Railroad Line Forums - BCRR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 225 ]  [ Total: 230 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 BCRR
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Climax A Build Topic Next Topic: A few 2-6-0 Mogul questions (Backdating, Radii...)
Page: of 7

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  6:14:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The track plan really helps me see whatís what. Thank you for taking time to draw it.

Mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  7:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy Kyle,

That is very impressive backdrop and scenery. Well done!

Persist,
Mike

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Michael and Mike. I'm going to try and start plastering the canyon this weekend. Then, maybe I can finish the last stretches of track that need ground cover(dirt) and then add ballast. Hey Frisco Mike, is Joe Batson still working on his Choctaw Lumber Co. railroad? He came by and looked at the old Grizzly & Dilapidated Ry. a few years back, and I was supposed to go by and visit his layout; but I had my heart attack and never did get around to getting together. If you hear from him, I'd still like to stop by and see his pike (as Mr. John Allen would say) when he has time. I'm retired now and would really enjoy seeing another On30 layout. And yes I've seen the Texas Western layout; very, very, nice indeed!

Edited by - kyle creel on 09/17/2020 8:06:25 PM

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 09/18/2020 :  08:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great job on blending the foreground and backdrop.

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/19/2020 :  01:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just couldn't help myself; I went all JOHN ALLEN on my new 2-4-4-2....... Engage cutting disc; git yer targit lined up; ready, fire, aim!!!!!! I chopped off half the pilot platform and ditched the pilot truck; WHOOPIEEE .....I got me a Gorre & Daphetid lookin' Ohhhh-4-4-2. Ain't it great when in-spire-ray-shun hits; and ya just feel gooooood all over; 'specially in yer eyeballs!!!!!!!!! She tracks great, runs great, is ugly as hell and I'm in LUV!!!!!!! Pics to foller!
Kyle

Edited by - kyle creel on 09/19/2020 01:26:47 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/19/2020 :  10:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle great job on the foreground-background blending. A person can't tell where one stops and the other starts; it's looks flawless. Awesome job!

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/23/2020 :  02:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Larry, Here is a shot of the now 'bobbed-nosed' 0-4-4-2; also some more shots of Blackrock, Dilapidated, and Ft. Compton. Hope ya'll like them.

As always, cheers and jeers are welcome and appreciated.

Kyle

here's the 0-4-4-2...
Download Attachment: 003resizedckc.jpg
145.78†KB

Blackrock...

Download Attachment: 015resizedckc.jpg
90.51†KB

Dilapidated...

Download Attachment: 019resizedckc.jpg
127.01†KB

and Ft. Compton...
Download Attachment: 020resizedckc.jpg
92.92†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 09/23/2020 03:09:26 AM

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/24/2020 :  4:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well, another day of plastering. You'd think as big as the canyon is that I'd understand the amount of area to be covered equals a whole lot of cutting, mixing, dipping, placing, smearing, etc., over and over and over again; but alas, I guess I thought it'd go faster or something. Anyways, 2 more days of this at least. THEN the final coat before carving and adding castings. And it'll all still be WHITE WHITE WHITE......oh man ain't this a blast?!!!!!!!!!!!

plastering kyle

Download Attachment: 002resizedckc.jpg
62.96†KB

Download Attachment: 003resizedckc.jpg
75.8†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 09/24/2020 5:02:18 PM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/25/2020 :  10:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Plastering Kyle looks really good so far; I'm sure that it will look spectacular when your done. Keep going.

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  4:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this is plastering Kyle checking in with a progress report. Got a couple of coats of base color applied, did a little carving and casting, sold and closed on a house my wife inherited 10 years ago, moved out all the antique furniture from the old train room (the location of the old Grizzly & Dilapidated Ry) put it all in storage, converted the rest of my half of the garage to my new play room complete with Day Bed ('cause I snore really loud on occasion)my roll top work desk, TV, stereo, Roku, You Tube TV streaming service, Pandora music, Netflix, etc. etc. etc. A/C and Heat, mini fridge w/beer, and all my railroad mags and books. TRAINS, FOOTBALL, BEER, MUSIC, MOVIES, BEER, The Blackrock Canyon RR, did I mention BEER? Pics to follow.........sorry 'bout the poor quality shots of the crew quarters,..... flip phone....

Edited by - kyle creel on 10/23/2020 4:54:03 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a fun room and there is lots of beer, beer I'm in for sure.

The layout looks great!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  4:54:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat pictures or the town in front of the backdrop.

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok here goes....

Download Attachment: 017resizedkc.jpg
57.85†KB

Download Attachment: 019resizedckc.jpg
68.15†KB

Download Attachment: 020resizedkc.jpg
39.84†KB

Download Attachment: 024resizedckc.jpg
35.92†KB

Download Attachment: 026resizedckc.jpg
44.79†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 10/23/2020 5:11:30 PM

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  5:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So that's the PAD, lads. It really is cozy and comfy. Sometimes late, late in the wee small hours of the night (after 1:00 am) I lie there and fall asleep just gazing at the BCRR.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  5:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely looks cozy and comfy.
Layout looks very good.

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Climax A Build Topic Next Topic: A few 2-6-0 Mogul questions (Backdating, Radii...)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000