Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 196 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Chama coal tower question  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  07:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from warm and humid N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is ready with Patriot blend. The special is the All-American breakfast. Other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the serving line.

Work continued on the station build, and will continue today.

I'm going to keep with forum rules and not bring up the revelations seen last night.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Foggy and not that cool here in No. VA. Made the morning grocery run and back; have to make a run over to the PO next. 1/2 a bagel and cup of coffee and I'm off and running. Stitches out and all benign so all good for now. Hope the sun come out so we can get out and rake the back yard again.

Some NMRA paperwork to do, some magazine editing to do, and maybe I'll get into the shop today and do some soldering up of a scratch tank car.

In a time like ours seemings and portents signify. Ours is a generation when dogs howl and the skin crawls on the skull with its beast's foreboding.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  09:50:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, it's good you can put a shirt on and get outside!

Taking the wife to the hospital for that Special over 50 Test. Then some more work on the coaling tower. I got some good weathering/finish ideas from the pictures and video people posted on my request thread.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  10:05:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew,

Itís sunny and almost 60F here in northern WV. Promises to be a warm and pleasant day. Our daughter is stopping by for a couple of hours after she votes. We will probably have a simple meal on the patio.

Everything went well at the dentists but itís soft food for me the next couple of days. We did go walking a bit but otherwise I did a lot of sitting, listening to a country blues podcast, and working on the layout. I figured out the placement of a track representing a branch to a sawmill and ice house; it actually just disappears behind some trees.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  10:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. Yes, we have that "one day warmup" here in S.E. Michigan as well. We will flirt with 70 degrees around 2pm and then the bottom drops out and we head down to the low 30's over night.

I was out early to meet a friend active in my second hobby. I brought home some new toys.

Martin, great to hear some good news!

Mike, I was looking forward to seeing pictures the sawmill and ice house. Now you tell me they are both 'virtual'.

We have had about 1.5" of rain over the past three days and will get more with this cold front that is moving through.

Have a great day!

Bruce

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon folks

It is now 66 heading toward 71. The fog looks like it has burnt off. Third morning we had heavy fog in the morning.

Getting here late. After breakfast I fell back asleep accidently. Not much happening today. I need to go down to the basement and get the laundry from the dryer.

The high school in the district my wife works in reported their first COVID case. It is a student. They are attempting to do contact tracing. People are nervous. My wife works at the middle school. Since her student is all virtual, my wife is at home and works with him on Zoom.

I put away some the cars I recently weathered. I didnít get any more weathered. I had a major headache with the Access Database I made for inventorying my trains. It basically crashed. Luckily, I only lost one or two entries. The bad thing is I have to remake it. On the good side I discovered some ways to make it better and more stable.

I am off to PetSmart shortly to pick up cat food and hay for the Guinea pig.

I hope everybody has a good day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  5:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been said that which doesn't kill me will make me strong....feeling a whole box of Wheaties strong today...

After recharging my expletives collection I took a fresh approach at the snow blower bracketry and was able to get it installed and operating...memo to self, be sure the drive shaft is connected to the blower before testing next year. Learn how to take a better selfie...

Temps here were bumping the 70s after getting the machine ready, so much better when it is warm, I headed off with the zero turn and mowed for 3 periods of time before being chased inside by a final rain that eventually became a Severe Thunderstorm. All the front is done and 1/3 of the rear. It cleared a bit later but that bottom dropped off and the wind picked up and it's colder, 50s, than I wish to venture out again. Temp topping in 40s tomorrow. Had an accidental nap in there somewhere, too.

Yesterday the Doll and I went to my hometown to check on the fraternal grandparents grave, plus an aunt. She has a passion for keeping them cleaned off so we did that. After leaving town we drove past the boyhood home I'd sold a year ago. Stunned is the word we've had shared with us with the transformaton.....

PHOTOBUCKET SEEMS TO HAVE LOST THE IMAGE

So happy to see that 'home' will be taken care of so well, maybe some happiness that was missing there for so many years will return for another family.

New toys Bruce, inquiring minds, nosy folks wonder....heavy metal?

TomPM, your wife has to stay 6' from that Zoom screen for 14 days...or until after the election

Everyone have a good day, safe and warm.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/23/2020 5:37:41 PM

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Chama coal tower question  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000