Railroad Line Forums - Saturday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 220 ]  [ Total: 221 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Walthers has bought Chooch Topic Next Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  07:32:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, lurkers, and guests. A chilly 34f to start off the day in N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Pullman Porter blend today. The special is Buckwheat pancakes, scrambled eggs, and crispy bacon. All other beverages and the oatmeal pot at the end of the serving line.

Best Wishes to 'The Doll' and her battle with shingles. Martin and his back surgery. TomO with his issues and anyone else who needs a hug.

Made a quick run to COSTCO yesterday to pick up some food storage bags and that was it. Going there and not using a shopping cart is a great way to save money.

Last night I printed up some 'lumber' for the train station. My roofing shingles showed up in the afternoon mail. They are too light in color. So it looks like alcohol and india ink will be called to action. That looks like today's project, along with a trip to the History Center to see if they dug up any more info.

Keep your distance, wash your hands.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Jim
Take the red pill

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  08:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and COLD here in southcentral Michigan, while in the UP they have already had their first round of the lake effect:
Here is a webcam shot from Michigan Tech Univ in Houghton at the base of the Keweenaw Peninsula on the Lake Superior side. An informant advises me that we had 1/2" on our Garden Peninsula. Grand Rapids weather nerd says a good chance for the s*** here sometime before Halloween. Better get the marker stakes out and the snowblower brackets on the Deere.

The Doll is doing ok, the doc said she self diagnosed pretty well and her early trip in was fortuitous. She should do ok with the early catch...

Breakfast sounds good, Jim. Probably oat goop and fake syrup here. Some of those chives you moved would be great in the eggs. First had those on the Super Chief back in the 70s.

Thanks for the hugs, I'll see that the Doll gets hers, TomO and Martin, self hugs...

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  08:33:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim I will pass on breakfast. it is 34 and foggy with sun bring to come through the fog here in SE Ohio. I would like to know how to find an old forum post?? I'm going to head down to the train room sometime today.
I hope Martin is doing well and Tom keeps getting better. My sister. in law has lyme disease also

Stay safe

Mark

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  08:33:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Karl, Mark and the rest of the crew. Coffee and oatmeal for me. Thank you.

Home again after spending the first overnights away from home since March. It was a great visit. But itís going to be a while before the next one. Our daughter landed a job at the local public library and although itís all digital right now, she will have more contact with others and it will be hard to do a self-quarantine before family visits.

We didnít quite have a frost last night. It promises to be a beautiful day and I need to get out walking.

Have a nice day everyone. Virtual hugs all around!

Mike

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 10/17/2020 08:52:34 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  09:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's in the 50's in Tidewater Virginia. Pat asked if I was going to walk with her, but I think I'll wait till the temp goes up a few degrees and go for a bike ride.

Karl talks about snow, and I'm looking at grass that needs cut. We had a good rain yesterday, so I think I'll wait till tomorrow to do the cutting.

Have a good day.
George

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  09:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We finally got some much needed rain, a steady downpour all night. We need a couple more nights like this, though. White Mountains got snow. :-)

I posted a separate item, HunterLine found a source of alcohol and will be bringing their stains back. Good news!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  10:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from Wisconsin. The weather is Fall like, overcast, not warm and the breeze is strong. Gusts will be up to 45 mph starting around 11am. Thanks Jim for opening and the breakfast.

Thanks for the mention, I give myself self hugs because positive thinking is a great help to recovery. The Lymes disease is an exhausting event. It is hard to diagnose because the symptoms are so similar to many other types of illnesses. I am recovering though. My oxygen levels are at 94% or better, they were in the 80ís and the lab panels while still not ďnormalĒ they are improving and are no longer weekly but bi-weekly. In yesterdayís online Doctor visitation she laughed when I told her I lost 6#s this week, the doctor knows my PT. Megan the therapist is tough nut when in business mood. So health wise I'm getting better, except after PT when I feel like s..t. Wisconsin though now leads the nation in Covid 19 daily new cases and daily deaths.

Karl, give our best to the Doll. I have seen lots of miserable people while they had shingles. My daughter got shingles during the 2nd pregnancy.

Martin, best to you too, we are thinking of you, stay positive.

Everyone else stay safe and healthy.

Trains, the SIL says the large scale is ready for family and Gandy Dancer Crew families to ride. Tomorrow at 11 we will run both locomotives and socially distance seating for non-families. Should be fun and itís possible the sun might be out tomorrow. Festivityís start at 10 as a tail gating socially distance event and barely within the mandated Covid rules in Wisconsin.

Modeling, I have returned to the hobby room. Trees to finish off the hill in the corner. Trees the grandkids are finishing off are going on the slot track. The kids want Autumn color trees and I have never tried that. But, I will head to the LHS tp procure Autumn stuff to finish the trees we started.

Have a great day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and in the mid-30's here in S.E. Michigan. We might break 50 degrees today.

Karl, our wishes for a quick recovery go out to your wife. Shingles are not fun, and Bonnie and I got the vaccine last year. Hopefully it works.

The frost got the last of our flowering plants, so I can now cut the rest of them back.

It is our younger Michigan granddaughter's birthday today, so we will be heading over later today to celebrate.

Have a great day!

Bruce

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  11:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all from the now-sunny and blowing out of the northwest NH seacoast. We got 2" in a storm that started when I was broken down in Boston yesterday noon and ended during our late breakfast. Luckily the Road Service guy was good at improvisation and I was able to drive home staying off the highway. Frost expected tonight, so my wife's plants will come in or be covered. My later PawPaw tree is still producing, so I'll take some to the farm stand (they sell for $.50 apiece) and we have plenty of Baldwin and Haralson apples.

Best wishes to Karl's wife, TomO and Martin.

The HUB Division's 'Railfun' zoom event was a good accompaniment for workbench time yesterday evening. I'll look around for others. Meanwhile, my Tichy boxcar is almost ready for airbrushing.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  1:18:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since Karl showed us what the weather looks like in his part of the country, I thought I'd post a picture of the Chesapeake Bay that I took on my bike ride today. The temps are now in the 60's.

George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  9:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice George!

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Previous Topic: Walthers has bought Chooch Topic Next Topic: The Video, Pics, Joke and Misc. Thread  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000