Railroad Line Forums - Help a widow with husband's trains
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 121 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Help a widow with husband's trains
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: A small distraction - Estrella Copper Co.  

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  2:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to help a widow dispose of her husband's model railroad things and I realize those words usually are followed by a shake of the head and "good luck", but any suggestions, names, ideas at this point are more than welcome. He died unexpectedly almost a year ago and she has run into a dead end among his friends and acquaintances who never followed through on helping her.

I knew him from our local library, where for several years he built and displayed a small Christmas season O27 Lionel layout. I helped him with it as I could. He also had his own On30 at home. This is way beyond my experience. I have a tiny HO layout.

I told her if she were to sell it to expect pennies against what he paid. She isn't looking to make money, just would like it to go to places it would be used. We are still setting up his last small display layout at the library in December, but the rest of it at his home can go.

Does anyone know anyone(s) who might be interested? I have not a clue where to look and am reaching out to a couple clubs and places I have gotten things for my own layout for any ideas to give her. She would like to simply have it all go at once if possible. I have said I would try to help her, but like others am floundering around.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 06/14/2020 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, I will message you. Depending on where she lives I know a few people who can help out.

Previous Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop Topic Next Topic: A small distraction - Estrella Copper Co.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000