Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 219 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  07:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain, rain, more rain and then still more rain.

Larry, didn't know meat prices were down.
Good news.

Karl, Next Friday for the cath.
Cool pic and congrats on the engine.
Brakie's still around?

Thanks Mike.

Jerry, good to know the ultrasound was clean.
Hope the doc has an answer for you.

Tom, I've been trying to not think about it.
Forgot to tell you I saw your pic on the shelf layout group.

With the weather today it's an indoor day for sure.
Visit Mom at rehab tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  08:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Cool photo Karl.

It's 45F now, headed for 59F. It's drizzled for a few days, but think that it is going to hold off today.

Taking Rose and Sweetie to the vet for spa day. Rose will get inconstancy meds I hope. She is having a real hard time getting around. She still eats and pees though. Sweetie gets follow up shots. Nail trim and bath in the mix.

Hip PT after dropping the dogs off, then hoping for some shop time.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  08:58:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Crew, thanks Rick for getting us moving.

Rick, most of the pictures I have been posting on FB are prior to the take down or pictures of new rolling stock, ( I am on a buying spree) I am taking on the only module I have left. Everything else I took apart. I have been working on a plan. Meanwhile I am buying, changing everything to steel wheels by Exact Rail and running the slot card track.

Mike, sounds like the pets are real family to you. Hope the PT on the hip is ok.

Karl, those were very well done pictures, Air Force One is definitely a sight to be seen.

Thanks
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  09:09:01 AM  Show Profile
Cool and cloudy today in MI. No big plans and not much to report from here, sort of a mid week yawn.

Rick, Brakie is still posting under a different pseudonym on the Atlas Rescue Forum, a recycle of the rivit counter and can't please Ready to Run crowd of the old AtlasRR forum. I still drop by there briefly, usually as an observer. Sometimes to poke at some bloviating silliness that rares up at times.

Over 10 inches of snow in Marquette on the N shore of the UP this morning. Luckily our area on the South Shore is known locally as the Banana Belt. There has been a little snow there but not much. Work continues at a steady rate on the place, apparently the drywall/paint contractor is on site this week and there is blown in insulation going in the attic area. The furnace is in as well.

No big plans yet today, sort of muddled thru yesterday.

Everyone have a good day. Thnx all for remarks on my pics.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  10:13:30 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey rain/55. An that's the best its going to be!

Mike have fun at PT.

Karl nice pictures yesterday.

Work continues on the windows for the Mill.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/29/2020 :  10:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. The prices seem to have come down somewhat, at least in this area and it also depends on what you buy. Beef is still a little pricey but chicken and pork aren't bad price wise.

Mike your pets sound like they are little spoiled. Good luck with the PT and careful in the shop.

Tom sounds like your moving right along on your module. The steel wheels should make your rolling stock track so much better and more realistic. Wow I haven't run slot cars since I was a kid, sounds like fun.

Karl sounds like the new place is moving right along. 10 inches of snow...yikes; but feel free to keep it.

Jerry enjoy your time working on the mill.

Philip hope all is well with you.

Low 40's this morning with a high of 59 today here in Central NY and hopefully not much rain. Dinner out was nice yesterday with no dishes to do..yipee. Not much going on today maybe some bench time latter on.

Have a great day. Stay safe and healthy.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  06:20:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Still raining.

Didn't get to see Mom yesterday.
They had a couple of positive tests and shut the place down.
I will see her this morning when I have to take her to the Dr.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  06:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Nice that you get to see your Mom today. Scary about the positive tests...

It's 38F headed to 66F with a sunny day. I think my wife is going to plant a few things outside, so I am sure honey do's are in the day.

Hope to get to the shop today.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  07:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Rick, Mike and the rest of the inbound group. It is 25 feeling like 20 with a high of 40f degrees today in my little section of Wisconsin.

Rick, good you still can take mom to the doctor. Around here the facility would lock down and no in or out visits by anyone.

Mike, planting outside the day before Halloween isnít a thing in Wisconsin. But it would be nice.

Day2 of decompressing from the internet. I have restricted myself to using the internet, social media or TV to 6am to 10am
till 11/10/2020. It wasnít too bad till around 8 last night, but I survived. The cell phone is on but I donít go online on that any
way, so I doubt I will cheat with that. I did take the news app and FB off the cell phone to avoid those annoying messages
on the screen.

Have a great day.
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  09:12:07 AM  Show Profile
36 and no sun again here in lower Michigan. Restless night's sleep has me here late. The Doll went back to Face-crud again for awhile yesterday until she got all wired up yet again. Hands that off to me... the last thing I want to hear. here is flexing her lockup just in time to stir the pot.

I did tinker with the video edit test program, got the hang of extreme basic use, tossed together some photos, have very few video clips, and made a 2 minute slideshow. The program leave a dark stripe across the screen so is about worthless but I think I'll get the padlock off soon and work with it.

Im off later today to the Toyota shop in Battle Creek for a set of tires and an alignment. Wait on wiper blades until another time.

No planting here, either,save for winter wheat in the fields. Harvesting has been productive around here, lots of bare fields and big hopper trucks on the roads. One went by here about once an hour Wednesday and had the Jake Brake just blowing the baffles out of the bark pipe...annoying, think it gives the big Pete drivers a twinge in their laps...

Everyone have a fine day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  11:32:45 AM  Show Profile
A chilly 36 this morning here in Central NY with a high of 41. Leaves are still falling somewhat but going to give it a couple of weeks and hopefully only have to grind them up one last time.

Rick thanks for the joe this morning. Nice that you get to see your Mom; that will help to keep her spirits up.

Mike you guys are even getting chilly; does it get real cold there. Yes "honey do's" have a way of popping up every so often.

Tom not spending tons of time on the internet is not a bad thing. I absolutely hate social media therefore I avoid all the lies and crap at all costs. Smart move taking it off your phone also.

Karl enjoy your time learning the video program; some of stuff you can do with it is pretty cool. A bit of a learning curve perhaps; but it will be worth it.

Jerry and Philip hope things are well with you.

Went with the trash this morning only to see most people wearing masks outdoors and I just shook my head. Maybe some bench time latter. Not much else going on.

Stay safe, healthy, and warm. Have a great day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/30/2020 :  1:52:31 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening.
I'll put on another pot of coffee!

Glad you got to see your Mom this morning.
Scary about the lockdown though.

I had errands to run this morning one was to get some canopy glue. The other was for supper tonight.

Hope all you guys are staying safe and healthy.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2020 :  06:31:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Areas of frost before 10am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 47.

Taking Mom to the Dr. went smoothly.

Getting colder here and had to turn the heater on yesterday.

Start of another work week.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/31/2020 :  08:51:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Glad your Mom's doctor visit went well. Happy Monday!

Larry, it can get cold here for a day or two. I've seen it dip to the 20's before, but our average high over the winter months is in the mid 60's. Lows in 40's.

Mom's birthday went well. We celebrated with coconut shrimp, her favorite.

I made it to the shop yesterday, finished one door and almost finished the other door. I need to purchase more wood to construct the door frame. Here is a photo of the door in place without hardware or frame.

A friend and I are going to design the Frisco 8th street yard for the Texas Western this afternoon. Should be fun.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/31/2020 :  08:58:00 AM  Show Profile
The sun come out this morning, the frost is heavily coating everything, the temp going to 50 later with forecast high winds today and tomorrow and lake effect and wintry mix tomorrow.

Heading out yesterday to go to the dealership for my tires I watched this magnificent visitor just as he flew off with some lunch...

Once t Battle Creek, a bit early for my appointment I drifted to the area of the Canadian National GTW railyard and did a little train spotting.

All went well with the tire installation and alignment and oil change.

Not sure on plans yet for today. Everyone have a good day. Some football on for some, I suppose.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.69 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000