Railroad Line Forums - Family Farm
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 193 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Family Farm
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918
Page: of 14

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/18/2020 :  10:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry thanks for the compliment. No that's the raw wood color. I'm going to "hit & miss" with red paint on the doors, sand, and give it a coat or two of A&I to match the barn before gluing them directly onto the sides.

Thanks Rick. My plan is to detail the buildings on the back of the farm, then scenic the rest of the farm then detail like the back part. At least that's the plan.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/19/2020 :  12:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice progress!

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/19/2020 :  1:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Barn area is starting to take shape. The doors have been painted and given a coat of A&I. The top rail was just given the A&I treatment and the rollers are thin pieces of brown paper bags glued to the front of the doors, over the top of the rail then glued on the door backs which were glued to the side of the barn. The bolts on the rollers are just a fine permanent marker.

The area for the floor, and the garage floor, was given a coat of concrete grey paint which will have a coat of A&I added to make it look worn.

The hayloft detailing was next. I had some grass clippings, that have set for about 2 months, that were used inside the loft. Sprayed a light coat of adhesive then dropped some of the clippings on top of that which was pressed into the glue. Then a second coat was sprayed over the clippings and pushed down to get rid of the "puffy" look. Hopefully as the clippings set more, they will actually turn brown. Did leave some of the wooden floor exposed.

Next on the agenda will be to start putting the bands on the silo and the piping for the corn transfer at the top of the silo. Any comments/suggestions welcome.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/19/2020 :  1:15:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Philip.

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2020 :  01:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks great Larry. You've nailed that nice weathered paint, and of course a very traditional barn colour.
It's all coming together nicely.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2020 :  04:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, nice job on the door and top rail.
Would never of guessed the runners were paper.
Hay loft looks good too.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/20/2020 :  10:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/20/2020 :  11:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! A real farm picture. It looks more like the real thing with every post.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/20/2020 :  5:20:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Robert thank you for your nice comment.

Rick thank you for your kind words. The idea to use a brown paper bag actually came from this forum; can't remember who or where I saw it, I just filed it upstairs in the old filing cabinet.

Philip thank you.

Jerry thank you. If you think that it looks more like the real thing with each post then mission accomplished.

Page: of 14 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000