Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 208 ]  [ Total: 208 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  07:58:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all! The coffee urn is READY with Railbender blend. Wake up and smell the coffee! The special is the All American breakfast. A couple of eggs, two sausages, two strips of bacon, two slices of toast. All other beverages at the end of serving line with the oatmeal pot.

Why are twitter and facebook censoring the news? Something happen or happening that they don't want people to know? Weird

I worked on making some corbels for the station I'm building. Trying to squeeze a little design in the inner bracing. Drawing is one thing, getting the hot plastic to respond is another story. Back to the drawing board on that one.

Nothing planned for today other than pushing things around on the bench. I do need to check out why the sound on one engine has gone silent.

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  08:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. It's in the 50's here in Tidewater Virginia, but supposed to get into the upper 70's. I'll be bike riding after it gets into the 60's.

Pat bought some carrot cake Oreos yesterday. She tried one and said they're too sweet and rich, so I guess I'm going to have to eat the whole bag myself.

Have a good day.
George

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  09:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! A sunny 61F here in WV with 72F in the forecast.

A lot of doing not much planned for today. We walked in a national forest yesterday, about 4,450í elevation. I was wondering why I was feeling a little lightheaded getting up out of the car until it sank in that I was much higher than the usual 900í. Weíll probably walk some more today.

The view out our window:

I hope everyone is well and has a nice day.

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  09:19:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where the high will be 50. That will be the high for the next 7 days or so per the weather guessers. Thanks Jim for opening and the breakfast.

Jim, itís about time that social media went out and stopped the lies being transmitted. I donít think itís any overt cover up going on. Now if you tube would eliminate the political ads that I get on almost every train related video I look at. Terry, foolishly IMO yesterday answered a phone number she didnít know. People pushing her to vote, she said she voted and the person then proceeded to tell her her mail in vote wonít count and needs to vote in person on the third. We put our votes in the ballot box at city hall a couple weeks ago. Crazy.

Terry has the baking supplies out this morning but still wants to do a hour or so scenic trip just to get out. I ordered online yesterday some grandstands in 1/29 for the slot track that we race the 1/32 scale cars on. I ordered 2 and will use them to figure out how to build my own in scale. I have been switching between the trains and slots the last few evenings. The grandkids will be here for a hour after school as we will work on some trees for the slots.

The stair climbing routine is one of the toughest things I have ever done in any of my recoveries. Day 3 starts after I complete this. Enjoy your day.

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  09:45:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

Jim, itís about time that social media went out and stopped the lies being transmitted. I donít think itís any overt cover up going on. Now if you tube would eliminate the political ads that I get on almost every train related video I look at.

TomO

'social media' is not a news organization bound by the same rules of libel, etc as legitimate news organizations which are bound to/by First Amendment privileges. It's all garbage. Funny you should complain about the political ads, I can't look at anything without a video trying to sell me a subscription to how to put down ballast, etc. Where is that "OFF" button?

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  09:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 56 degrees right now in S.E. Michigan. It was 59 degrees at wake-up, so we have already seen the high temperature of the day. Frost is predicted for over night.

Yesterday I did a last round of weed whacking in the yard, ran the gas tank dry, and stored the machine for the winter. I also drained and stored the two hoses that I used to water gardens this year, and replaced the batteries in three outdoor temperature sensors that feed info to our indoor/outdoor thermometers.

Mike, enjoy that great view!

Tom, I'm old fashioned and somewhat distrustful of my fellow citizens. I do not trust my vote to pass thru any hands (post people, or clerks) other than mine, so we will vote in person on the election day.

Jim, once a majority of our fellow citizens decided not to be outraged by organized censorship, we are doomed as a republic. It is up to us, the receivers of all information to decide the veracity of the info - not any company employee or elected official. There are enough 'original sources' out there if you search to verify whatever is said on either side. There are now two different 'realities' out there.

I just watched some bizarre turkey behavior. We have had a group or 7 turkeys hanging around today I saw some facing each other, jumping straight up and flailing with their feet. At first I thought it was some Tom's working out dominance, but as it went on, different birds paired up and did it. All 7 eventually participated.

Have a great day!

Bruce

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  10:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is cloudy and 56 degrees right now in S.E. Michigan. It was 59 degrees at wake-up, so we have already seen the high temperature of the day. Frost is predicted for over night.

I just watched some bizarre turkey behavior. We have had a group or 7 turkeys hanging around today I saw some facing each other, jumping straight up and flailing with their feet. At first I thought it was some Tom's working out dominance, but as it went on, different birds paired up and did it. All 7 eventually participated.

Have a great day!

What channel was that on?

Jim

Take the red pill

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  10:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not doing much of anything for the next few days......stitches inner and outer closing a small hole in my back where something that did not belong was removed, and I've probably already pushed the envelope on being upright already.

Too much politics in the lounge anyway.

Time for more Advil and lay down....

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post, but several million electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

TomPM
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  10:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit TomPM's Homepage  Send TomPM a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks

It is 60, going up to 73.

Been crazy the last couple of days. I have had to run my son out to the Courthouse the past few days. As part of his job he is working voter education. Basically, he is standing outside the Government Center at a table answering questions, directing people to where the voter center and dropbox are. He has been very busy these days. There is a constant flow of people voting. I was one of them and dropped my ballot off on Tuesday. My son was accused of bribing voters by a local social media news group. The "bribe" was the "I voted" stickers. This so-called news group is very biased and lies. The owner has been convicted of impersonating a reporter, slander, making phony 911 calls, making terrorist threats, and a few other things. He is supposed to be in jail but is still out on appeal

TomO, your wife should report the phone call to your Board of Elections. That is a blatant case of voter suppression.

Wife and I went and got our haircuts last night. It was just us and the stylist in the salon.

I have not gotten any modeling done in several days. There just have not been enough time. We will see what happens today.

I hope everybody has a good day.

Edited by - TomPM on 10/15/2020 10:38:54 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, I hope everything is OK.

George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  2:41:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chilly cloudy 50s in MI today, I had a morning appt. with the GI Doc's PA, routine yearly visit so they can dip into the insurance funds and refill my Rx.

Martin is right, too much politics, I plead guilty. I'll not express my agreement with Jim and Bruce.... No rose colored glasses here.

Working on a caboose I bought, new Athearn UP CA-8, way to many zeros in the price. Parts fit issue. First model related item I've done lately.

Cold is settling in over the weekend with a FROST and FREEZE warning posted just a bit ago.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/15/2020 2:45:01 PM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  4:58:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, hope that part in the back is not needed and your recovery be great.

TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  5:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Martin, hope your hole closes up quickly.

Mike, I remember one day flying from northern VA (350') into Denver, driving to Georgetown CO and then up to Guanella Pass, 11,600'. I got out and got slammed by the altitude. Really woozy and slightly nauseous. That night I spent in Georgetown at 8500', and drove back up and over Guanella Pass the next day.

Earlier today I sprayed a patch on my PRR boxcar where the paint peeled off when I tried to strip the decal. Looks like the paint went on a slightly different color, so this car might end up with more weathering than planned. :-(

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000