Railroad Line Forums - Sunday Morning Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 179 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday Morning Lounge
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday morning  lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge
Page: of 2

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  05:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys; I am not sure about the rules, but I thought I would start the lounge because I woke up early: Tennessee weather 58 degrees
Mostly clear
Wind
SSW 5 mph
Wind Gusts
10 mph
Humidity
85%
Indoor Humidity
60% (Ideal Humidity)
Dew Point
54° F
Pressure
29.96 in
Cloud Cover
22%
Visibility
10 mi
Cloud Ceiling

I am getting a hankering to run some trains. Haven't run any trains since maybe 2012. Can't quite remember. Perhaps its a retreat, reprieve from the current nonsense. Anyway hope you all have a blessed day.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jon. There aren't rules, but members who get up early open the day's Lounge when they get around to it. The NH seacoast is frosty with a light overcast, but by evening we'll have 50s, rain and wind. I'm up early to make a run to Boston, then work on my plumbing. Maybe some work on signage for the layout after dinner.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:28:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jon, and the incoming crew. Thanks for remembering the key was under the welcome mat. There are only a couple of rules. (other than the Forum rules)

Rule #1 - Make coffee
Rule #2 - Have something ready for breakfast, the crew comes in hungry.

Fortunately today is Sunday, so the Sunday Brunch Bar is easy. Now during the week, flipping pancake, making waffles, breakfast burritos, omelets, or SOS is up to the 'opener'.

Prior to Rule #1 - Greet everyone with a 'Good Morning' , no matter how good/bad the weather is. Weather report can be Sunny/cloudy/raining/etc. avoid the use of the Sn@* word.

After that you're on your own.

Jim

Take the red pill

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:41:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jon and incoming crew cereal and Decaf yuppie cup for me this morning. It's a breezy 59 here in SE Ohio going to be very windy today. SIL and I are going to work on my airbrush skills today. Never used my airbrush before. It's a pasha single valve?? should make for an interesting time. I'm wanting to paint some structures!!!!

Stay safe and well

Mark

It's a great life if you don't weaken

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jon and the rest of the crew. It is raining and 45 degrees with a wind chill of 37. An indoor day for sure.

Not much on the agenda for today. Some reading and hobby time for the most part.

Have a great day!

Bruce

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  07:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Moring! Thanks Guys I guess I did the opening close enough. I guess you guys will have to make your own coffee because Mr. Coffee Nerves and Mr. Acid Reflux and I don't get along. Ha Ha.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  08:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jon and crew. It's sunny and we're supposed to hit the 70's here in Tidewater Virginia.

After a bike ride I plan to spend some time on my switching layout. Yesterday was a total disaster. I'm following the Thomas Edison methodology - I'm identifying ways that don't work.

Have a good day.
George

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  09:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew. The expected high for today is right now: 66F. The sun disappeared with rain expected.

We had a good long walk yesterday in the beautiful weather. We walked the most scenic trail in our area. I did some work on the layout, various small jobs: cleaning track, painting landforms on the backdrop and working on a structure. More of that today.

Have a great day everyone!

Mike

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  09:20:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh, I'm not quite sure what I did yesterday, but I didn't really -accomplish much-. (I did spend time reshelving and organizing books in the library room....)

Stillers are on TV this afternoon.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  09:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50 this morning, dark grey and after an overnight rain paused it’s back again. The wind is a stiff breeze....today’s weather, tho, has a big BUT...temps will drop precipitously to the 30s and the winds will blast to the mid 50s with gusts...and that forbidden “S” word is a potential in the area and may even stick up toward the mid and upper sections of the state.

Today is the first day of the firearms deer hunting season and our wonderful state has apparently added fouled up computers for issuing licenses to the long list of disfunction from and her squad. Gas prices have gone up a quarter this week from a rather surprising and enjoyable $1.65/9 to over $2 to $2.25/9 in places.

Pledged not to get into braggin’ on my football “team” from E. Lansing, but I must say our first year PC $8million coach has managed to keep us from getting nearly as severely beaten as those demigods from S of us and their ‘leader’ the second coming....the only team we have managed to beat, mercilessly, surely the “pro” crew from SE will add to the dismal mediocrity that is the state of Michigan.

Today is the first day of the firearms deer hunting season. We’ve heard gunfire, sounds like Saturday night in Chicago. The weather service has issued warnings on the wind later and advised hunters to watch for flying limbs and debris in the woods. We were out at twilight last evening and saw a couple dozen deer around the area. I’ve already nailed mine with the truck so won’t be out in the woods. Never been a game hunter, spent over 25 years as a professional hunter....of bad guys. Much more fun.

Good day all, safe and well. Warm and dry.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  10:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Today is the first day of the firearms deer hunting season. We’ve heard gunfire, sounds like Saturday night in Chicago.

I only heard one shot earlier this morning. Probably the farmer who has the hay field behind me adding some venison to his freezer. I think he already got one with a bow. Never fear, it won't put a dent in the local deer population.

Bruce

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  11:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LandNnut

Good Moring! Thanks Guys I guess I did the opening close enough. I guess you guys will have to make your own coffee because Mr. Coffee Nerves and Mr. Acid Reflux and I don't get along. Ha Ha.

You are NOT required to drink it, just make it.

Jim

Take the red pill

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  11:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Somewhat ironic seeing a $50,000 SUV with Environmental Plates and $10,000 Car/Deer damage at the body shop.

Jim

Take the red pill

LandNnut
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  11:59:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit LandNnut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

quote:
Originally posted by LandNnut

You are NOT required to drink it, just make it.

Jim

Funny story: Quite a number of years ago in my mid twenties I was helping out with the rifle club archery contest. I was not accustomed to drinking coffee because I was raised to believe that it is unhealthy, and I had never made coffee before, but one of the jobs that needed doing that morning was to fire up the coffee maker. I took the blue can of Maxwell House coffee and read the direction on the can and made coffee in the machine according to the directions on the can, and everybody who drank that coffee said man alive that is strong coffee. I did not have any.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  12:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, All!

Time to stop the bickering, so the silver bullet is now READY with WatchYourSix blend to remind those of you headed for the woods to keep your eyes open and stay safe.

It's grey, 46, down from 50 and tanking, with high winds, large whitecaps on the Bay and darkness from the sky throughout the area and on-and-off wet gifts from above here in the northern mitten. Radar images indicate things becoming ugly north of here....

May be able to work some at the bench this afternoon, which will be a nice change from whanging away at the keyboard and then going back to try to catch the typos.

Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  12:13:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Maui and thanks Jon for opening. No worries on the opening there are enough folks here who know how to make coffee, besides you haven’t heard from the non caffeine drinkers yet. Maybe someone has the link to what Jim designed for our lounge. This is a great space. As to the food, with your last name, Egg McMuffins are always a good thing.

Trying to track down if the sugar cane field trains take tourists. I brought no modeling tools or kits with me so I am stuck either golfing, or relaxing by the pool over looking the golf course with the ocean in the background. The son and g/f arrived yesterday, the brother in July, Terry and I this week and the daughter and hubby coming on Tuesday. We will celebrate T-giving on Wednesday as no one know how long we will stay. I will stop by the lounge occasionally so stay safe and wear the mask.

Tom

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Monday morning  lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.54 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000