Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 243 ]  [ Total: 249 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  08:08:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's a cold and wet 44F this morning, headed to 64F this afternoon. Brrr.

Daughter arrived safely. We are headed to her favorite local BBQ place for lunch.

My sister is packing up and getting ready to head home to Colorado. She needs to get there before Sunday when a big winter storm hits. It has been a nice visit.

Happy Saturday,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  08:42:28 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Have a safe day out there!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/61. Later different clouds/73.

Mike sounds like your having a good time with the family visits.

Karl all you need now is the snow! UGH!!!

Doors are done for the one side of the mill. I need to do some windows next.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  08:45:38 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday's 70 fell off the table with a huge thud yesterday after a strong thunderstorm passed thru erasing my attempts at mowing, I managed to do the front and 1/3 of the back before finally being chased inside by the rain that was on and off for a few mowing tries. 32 degrees, with some sun this morning has really changed things. I do feel the arms and shoulders I used in the snow blower work. I found out I was fighting myself a bit in sequence of assembly and was able to get the recalcitrant bracket attached ok, something I'd remember, I hope, for next year.

I did little more yesterday. With the sun it's going to be a nice looking day. Going to have a grand daughter and daughter in law here sometime today. The Doll enjoys them. As do I.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good morning! I stole the booze and drunk now!
Don't leave booze out.

Otis

Hope you guys had a great week! Cheers to ya!

P

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  10:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Morning,

Rick thanks for the joe. Glad that you like the silo and have a great day at work.

Mike enjoy the time with your family and lunch. Snowstorm?...yuk! Hope your sister arrives home safely.

Jerry sounds your moving right along on the mill; that's a nice project.

Karl sounds like you're all set for the "white stuff". That will be my next project soon; getting out the snowblower and service it and let it run for a bit now before I need it.

Tom and Philip hope all's well with you.

We made it to 81 deg. yesterday, here in Central NY, breaking the record set back in 1991 of 77. At 1am it was 68 out and by 9am it dropped to 48. Not going to get out of the 50's all next week. Managed to get the leaves done yesterday and actually broke a sweat! Of course this morning you would never know that it had been done.
Not much going on today, hope to finish the silo and maybe touch up the barn area; but we'll see what happens.

Stay safe and healthy; have a great day!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  08:42:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of showers before 2pm, then rain, mainly after 2pm. High near 54.

Larry, keep up the good fight with those leaves.

Good morning Philip.

Karl, hope you're less sore today.

Jerry, nice job on the mill progress.

Mike, how was the BBQ?

Tom, how are you?

Used another vacation day today.
Already did a bike ride.
Rest of the day will be cigar smoking bourbon and beer drinking, cheeseburger grilling and football watching kind of day.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  09:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Cloudy and cold today, forecast does have some sun in it. Not sure of plans yet.

Yes, less sore today. I'm not going to beg for snow for some time. If I don't need the machine, all the better. There has been measurable snow NW of our UP place but usually our area gets less than the area leeward of Lake Superior that has grand amounts of Lake Effect snow.

The girls had a nice visit yesterday and I sat down to watch the Michigan State Spartans, gave that up quickly. 5 lost fumbles and 2 interceptions doomed them. Local "reporter" said it well, luckily there were no fans in the seats as the boos would have begun early and often. There were a few hundred cardboard cutouts that couldn't leave...sad display and a timeless quote from the new $8 million dollar coach...."We have work to do..." I've all but written MSU off anyway, the U has adopted the "woke" erase history, deny the past way so prevalent in schools this year.

NO football here, maybe a cheeseburger and beer would be acceptable.

Everyone have a god day, safe and dry.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  09:49:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from crispy wind chilling Wisconsin. Rick thanks for moving the day forward, I am fine.
Put my IPadPro away for a couple days and huddled in the train room. Just really would like to get
away from the world. I never used to be a worrier but...

Health wise, I am getting stronger, but itís a really slow slow process. The shoulder pain is 99% gone
except when I think about it. I hope everyone is on the mend and enjoying life.

TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  10:07:56 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,

Rick the coffee was great, thanks. I'll keep after the leaves until snow flies then that's it for me. My daughter's boyfriend has 3 big TVs in the living room so he can watch a game on each one at the same time; I've seen the setup it's quite something.

Karl the whole sports scene I think is not going to be what it used to be; I guess that's why I don't bother except for the NCAA tournament which probably be a little sad this year.

Tom glad to hear that your getting better even if it's a slow process; so hang in there. I don't watch or read any news if I can help it; don't need all of the negativity. Maybe local news just long enough to catch the weather then that's it.

Jerry, Mike, and Philip hope all is well with you.

Hard frost last night and going into the 50's today and it's sunny. Not much going on today perhaps some bench time latter.

Stay safe, healthy, and have a wonderful day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  10:41:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. You game plan for the day sounds perfect.

Jerry, have fun installing the windows.

Karl, I have that same problem, remembering how to assemble something a year later.

Philip, oh the hangover though...

Larry, I love those warm fall days, when they appear.

Tom, huddling in the train room sounds like a perfect few days.

We are having a terrific visit with family. My sister made it home with no problems.

BBQ was delicious. We had raclette last night. It was a fun meal. Today I am smoking a prime rib and grilling tuna steaks. Celebrating my daughter's visit.

Weather is bright in the 70's but windy.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  12:28:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Good afternoon, actually my limit is one drink. Seems to increase the vertigo. Finished all the lesson plans for drawing 3d. Kinda hunkered down to make that happen after seeing admission to the local university.

Good day!

Philip

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/25/2020 :  1:51:15 PM  Show Profile
Philip, I wonder with the vertigo I have if a shot or two might just realign the stars and even it all out.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  05:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Areas of drizzle with a chance of rain before 1pm, then a chance of rain after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 63.

Philip, two is my usual limit.

Mike, keep enjoying your daughters visit and the nice weather.

Larry, don't think I could handle 3 screens at a time but I do flash back and forth between two games during commercials.

Tom, getting away once in a while is good and saw your layout pic on Facebook.

Karl, I don't beg for s!@# either.

Jerry was too busy working on the mill yesterday.

Great day off yesterday.
I'm a Jets/Redskins fan for a long time and have had little to cheer about, but yesterday was a good day.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  07:37:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Fried chicken and waffles with Irish butter and maple syrup are on the counter. Enjoy!

Not sure what the Cowboys had been drinking, but it enabled the Redskins to kick their butts yesterday. Whoa is me.

It's in the 40F's this morning, headed to 51F. Rain. Fall is truly here.

Daughter is leaving today. We had a fun time last night, eating and playing games.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  08:56:45 AM  Show Profile
Grey and cool today as I face the arrival of Monday. The Doll is up and out early, gone to get blood draw for an upcoming physical. Her shingles, while not gone, have relented and she's feeling better.

After a trip to the store yesterday looking at doors and flooring we took a little ride in the countryside and then once back home I finished the mowing and put up the zero turn hopefully near the end of the season.

The Doll made a fine meatloaf yesterday with groundbeef and sausage and a conglomeration of seasoning. It was good. Meatloaf is one thing I enjoy, at home, but never eat at a restaurant. Maybe it's too 'pedestrian' for me to spend a restaurant trip on.

60% precip chances today. Currently none is occurring. Saw a report on the local weather guru's blog of a temp of -26 in Montana the last day or so, record lowest ever in continental US. Appanrently by -16 degrees. brr....

No big plans here, everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.02 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000