Railroad Line Forums - Sunday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 218 ]  [ Total: 218 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: HunterLine stains are coming back Topic Next Topic: Walthers has bought Chooch  

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  08:26:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. Seacoast NH got its first hard frost overnight, but a sunny, clear day should warm up by mid-morning.

Today my painter will stop by to swap my attic storm windows for old windows in need of repair. Then the wood pile needs some attention, then things look free for some railroad work. I've found some good-looking awning canvas images which I'll turn into printed textures, but I need to make up names for a bunch of businesses.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:13:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, James and crew. We're going to be in the 60's again here in Tidewater Virginia. Pat wants to go shopping for azalea bushes, which means I'll be digging some holes later today.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning James and Crew. I set up the coffee urn, Thermite Weld blend along with the K-cup machine and itís many flavors. Other liquids are available in the stand up cooler at the end of the line. The breakfast menu is suspended and the ready box is a mystery of various food items. Good luck.

A very cold and heavy raining morning in So. Central Wisconsin. The high today will be around 45.

Have a great day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
50s and dull fugly grey sky with the impending feeling of doom as the rain % mounts to pretty high numbers thru out the day. I'll take a can of diet coke and go make myself a bowl of oat goo with fake sweet chemical and a dash of sin-a-min.

A trip to the barn/shop may get done later, or not. I didn't get out there yesterday, we went off to town and a bit of a ride to see a bit more color. The leaves are letting go and falling at a steady rate, the rain today will hurry that along.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew. Cool but sunny, but warming later. It will be a beautiful day for walking the rail trail.

I have an NMRA division meeting this afternoon so will be zooming in. Yesterday I made a couple more trees and ballasted a couple more feet of track. I also made and installed ties in the gaps where sections of track meet. I have several turnouts today do, which I dislike the most.

Some bulbs arrived and I should get them in the ground. That and the walking will get me outside. Itís all good.

Have a nice day everyone!

Mike

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning James and thanks for opening the lounge. It is cloudy, drizzly and in the upper 40's right now in S.E. Michigan. We look to be stuck in this weather pattern for a week, with the next chance for sun being next Sunday. No pun intended.

We had a good time celebrating our granddaugher's birthday yesterday afternoon. Her older sister was there, too. We don't get to see her as much since she got a house of her own some distance away. She works for the county health department, and had been on 'covid 19 duty' since March, but recently went back to her official duty as restaurant/food service inspector. She said that sadly many of her old restaurants have closed permanently.

Sitting here I see the last of the cut flowers in a vase here in the kitchen. Bonnie has had cut flowers constantly since June: Peonies, lilies, roses and many Dahlias. Knowing we were going to have a good freeze, I cut some Dahlia buds the other day, and they are now opening nicely. Five months of cut flowers from the yard. Not bad. A bit shorter than we had in Jersey, but just by a few weeks.

I see our flock of turkeys are busy picking up seeds under the bird feeders. I wonder if they will treat me to their strange 'dance' today?

Have a great day!

Bruce

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  09:57:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, James thanks for opening up the lounge. TomO, thanks for remembering the coffee. I've been up for hours. First the internet connection was down, then when it came back up, I was distracted. The distraction was checking out https://www.rarepaperdetective.com/collections/dollhouse-model-railroad-sign-stickers/products/model-railroad-dollhouse-miniature-signs-44-pcs-set-rusty-metal-sign-illustrations-8-5-x-11-sheet-500. There are a zillion (maybe not) ideas for James' business names. Don't know what scale they equate to, but a nice crosscut look at old signs. I was looking for a Western Union sign when I came across these. Apparently he's operating through 'ETSY' which I hadn't been on before. Worth a look.

The History Center trip had me pulling hair out last night. Three different renditions of the paint scheme, one of them describing the station as a 'log cabin'. Glad I'm not looking into a murder investigation.

My trip to the barn/shop yesterday have my allergies in full operation this morning. See you at the Sunday morning brunch. You may remove your mask while eating.

Martin, upright yet?

Have a Super day!

Jim

Take the red pill

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  10:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Local historical societies might have business directories (or phone books) from the location and time period in question. Those are a good source of both names and sometimes advertising.

I posted a work-in-progress photo to my coal tower build thread.

Installing ties underneath rail gaps/rail joiners is a small project that makes a big difference in how things look.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  10:49:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have an NMRA division meeting this afternoon so will be zooming in.

Got an NMRA division meeting/clinic myself today if I can stay upright and awake; during my nap time

Love to get out and into a garden but I'm not up to it yet - another week....got cannas and elephant ears to dig; kindling to gather and wood to split. Tomatoes and peppers are about done....mums that were planted better than 10 years ago are blooming...

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post, but several million electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  12:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon, All! 43, feels like 38 and dreary, damp but not yet laden with white gifts from above here in the northern mitten. Time to add in the second silver bullet with hot chocolate, though, so I have, and it's clearly marked so you don't confuse it with TomO's Thermite Weld.

Glad to see that Martin appears to be recovering; best wishes to the wives, SOs and the rest of us who are finding that old age ain't for sissies.... Nice images of local flora and fauna over the last few days... thanks, All!

Division Zoomery yesterday morning and more NMRA festivities this afternoon. Hopefully some bench time surrounding that process. Make it a great day, All, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: HunterLine stains are coming back Topic Next Topic: Walthers has bought Chooch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000