Railroad Line Forums - Got the bug.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 222 ]  [ Total: 229 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Got the bug.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20 Topic Next Topic: On building MoW cars
Page: of 7

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  09:17:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernd, I think that might be wishful thinking. This may be a more likely candidate.
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/6825836905593830/
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/44965696259730394/
1937 - 1939 Plymouth. License plate location, and the trunk bumpout give it away.

Thanks for checking it out.

Jim

Take the red pill

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  11:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jim-

Does this area indicate a straight vertical wall with a roof bracket?

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  3:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great project!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  4:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carl B

Hey Jim-

Does this area indicate a straight vertical wall with a roof bracket?

No it's just a dummy piece to start trying to get roof angles etc. It looks like a straight vertical wall was what was there. I'll end up modifying these several times. That one in the picture is only .5mm thick. Printed off in about 8 minutes and used about $.03 worth of plastic. I see there is a window above the CHURUBUSCO sign. Better pictures would help. One of the oldtimers at the History Center said he might have another picture. I'll find out on Saturday.

Jim

Jim

Take the red pill

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  4:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terrell

Great project!

I hope so!

Thanks Fred,

Jim

Take the red pill

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  4:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Bernd, I think that might be wishful thinking. This may be a more likely candidate.
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/6825836905593830/
https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/44965696259730394/
1937 - 1939 Plymouth. License plate location, and the trunk bumpout give it away.

Thanks for checking it out.

Jim

Yup, you're right. I took a closer look. The tail lights and the trunk area with the shadow on the right are a give away. I guess I get excite to fast on that one.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  6:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you looked for PRR valuation paperwork? That would probably include the basic dimensions, if not a sketch. Web search says there are about 10K documents but they aren't complete.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  6:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jbvb

Have you looked for PRR valuation paperwork? That would probably include the basic dimensions, if not a sketch. Web search says there are about 10K documents but they aren't complete.

James, it was built in 1891 40+ years before Pennsy involvement. Do you think it would be documented as an asset. Originally built I believe by the Toledo-Logansport railroad. There is a museum in Logansport thay may have more info on it, and if it was a carbon copy structure.

Jim

Take the red pill

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  7:31:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've only looked closely at B&M valuation sheets, but stations are frequently drawn and documented down to heating equipment and furniture. Simpler buildings have at least footprint dimensions and type of construction. The goal was an accurate estimate of the replacement cost of the plant, should it be nationalized, so the RRs had an incentive to help the ICC employees doing the work. Some B&M valuation maps were kept up to date long after abandonment, through the final disposal of the underlying land.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/30/2020 :  8:29:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, looks like you have a good handle on this already'.. Your printing is looking very good!!!!. Nice back story too'...

Ted

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ted,
I'm waiting on another alleged photo to show up to see if I can get more detail on the station. The photo above of the station would help if it were clearer. But if you see the Western Union sign, looke slightly down and right. You can see the 'telegrapher pounding the brass!'.

I made up the windows that I'll use on the build while waiting.

Jim

Take the red pill

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/01/2020 :  10:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Windows came out nice Jim.

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  09:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is fun to see this unfold. As with many of us, I can see that you enjoy the research as well as the build. Those windows look very good, BTW.

Bruce

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  09:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those windows look great. Which printer do you have?

I'm waiting on another alleged photo to show up

Jim- I had the same frustration with my project of the Depot/Office. The C&O Historical Society never even acknowledged my contact.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/02/2020 :  09:17:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jerry and Bruce. Version 1 of the windows took a hard left to the recycle can. Pilot error! 

Jim

Take the red pill

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Intro.- the Holt house- the White house. 10-22-20 Topic Next Topic: On building MoW cars  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000