Railroad Line Forums - Family Farm
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 224 ]  [ Total: 224 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Family Farm
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918
Page: of 15

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  05:08:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great offer from Big Larry to give you a whole farm or animals.

Larry, I like the fence, and good to see some scenery progress. Trees can be hit & miss. But keep trying.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/27/2020 :  12:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob. The fence was fun to build and I was pleased to be able to make a working gate. The offer from Larry for the farm animals was fantastic! He's selling them for a friend. When I saw how many different animals and the quantity, along with the price, I couldn't pass it up. About the only other things that I'll need to buy are a few people.
Yes the trees are a little tricky but now I think that I'm on the right track. It looks more like what I saw in the video. When I get the latex rubber shipment, then I can progress and hopefully will be much more successful this time around.
Thanks for stopping by.

Edited by - Larryc on 08/27/2020 12:16:13 PM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  3:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been working on the pig/chicken barn the past couple of days:

The roof has been glued to the building and the gable ends of the roof fixed to hide the corrugated look. Also glued the barn to the diorama.

The pig pen was constructed using scale 4x4 posts and 1x6 boards; all were given a coat of A&I. Then everything was glued into place. The chicken fence was made using a strip from a netted bag and sprayed painted grey to hopefully looks like "chicken wire". The posts were cut from skewers and given a coat of A&I. The netting was glued to the posts which were in turn glued to the diorama. Not sure if I like the chicken wire look or not; that may change. Also a ramp was made and glued into place to give the chickens a way in and out of the coupe.

Found a stick in the yard and cut a bunch of scale 2 ft. pieces which were then glued together to form a pile of firewood which was placed beside the smoke house. Need to have the wood near by.
That's about it for now and thanks for stopping by. Any comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  3:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job Larry!! Better with each new post!

Where's the tree for shade?

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  3:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All these new additions look very good.
Keep it up Larry.

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/29/2020 :  5:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry thank you. I'm waiting on the latex rubber to arrive then I can finish the tree.

Rick thank you. The farm is starting to take shape a little at a time.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  11:51:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looking good! Always wanted to recreate my parents old farm.

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  3:14:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Philip thank you. Besides having some photos; my Dad, the last couple of years that he was alive, would go into stories about growing up on the Farm. Because the Farm was gone before I was born I thought that it would be nice to try to recreate how it may have been. It is great fun. Try it and see for yourself.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  10:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I actually did the corn crib as it was called. It had a small barn,smoke house,chicken house & some storage shed plus the house as I recall. Maybe one day!

Phil

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  3:29:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phil sounds like a plan!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  8:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larryc a nice build to honor the grandparents. I am a kid from Chicago and while I am used to “factory” dairy farms.I have never been to a family farm. But I am liking what I see and the helpful information from the viewers. Thanks for sharing.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  11:23:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom thank you for the compliment. A "factory" farm, now that's a new one to me. I've worked on a few farms and their pretty much the same with the livestock being priority #1. That's the money making part of the farm. Glad you like what your seeing and thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions about the farm, please feel free to ask.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  3:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking better all the time Larry.

Now if you could eliminate the wood paneling in the backdrop...

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  6:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carl. I've been thinking about the paneling showing; I may have to order a backdrop which would tie in with the farm. Although I may try and do something on my own for a backdrop so we'll have to see what I can come up with.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  6:32:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry, Check out Joey's backdrops. https://tracksidescenery.com/index.php?id_category=3&controller=category

Page: of 15 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 27 Topic Next Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops – Europe 1918  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000