Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 2 | Guests: 235 ]  [ Total: 241 ]  [ Newest Member: wentzeljr ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  07:59:29 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a safe day at work.

Seeing I'm up early for me. I'll make some homemade waffles with butter and Vermont maple syrup. Sides of bacon & sausage.

Weather in South Jersey rainy/62 for the day!!

Worked on battens one wall is done. Then brushed and stained one side of 25 strips of 2x12.
Were getting there but slowly.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:22:00 AM  Show Profile
Hard frost 25--->50 is today's forecast, the early sun is said to be short lived.

Trip to the body shop yesterday led them to send amended estimate information to the insurance company. Was told it'll be at least 3 weeks.

No news, plans or any hoopla here today.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  08:49:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you have a good work week.

Jerry, breakfast sounds terrific. If you don't mind, I'll take both the bacon and sausage.
Happy batten sticking.

Three weeks is a long wait, Karl. Good luck with the repair.

84F today is today's forecast high.

PT and installation of sliding barn door between living area and hall.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  09:09:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning!

Thanks for the coffee and waffles!

Jerry, your the only one to get wood and complain about it!

Heading to the shop today hopefully. Tons of stuff to do!

Forgot to mention trying to pay my property tax on veterans day....didn't happen..

Have a good day!

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  10:00:17 AM  Show Profile
Morning Gents,

A brisk 45 degrees this morning with a high of 48; I guess Fall's back.

Rick thanks for the coffee and have a good day at work; be safe.

Jerry thanks for the breakfast. Considering the sheer size of your project a slow pace is probably warranted; don't want any redos.

Karl I hope that the body shop doesn't hold you up to long.

Mike hope PT goes well. Wow a sliding barn door; that's a favorite of the Mrs. I better not let her read this post or I'm in trouble.

Philip good luck in the shop. Don't feel bad I went to the mailbox yesterday forgetting that it was Vet's Day. BTW thanks to all the Vets for their service to our Country!!

Tom I read your post, from a few days ago, about using a light weight railroad base approach. I would encourage you to try, if only a small section. I have used a combination of half inch pink foam and 1x3's for most of my builds and it has worked out very well. The foam takes the paint and glue very well and makes attaching to a wall much easier. My Farm diorama is pink foam with a wood frame. Just make sure you support the foam from underneath with some extra bracing and you're all set. Hope this helps.

Not too much going on today and hopefully some bench time at some point.

Be safe and have a great day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  12:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Larryc., you note basically what my framework is now. I am looking when we return at the HD 1x4x 12’ polystyrene pieces they have.

Nice day here, enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/12/2020 :  2:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Tom I wasn't sure what you were using but that sounds like it will be pretty lite. Good luck.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  04:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of rain, mainly before 2pm. Patchy fog before 2pm. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 55.

Larry, hope you had time to work on your farm diorama.

Philip, glad the wife is doing better and be safe in the shop.

Mike, door done?

Karl, 3 weeks does seem long but I'm sure they gave you a loaner.

Jerry, with a rainy day today you should have more time for your wood.

Good morning Tom.

Finally got rid of my flip phone and got a smart phone yesterday.
Was frustrating to keep my old number and change carriers but finally got it done.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
So you took the plunge for a new modern phone.

Be careful out there today its the 13th!!!

Soggy day here in South Jersey 47 right now.

I'll check on the farm in a minute Larry.

Philip glad your wife is making progressive.

Mike be careful out in the shop.

Work continues on the Mill. Pictures next week I hope.

Grocery shipping this morning with the little lady.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Stay safe out there with the crazies. Congrats on the new phone purchase.

High today forecast for 69F, cold front blew through last night.

Today I hope to work on wife's door and finish clinic I will present at the Cowcatcher Division One Zoom meeting tomorrow morning. Bizzy day!

Have fun and stay safe, oh, by the way, don't worry about Friday the 13th, it is 2020...

mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  08:41:13 AM  Show Profile
It's been raining here, 39 soaring to 41 is the forecast.

Had a big 10-12 point buck saunter across the back yesterday, followed by a doe and then 10 minutes later 3 others. Hunting season is on for bow hunters and gun season starts Sunday. No, I don't hunt. Tell folks I was paid to hunt for over 25 years, bad guys, no desire to get out in November weather, besides I already got mine Sunday.

The truck has been ok to drive, so I'm not stressing about the wait, they will probably have it a week once they can get it in. I was told DO NOT open the hood, sort of mangled and might not be able to close it if I did. Was just serviced 2-3 days before the crunch and not showing any temp or fluid warnings. Not much of any where to go, so I'll be fine.

Time to get something to eat, oat goo, probably.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  09:31:16 AM  Show Profile
Good very early 3:30am morning where we are at. Beautiful weather 75 going to 87 with the trade winds It doesn’t feel that warm. Reads like everyone and everything is doing fine except Karl’s truck. Good prices are available on new ones I read.

I will check in occasionally but not being online as much the last few weeks has become liberating. My brother promised Terry he would not set anyone off with any political talk or have a certain TV news network on all day. Have a great day.. Tom

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  10:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning... Friday the 13th what could possibly go wrong

Another day on mother earth with my modeling mortals! Hang in there men!

Yesterday another uneventful day with PT and drive through the countryside.

Have a good one!

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  11:21:11 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning,

Hard frost here in Central NY with a low of 30 and a high of 50. Yup Fall is definitely here!

Rick thanks for the java. Yup I had a flip phone years ago; nice you moved into the 21 century. BTW I did a chance to do some farm work yesterday.

Jerry looking forward to some pics of the mill. Stay warm and dry.

Mike sounds like you're going to be busy alright. Friday the 13th, 2020; double whammy?

Karl that certainly is a good sized deer. Anyone who served as a police officer has my upmost respect. Would not want that job now days. Did you get to keep your deer?

Tom enjoy your nice weather while you can. I agree that it's best to stay away from politics at family gatherings. How's the railroad coming along?

Philip hope the PT is helping Gina get back to normal quicker. A drive through the countryside is always relaxing and helps to destress.

Out early this morning with taking the trash to the transfer station and get a few grocery odds and ends. Maybe some more farm time latter.

Been thinking about my next On30 build so does anyone know where I can order vertical boilers, engines for it, and shop machinery? Any ideas would be helpful. The sites that I've gone to have proven to be a dead end.

Have a great day and be safe & healthy.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/13/2020 :  1:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Larry asked, “Karl that certainly is a good sized deer. Anyone who served as a police officer has my upmost respect. Would not want that job now days. Did you get to keep your deer?”

I could have taken the animal but anything hit at that speed certainly would have be mince-meat internally.

Started trying to put together a short video clip today but my Priemiere Element still has the wide CREATED IN A TRIAL VERSION... all across the screen. So, i removed it from the computer and have the download in progress to try it fresh. PITA. Cold windy and grey so inside is the place to be anyway.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000