Railroad Line Forums - Monday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, from overcast but warm N.E.Indiana. The coffee urn has signaled READY with Columbian coffee from the country named after Christopher Columbus who WE used to celebrate on this date. It is also Canadian Thanksgiving and hope they celebrate it.
The special is a short stack and sausage patties. All other beverages at the end of the serving line along with the oatmeal pot.

What happens to all the mattresses that won't be at "Annual Columbus Day Mattress Sales"? At least our postal workers don't forget the day.

I'm heading to pick up more #73 crushed rock for the driveway, I'll get a workout today.

Have a safe and Super day!

P.S. Beautiful pictures on yesterday's lounge Karl.

Jim

Take the red pill

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain, rain, and more rain all day.....

So, a day catching up in the home office with a few breaks to be had in the shop, and maybe some fun in the kitchen in the afternoon.

No trees were harmed in the creation of this post, but several million electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:42:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 53 degrees and cloudy here in S.E. Michigan. We might reach the upper 60's later today.

We finished up the fall chore of window washing yesterday. Still some more gardens to cut back and by that time it will be time to attack the leaves.

If the state range is open today, I'll head over there later this morning.

Have a great day!

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where Columbus Day is still being celebrated. Most banks are closed as is the USPS but schools are open. Today is online Monday for our grandkids and per the text just received they will be here soon. My day is scheduled. 9 is PE, 10 is art (my favorite) and 1 is Music which is a hoot. These classes have 100 students and lots of family members in the background. Because of the rain the recess at 11 is going to be indoors and with the grandson we will be testing slot cars.

Have a great day
TomO

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew. Overcast and occasional breeze but comfortable in northern WV. The coffee and oatmeal hit the spot.

Yes, I enjoyed the photos also. They remind me of trips to Michigan, New York and Vermont to see family.

We finally had rain last night. I did get the front and side lawns mowed; not much to cut, but itís neater. Maybe the back today if things dry up. The rain left some jobs to do like straightening up the tomato cages. I have a few iris to plant a neighbor gave us. Iíll take a couple to our daughterís tomorrow. I also need to clear out my side of the garage so I can get the car in for winter. My half is my workshop in the summer.

Iím almost finished decaling two boxcars and hope to finish today.

Everybody have a nice day!

Mike

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  09:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. Our weather is similar to Martin's up in northern Virginia - rain.

We're about to head to Costco to take advantage of their senior only hour. Nothing specific planned after that.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  09:23:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, thanks for the great reviews on my pix. I take hundreds and never get them past the download to the 'puter stage. My iphone/ipad shared memory bank says it has over 11k photos, most mine and some 'saved' images from the web.

Yesterday was a terrific, if slightly cool, looking day and we went for a long drive capped off with a visit to Subway to visit the Doll's grand daughter for a couple of sandwiches, and a hug.

No big plans yet today. Just heard from a subcontractor from the UP with an estimate on gutters and downspouts. Most likely it will be Spring before they're able to do them.

Everyone have a great day, it's looking like clouds and eventually some of TomO's rain. we could use it but the farmers, who don't take the day off this time of year without it, really don't need it. There are still lots of fields that need harvesting.

Have a great Columbus Day, all...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/12/2020 09:25:14 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  12:07:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that was fun! Two Aleve's a hot shower, and a half ton of stone hand shoveled on the driveway. Nap will follow.

Jim

Take the red pill

Previous Topic: Tuesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000