Railroad Line Forums - BCRR
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 198 ]  [ Total: 205 ]  [ Newest Member: mm0047 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 BCRR
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO.
Page: of 11

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that was a wise decision!!

Looking forward to the next steps.

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  10:08:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iíve never finished a big job without thinking of ways to do it differently, but itís best to resist these urges. For now . . .

Mike

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle,
Great rock work! I'll have to refer to this thread when I start doing my quarry.
Interesting dual gauge siding. Nice track work.

Scott

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 03/14/2021 :  10:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle,
Is the dual gauge article in the Railway Age gazette?

Scott

Edited by - CNE1899 on 03/22/2021 8:47:09 PM

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/22/2021 :  1:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx for the comments and advice fellas; Y'all are all correct. It's so funny though, 'cause sometimes when I look at the layout I can see the rotated 4x8 section with the afternoon special rolling through Dilapidated and rounding the curve at the concrete retaining wall and scooting right through Scavenger...ER, UMM, OH YEAH, I'M NOT CHANGING IT!!!!!!!! Man I gotta get finished with all these 1:1 garden projects/landscaping honey-do's before I miss-place what few marbles I do have still rolling around in this 67 1/2 year old brain I'm lucky to have. I'VE GOT A MINIATURE RAILROAD TO BUILD!!!!!!Thanx again guys......

KYLE CREEL
G.M./SUPT. BCRR

P.S. I got the idea for the dual gauge trackwork from an article in the gazette showing how the EBT used this concept to transfer std. gauge ore cars to narrow gauge trucks. They just rolled the cars in and raised them up by pushing them along with beams under them attached to wheels on an outside rail and rolled the std. gauge trucks away and rolled the narrow gauge trucks up to the proper position and reversed the procedure to lower the cars back down onto the narrow gauge trucks which were on the EBT tracks. At least the way I understood the procedure. Anyway, I'm just using them for extra siding space when needed. BYE.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/22/2021 :  3:29:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Canadian National did the same thing with standard gauge cars at Port Aux Basques, Newfoundland in the last decades of 3' 6" gauge Newfoundland railroading. Of course, they had no tunnels and no close-clearance bridges to worry about.

James

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  12:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just relocated an old bldg. from Ft. Compton to Scavenger, now the old reversing loop section that passes through here also becomes a 2 ended siding (or something like that).
All for now...

Kyle Creel
SUPT./G.M. BGRR

Download Attachment: 004rsdkc.jpg
74.71†KB

Download Attachment: 005rsdkc.jpg
89.14†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 04/04/2021 12:21:46 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  05:47:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle, thanks for the update.
That's a nice addition to the layout.

Larryc
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  09:06:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kyle looking good!!! I like the building color; nice contrast to be scenery. Hope the Engineer takes it slow around the curve or that could be real bad.

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/04/2021 :  10:06:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanx Larry,
Thanx Rick,
OK, here's a few more shots from around Scavenger. The last 2 cars on the MOW train are scratch built, the last one is built on an HO track cleaning car frame. I just removed the body and built it out to the right width and built a little caboose type structure, made some grab irons and away she goes doing MOW (cleaning the track). Oh yeah, the locomotive is my 'chopped nose' 0-4-4-2 (I removed the pilot wheels and cut down the pilot) for some reason it just wanted me to??!!

Kyle Creel
SUPT./G.M. BCRR

Download Attachment: 002kc.jpg
105.96†KB

Download Attachment: 003.jpg
176.39†KB

Download Attachment: 004kc.jpg
116.34†KB

Download Attachment: 008.jpg
181.74†KB

Download Attachment: 009kc.jpg
140.13†KB

Download Attachment: 011kc.jpg
125.53†KB

Edited by - kyle creel on 04/04/2021 10:23:08 AM

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: J.D.s Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: R. T. HARDING MINING CO.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000