Railroad Line Forums - 1 2 3 blocks
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 224 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 WorkShops, Garage, Machines and Tools
 1 2 3 blocks
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: CentralPneumatic Air Eraser Kit  

john holt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  2:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just purchased a 2 pack of 1 2 3 blocks at Home Depot, mailed to my home,(free shipping) for $17.91. These are Wen brand and had excellent reviews. While these may not be adequate for the expert machinist, one review shows these blocks to be dead on using a caliper to check block dimensions. For model building they will just fine. Sure beats the $29.95 price at Micro Mark. Please note I neither work at or have stock in Home Depot or Micro Mark. Take care....John.

GULF COAST & WESTERN

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  2:55:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,

Jim

Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  3:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

George

bandman
Section Hand

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  5:28:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just checked my local HD. Cost here (middle Tennessee) is $22.99 with free shipping...a $5 bump.

Horton M.

resqrk
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  07:54:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The price discrepancy might be the metric ones. They are more expensive than the inch ones......
Rick

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  08:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great find, John. Thanks for sharing.

Bruce

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  11:29:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a set from the box of a master machinist at Oldsmobile. I purchased his whole box of every imaginable bit you’d need in the oak machinist’s chest and 2 drawer extra base for ~$100 at the estate sale his son had. The 1-2-3 blocks and several other steel bars and blocks are surely under utilized for squaring up models or as I often do, holding flextrack in place. I only wish I had a fraction of the knowledge and ability to use them as intended.

The baby sitting gig the Doll had yesterday was stressful, the boy spent 6.75 hours of the ~7 he was here transfixed with the little 4x6 inch electronic do-dad he has. He wouldn’t even go out and pick a pumpkin out of the garden to take home, “No, Grams, better not go out...it looks like it might rain...” he was scared witless of the influx of “stink” bugs on the screen and avoided them at all costs. I opted to mow and spend a couple hours at that. In addition to the deciduous trees the evergreens, mostly white pine here, also are losing their “leaves” in large amounts, much more than I’ve seen prior years. I blow them up under the pines as mulch. I’m having mixed results with the grass I seeded. Probably will need to put a bit more seed in a couple of places.

For some reason my keyboard for the iPad has quit working midway thru this manifesto. #$4562*()’e

The sky is nice and blue today, tho it’s a bit cool. I think a drive is in order. Too few nice days left.

Everyone have a great day.

Be well. Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian/Canadien neighbors. This is a much nicer day than we’ve usually had in November here.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  1:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife has seen problems with the iPad keyboard disconnecting (the one within the iPad, not an external keyboard) That's annoying, to say the least...

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Topic Next Topic: CentralPneumatic Air Eraser Kit  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000