Railroad Line Forums - Rainy (in NH) Monday lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 310 ]  [ Total: 315 ]  [ Newest Member: SandersReview ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Rainy (in NH) Monday lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tuesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday lounge  

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  10:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Passing by, I saw the lights were off, so I opened up: Hot water is on, I put mulberries, black raspberries and strawberries on the counter.

The NH seacoast got quite a thunderstorm in the early hours, with more forecast for tonight. The forecasters don't seem interested in the ongoing drizzle. Bills to pay, then back to turnout mechanisms and a new (small) control panel.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  10:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iíll add to the mirth and merriment: Well past breakfast time, sort of brunch, I guess. So how about some sausage egg and cheese with lettuce tomato and pickle sandwiches on Rye muffins? Or a Western Omelet for those still in the earlier hours to the West?

Hot Sum-sum-summertime blend coffee and some well iced tea and lemonade as well. An ice chest full of pop, diet and not. A case of Ice Mountain water in the galvanized ice bucket as well. Tea and toast for the stiff little finger crowd and even a Hair of the Dog draft if youse wantiní it.

The Dollís girls and crew were here yesterday, the a/c was put to challenge with the hot air but laughs and smiles abounded even after the one totally forgot to show up and had to be fetched from home as her car is in the body shop. I had to don a long sleeve as my virus entry check showed I was a couple of degrees short of a full load.

Today, already warm is going to hades like heat this afternoon as well much of the next week. Early plans have already be re-shelved.

Modeling MIGHT occur. But who knows.

I know my son with the Jeep crowding my space like a book, when he sent me photos yesterday of someplace he was at in another part of the state I replied with a photo of his beater in my barn......

Everyone have a good day. Keep your sanity close it hand, there are serious efforts afoot to remove it. John Wayne? Give me a break.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 06/29/2020 11:41:46 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  10:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' James!

82, feels like 84 and trending toward here in the northern mitten today. I just loaded the silver bullet with Railbender Blend, and it should be up soon.

Your thunderstorm apparently did a job to the southwest of Boston yesterday... flooded out the Norwood hospital, killed the power and so on.

Stay safe!!!

Pete
in Michigan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  11:04:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of small 'red patches' on the weather radar last night, and same pattern is supposed to continue today and tomorrow. We need the rain, but not a full month's worth of rain in 30 minutes.

Today is a low energy day for me. Not sure what I'll tackle on the layout today. It's too humid to spray seal the photo backdrops. Maybe I'll do some rough scenery.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, James and crew. I'm in a good mood - the air conditioner repair man just left and our house is cooling down. We're going to be in the upper 80's and humid in Tidewater Virginia, so the a/c is needed.

I have some errands to run and then I need to decide if I want to do some outdoor chores this afternoon or find some indoor activities. Anyone want to guess what my choice is?

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  11:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

Good morning, James and crew. I'm in a good mood - our house is cooling down. We're going to be in the upper 80's and humid , so the a/c is needed.
I need to decide if I want to do some outdoor chores this afternoon or find some indoor activities. Anyone want to guess what my choice is?

Have a good day.
George

CHOICE? whatís the wishy washy stuff.....INSIDE in the a/c, which Iím sure didnít just come on for free, you owe that to yourself. Unequivocally, indoobobbly, for damn sure. CHILL OUT DUDE! like you owe it to yourself, man....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  12:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good late morning crew no rain just hot. Lucy and the girls finished up the English hummering bird garden just off the deck so Iím setting here with my Puck and looking over my NMRAmag. LIFE IS GOOD GOING down and do some wiring soon . See you later. Tom

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  1:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from S.E. Michigan where we once again have sunny skies. Temps will reach the mid-80's today with 50% humidity. Quite nice reading out on the porch.

James and Dave, I called my brother yesterday around 6pm and he had just docked his boat at the Hatter's Point Marina on the Merrimack River in Amesbury, MA. They had been fishing, but thunder storms rolled in and chased them back to shore.

I did a little modeling yesterday and will do some more this afternoon.

Have a great day!

Bruce

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  3:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from the place in Wisconsin. Decided today was a good day for a 2 hour drive home. Took 2 and 3/4 hours do to pay White Castle stop, gas and finally a bathroom break. The last 25 miles were at about 10 mph due to torrential rain. Always scary when you are doing 70 and all the taillights come on at once. But we are here now listening to a good heavy rain. Went from 91f degrees to 77 in maybe 15 minutes.

TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 06/29/2020 :  4:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

quote:
Originally posted by George D

Good morning, James and crew. I'm in a good mood - our house is cooling down. We're going to be in the upper 80's and humid , so the a/c is needed.
I need to decide if I want to do some outdoor chores this afternoon or find some indoor activities. Anyone want to guess what my choice is?

Have a good day.

CHOICE? whatís the wishy washy stuff.....INSIDE in the a/c, which Iím sure didnít just come on for free, you owe that to yourself. Unequivocally, indoobobbly, for damn sure. CHILL OUT DUDE! like you owe it to yourself, man....

Hey Karl, I ended up going for a bike ride. I hadn't ridden in a couple days, so I thought I should. I went through a full water bottle, but I felt good and had an air conditioned house to come back to.

Yes, the repair was expensive.

George

Previous Topic: Tuesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.55 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000