Railroad Line Forums - CentralPneumatic Air Eraser Kit
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 247 ]  [ Total: 247 ]  [ Newest Member: wandering rr ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 WorkShops, Garage, Machines and Tools
 CentralPneumatic Air Eraser Kit
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Stripwood cutter?  

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  1:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was at Harbor Freight to get a new car jack because the old was getting tired and wouldn't lift items anymore. So while I was there I thought I'd do a quick search to see if they had the airbrush media blaster. Lo and behold they had two. $27.99, it went home with me. It comes with a small jar of aluminum oxide. I'll give it a try and report back later.

Bernd
WWG1WGA

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  5:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Total ripoff of the Paasche unit. Wear safety goggles and a good respirator. Puts a lot of flak in the air. The tip is a consumable as the 'media' is abrasive.

Jim

Take the red pill

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  5:57:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Total ripoff of the Paasche unit. Wear safety goggles and a good respirator. Puts a lot of flak in the air. The tip is a consumable as the 'media' is abrasive.

Jim

I thought it looked familiar. I've done some sand blasting with a large unit using a black type of abrasive for car rims. Even built my own blaster. So familiar with the flying debris. I want to use backing soda as the aluminum oxide seems a little to abrasive for brass or plastic models.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 08/10/2020 :  9:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What happened to your home made baking soda blaster you made-up? Also a good article was in the February 2012 Railroad Model Craftsman where Jack Burgess built a sandblasting booth if interested.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

NVWalt
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  12:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't post much anywhere but that little unit has worked fine for me with baking soda. Adjust your air pressure and you are good to go. It is a bit messy, but I have never used a sandblaster that wasn't unless fully enclosed.

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  12:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Always to the rescue Louis.

What happened to that baking soda blaster? Wasn't made professionally enough (to Rub Goldberg). I was more interested in seeing if baking soda would do the job. I was also looking at what the auto finishers use to prep their cars. They are bigger (hold more media). Never got around to refining my version of the blaster and never really looked for the automotive version. So I needed a floor car jack and then did a quick look to see if they had one of those air erasers and they did. For the price I thought why not. I'm getting to the point of buying tools instead of trying to build my own. I've discovered that I can get more modeling done if I buy tools instead of building my own.

I do like your blast cabinet. May be making (maybe buying ) one. Thanks for the date of the article. I'll check it out.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 08/11/2020 :  12:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NVWalt

I don't post much anywhere but that little unit has worked fine for me with baking soda. Adjust your air pressure and you are good to go. It is a bit messy, but I have never used a sandblaster that wasn't unless fully enclosed.

Thanks for the input Walt. Going to try baking soda on of these days.

Bernd

WWG1WGA

Topic Next Topic: Stripwood cutter?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000