Railroad Line Forums - 26' Flatcar in Fn3
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 137 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: ifi haver ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 26' Flatcar in Fn3
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Choices Challenge Rock Deck Scow Topic Next Topic: Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built
Page: of 3

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  09:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Frédéric, one thing you have to consider is replacing the plastic wheel sets with metal. Running plastic wheels on HOT summer track will melt the wheels. I've seen it happen.

Frank

BreizhSteamer
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  3:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit BreizhSteamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, thank you for the feedback! It just seemed a bit strange to me, that most flatcars show up to eight stake pockets on each side.
Were those meant for heavier loads, or longer cars?

Frank, thanks for the attentive advice, however those are blackened steel wheelsets.
I've had my own share of worn-down plastic wheelsets and I like the low center of gravity those wheelsets lend to the waggon.
So, no worries there

Frédéric

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/09/2021 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Frédéric,

It might be in part the length of a car but there was also variation in spacing among railroads. perhaps related to typical commodities shipped.

Mike

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Choices Challenge Rock Deck Scow Topic Next Topic: Photo Gallery of things you have scratch built  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.48 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000