Railroad Line Forums - Walther's DCC turntables
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 157 ]  [ Newest Member: RLJones ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 DCC, Computers and Electronics for Model Railroads
 Walther's DCC turntables
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Simple DC transistor throttle Topic Next Topic: Infrared Block detection circuits  

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 05/21/2020 :  5:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering how many of you out there have one of the Walthers DCC turntables and your thoughts about them.

As you may recall from my thread, I purchased on a few years back and installed it in my layout. While it is a bear to program, it ran fine for the past 4 years, but then one night during an op session, without warning, it just stopped! Well, I tinkered and did all the things you are supposed to do, but nothing. The control panel lit up and acknowledged commands, but no response at the turntable bridge. I checked and cleaned all contacts, etc., but nothing.

I checked the internet to see if there was any information on this, but nothing. I even tried contacting Walthers in the hopes they could offer some help. After waiting for 4 weeks for a response, I finally got an email that said...

Greetings,

Sorry to hear about the issues with the turntable. The 933-2850 was the
second release of the turntables from Walthers. Walthers is currently on
the third release of turntables. Unfortunately we no longer have the
ability to repair the first and second generation of the turntables. The
parts are no longer available. I wish I had better news.

Thank You,

Keith S.
Product Support and Service
Wm. K. Walthers, Inc.
5601 W. Florist Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53218-1622

So that was it! Basically, oh well, sorry but we cant' help you. Great customer support! So fortunately for me, I was able to obtain an older Walther's DC version that would fit in the same hole and replaced the entire turntable.

Now I own a DCC turntable that is basically useless. I'm wondering if anyone else had a similar experience with theirs.
Mark

Previous Topic: Simple DC transistor throttle Topic Next Topic: Infrared Block detection circuits  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000