Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 214 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  10:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,

Rick thanks the the coffee. Enjoy your day with your FBC.

Jerry looks like you must be counting battens instead of sheep come bedtime. Hang in there and you'll get them done. When the new parts come in I'll start a new thread in this forum and post a few pics. Thanks for breakfast...yummy.

Karl when shotgun season opens I tend to cringe. There are too many beginners in the woods with "buck fever"; not to mention the hazards when driving which you know only too well.

Tom enjoy Hawaii; it must be beautiful there and be safe.

Mike enjoy whatever the day brings your way. I showed the Mrs. the photo that you posted yesterday and she got a kick out of it.

Philip hope all's well with you and the Mrs.

A brisk 39 this morning with a high of 55 today. We're under a wind advisory for the day. Never had wind advisories when I was a kid; you just knew when you went outside. Not much else going on; maybe some bench time latter on.

Be safe, stay healthy, stay warm, and enjoy your day!!

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile
Good morning from the beautiful Island of Maui. I learned many moons ago do not try or even think about drinking with my brother. I think I forgot that yesterday. The son arrived late yesterday with his latest girl friend. I joined them having a couple drinks. This relative non drinker has quite the headache this morning and I had a full bottle of water before bed. No the morning bloody Virgin Mary is not helping this morning.

Real estate viewing is today but unless you are a golfer there is not a lot to do here. Surprising me with that little nugget. We shall see what the day brings. The daughter and her hubby will be here Tuesday, Terry and I brought the 2 grandkids already. My sister is still deciding if she is going to join us, the niece is working as a writer on a TV sitcom and is disliking it but the pay is crazy so she is a definite no. That’s it from the islands. Be safe, if you like football I hope your team gets to play a college or pro team from the state of Michigan, sorry Karl, but...

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  12:34:59 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

I showed the Mrs. the photo that you posted yesterday and she got a kick out of it.

Mine seems to have a low threshold for “humor “. You could see and hear it didn’t register at all....totally...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/15/2020 :  3:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Afternoon men!

Maui! must be nice Tom. Ate up with envy! best cure is to start drinking again ..lol

Big winds last nice, winter is here sort of. These weather folk are idiots, suppose to be heavy rains @ 3 am...didn't happen.

Jerry you need an air nailer for those battens?

Doing laundry today Rick..ugh...but just mine! ole gal is rarring to go now!

Have a great day!

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  04:56:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 52.

Mike, so? What did the day bring?

Karl, The 'Skins once again didn't show up in the first half and did too little too late in the second.
Congrats to your team in Mich.

Jerry, still don't know what Taylor Ham is.

Philip, congratulations!

Tom, a new sitcom or something we would know?
Also keep enjoying your trip.

Larry, not only no wind advisories but we also didn't name s!@# storms.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope your days goes well.

Tom, hope you have a terrific trip.

Philip, air nailer is hilarious.

Yesterday proved to be busy with honey do tasks. First, blew leaves off the patio and front entryway with new battery blower, finished hanging the barn door, smoked wings with Jamaican Jerk and Frank's sauces. Wife and Mom said they were too hot for them, so more for me. Spent a little time in shop and read the new issue of the Gazette.

Sister arrived from Colorado late last night. Weather there was really bad. It took her nine hours to drive from Denver to Silverthorne on Saturday. She'll take care of Mom while we are gone next week. Sis will fly fish and hunt rocks while she is here.

Cold this morning at 37F, brr. High 73F this afternoon.

Headed out to take Mom for annual physical blood test.

Have fun,
mike

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning!

Cold is the word. Fired the printer up yesterday and finished editing/redesigned dummy chart for my Digitrax DCC. Today is open but always things to work on. Something will break!

Have a great day!

Philip

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  08:44:38 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Guess I'll have to send you a package!

It's a colder than usual day here in South Jersey sunny/39. Later on 54.

Mike sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!

Back to doing battens and siding. I did the framework for the boiler outside the building.

Philip looking forward to your next project.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  10:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from the once great State of Michigan, life has been cancelled. has a whole new set of brass ones....

This guy just walked by the back window, headed for the woods:

The ads on this forum, not associated with management i realize, are unbelievable....below is a drawing of a person sitting on the john, reading their laptop?, with bright red panties around it’s ankles and headed Stop Wiping Your Butt this “DIY” upgrade is saving Americans thousands on Toilet Paper Clear Rear WTHell?

It seems two nearly dysfunctional teams got together yesterday and traded halves and the local clowns managed to grab the “W” at the very last second to stop a typical second half disposal of a 21 pt lead. A true display of mediocrity! From reasonably recent experience I can say Ford builds cars much like football teams.....(Ford owns the detroyette puddy-tats)

The Doll just had words again with the builders and shut off the phone. Sometimes he thinks he’s funny. So close to being finished and his gamesmanship is wearing thin. Maybe we’ll just charter a jet and fly off to some exotic place and hide.

The wind yesterday was something, a good deal of power outages but we were spared. We went to the daughter’s and spent the afternoon, good for all the girls....silliness abounds when the Doll and her crew get together, and it was needed. Daughter’s Motherin law is going on a week in the hospital with Covid and their dog is on the short time list with serious health issues. I did get to see the football game, first full game of “pro” ball of any kind I’ve watched in years, captivity does wonders.

Enough rambling, have a good one, all y’all..

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 11/16/2020 10:04:26 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  11:09:51 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,

A chilly start to the day @ 39 and a high of 45 with misty rain.

Rick thanks for the java. Hope your Friday goes well.

Mike reading your post makes me tired; your a very busy guy. Hope your Mom's physical and such goes well.

Philip hope the printing went well and yes things have a way of just popping up.

Jerry keep them battens going; you'll get there. I was looking at some old posts recently. Did you start your project before or are finishing it?

Karl sounds like your state is more stupid that mine; if that were even possible. Women do have a way of getting silly when they get together which not a bad thing. Love the cartoon; reminds me of my childhood " a long, long time ago".

Tom hope your enjoying the vacation; be well.

Went to get my oil changed this morning only to find out that a new set of tires are needed along with the back brakes needing to be done. Guess I'll have to sell a kidney after all. Not much else going on today.

Have a great day and be well!!

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  11:53:06 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Larryc

Good Morning,

Jerry keep them battens going; you'll get there. I was looking at some old posts recently. Did you start your project before or are finishing it?

Have a great day and be well!!

Yes I started it before it just turn out the way it was going.

So I started all over again this time I think I have it right,
I better because there isn't another one in the future after this one!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  12:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Karl, in a normal year because we still have a couple bedrooms open I would invite you to this exotic land of the 50th State.
Another time. Good times are coming, they are almost done with the house if the drywall is done. The really expensive part,
kitchen, floors, bathrooms are always not fun.

Rick, the niece is writing for a show on ABC that is to air in February. Signed a NDA which is enforced until the show airs and
then she can talk about it.

Larryc, I am well thank you. My brother has a gym setup that opens up to the Lanai, so the workouts are continuing. My brother’s
g/f is walking with Terry and me. We had to get permission to walk the cart paths on the golf course, there is no way I want to
walk the narrow roads around here.

Mike, where was your clinic yesterday at? I could find a zoom with your clinic name.

Jerry, battens! I am trying to figure how small an air nailer you will need!

Philip, what is a dummy chart?

It is early here 7:15 and the place is quiet. Golf per my brother today.

Tom

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/16/2020 :  12:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Dummy chart for Digitrax DCC. Just a reference for basic loco functions. They did a terrible job designing the face of the power pack.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  05:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of showers after 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 48.

Tom, hit them long and straight.

Larry, it's always something.
My windshield has developed a crack and it will have to be replaced.

Karl, can't say I've seen that ad here.
There's a See's candies ad on my screen.

Jerry, just looked outside and no package yet.

Mike, hope Mom's blood test went well and have fun with your sis.

Cardio Dr. this morning.
Some indoor chores after.
Have to stop by the glass shop to look at the aforementioned windshield.
Rest of the day is relax and stereo time.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/17/2020 :  07:57:49 AM  Show Profile
Clouds and a chilly breeze are the current and forecast for here today.

Up a bit early as I have an 11 am Doc appt.

We were at the store yesterday, stopped at a farm market North of us after driving through the lot at the big grocery store. That lot was as full as if it was cmbination of Black Friday and Christmas Eve. has new mandates that appear will kill a lot of businesses in the food business and apparently creating a buying panic with folks fearing shortages again.

I tinkered with the movie edit program, learning some things but not creating anything I'd share yet. Tomorrow is an eye doc appt. and I think I'll probably need new "eyes" as the monitor is getting fuzzy in the evening.

The Doll is going to make us chili today, I'm looking forward to that.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000