionia yesterday to get groceries and the store was super packed, looks like the has created another round of panic and most likely hoarding with her newest mandates. We went to the farm market nearby instead and found all we were looking for. Many businesses barely hanging on have some real new obstacles to surviving until Christmas.

I hope Bruce's electricity is back. At least he has a backup system.

The Doll is planning on making chili today, that will be nice.

Slowly getting a feel for the movie editor, Premiere Elements, but not making anything I feel confident of sharing yet.

Later y'all. I hear the bulls about to turn the key on the lockup.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/17/2020 08:12:07 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  09:11:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to the entire crew. It is in the low 30's here in S.E. Michigan, and will stay there the entire day. We had a light dusting of snow over night.

Karl, the electricity is still off, and our generator is running. 43 hours and counting.

Not much on the agenda. A quick trip to the local independent grocery store and some hobby time is planned at the moment.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  09:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! Cold and rainy and in the forties here in northern WV.

We'll have to plan our time carefully if we want to get outside today. Probably walk in the afternoon. House maintenance this morning and some modeling later.

Have a nice day everyone!

Mike

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  10:10:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We've been out running errands this morning. Here in Hampton Roads, it's in the 50's and may make it to 60. I'm holding off on my bile ride till mid day.

I made some forward movement on my switching layout yesterday and I hope to continue with that today. Not much else on my agenda.

Have a good day.
George

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  11:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning crew. Lake effect snow up here in up state. On and off flurries with sun in between.

Waiting for the Smooth-On silicone rubber to come in for the molds.

Going to see if I can down load a Fusion 360 after having an in depth conversion with Burley Jim. Watched many videos on Fusion 360 and learned a lot of what the program can do. Will be used mainly with my Sherline CNC mill. Maybe even the Sherline CNC lathe if decide to get one. I'm more into subtractive machining than addative machining.

Stay warm and safe.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  12:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi you all;
Thanks for the good response when I kicked off the lounge on Sunday.

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  2:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

It is a chilly and windy 44. They say the high will be 51, not sure it will make it.

Things are starting to tighten up regarding the COVID spikes. The state is now requiring a test within 72 hours of arriving in the state or a 14-day quarantine. They are also requiring mask wearing indoors and outdoors if you are around anyone other than your family you live with. Philadelphia is limited group sizes and ordered all schools closed and school and youth sports canceled. Another adjoining county, Montgomery, is closing schools starting Monday. Across the river, New Jersey is very close to a full shutdown. Delaware will be tightening their restrictions. Both New Jersey and Delaware both now forbid youth sports from hosting out of state teams or traveling out of state. One very disturbing trend in Pennsylvania is only 16% of people are cooperating with contact tracers. The trend started in youth sports where there were several outbreaks and people refused to answer questions to prevent their sport from being shut down. Good job, now everything is going to get shut down. Sorry to rant but I am weary of this especially when some common sense and curiosity could have lessened the impact.

I went grocery store shopping yesterday. The toilet paper and paper towel aisle had been ransacked. There were a few rolls of tp but no paper towels. Things for Thanksgiving dinner were also in short supply. I was texting my daughter the list of things I could not find so she could try on her way home from work. Between the two of us we got almost everything. I do have to venture out in a bit and try to get a few things I forgot to look for yesterday.

I thought I would get to weathering the hoppers and sealing the boxcars but every time I tried something else came up, May be today will be better.

I hope everybody has a good day.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  4:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LandNnut

Hi you all;
Thanks for the good response when I kicked off the lounge on Sunday.

And a fine job it was Jon!

Just remember rule #1.

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  9:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good evening, all. Things went pretty well at Seashore today: we finished placing ties and headblocks. Tomorrow will be leveling them, then maybe tie plates and rail. And colder, so I have to get out my winter tractor-driving gear. We're very shorthanded as our Roadmaster's knees gave out, but we did have one fit helper in his 30s for the afternoon. Luckily, Maine is still allowing people from NH in without quarantine.

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning  lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.57 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000