Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 188 ]  [ Newest Member: MOONVLL ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Glad your Mom is on the mend. Good luck with the nuke test.

It's a bright day on the Brazos. Forecast for 88F. Cooler weather is coming with a drop to the 60's and 70's. I remember Halloween was always cold when I went trick or treating as a kid.

Taking Mom to vote, today. The registrar messed up her registration and put her in the wrong county. I hope it works out or she will be upset.

Went down to the shop yesterday and cleaned up the remains of my accident. Did some wood calculations to finish my project. Installed the ill fated blade guard on the Shopsmith.

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  09:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Steady rain and some imbedded thunder storms and the acoustic rumbling and arcing from that. Dreary for sure. Temp in 40s may get to 60 later but keep raining for awhile.

Worked on John Deere yesterday, the “easy attach“ brackets for the snow blower are a bit too heavy for my old bones. I managed to get the mower deck parts, also super heavy duty, off ok. Then caught an earful from the Doll about just hiring someone to clean the driveway.

Funny yesterday, she was cleaning the ceiling fan in the bathroom and being a little short at one end had me use the 2 step ladder to reach up and clear dust out from the housing. Low and behold one big chunk of dust turned out to be the near mummified remains of a mouse. Sure lit her off!!!! Lol, lightest moment of the day.

Hope y’all have a good day, Be well, don’t play with sharp stuff.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  10:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Wisconsin, it is wet and will continue to early morning tomorrow. Possibly is 2-5” of total rain since dinner last night till tomorrow.

Rick, glad mom is better. In our part of Wisconsin there are no hospital visitations once the patients are in. Glad you were able to visit.

Jerry, hope those lab tests are good.

Larryc, I actually am more sore this morning in the shoulder then I was yesterday. Hawaii would be more then for the holidays. My brother has a house there on Maui and has been pushing us to join him and buy some property but without stepping on the land and seeing his vision of a family compound it is on hold. There was a strict 2 week quarantine up until this week. We just need to figure out how to qualify to avoid the quarantine rules still in place. It is very confusing, Hawaii has reopened but only to those who qualify!

Lots of little train projects to finish up but not sure where I want to start. I gave the daughter one of the 1/29 scale pit structures we purchased for the slot track.since we can run 1/24 scale slot cars but normally run 1/32 that sizing is fine. She is going to recreate the structures on the laser cutter. We would like 10 pits and I purchased 2 as references. We just changed around her project room so things will flow better and this being a family project, it should happen very quickly.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  11:21:12 AM  Show Profile
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. It's a shame that you can't see your Mom in person for 2 weeks. Hopefully that will change soon.

Mike hopefully your Mom's voting work out. Careful with the Shopsmith; would't want a repeat.

Tom hope your shoulder feels better. Usually if I have a bunch of train projects I just pick one and go with it. The slot car project sounds like a nice family time.

Karl the only problem with someone else cleaning your driveway is will they do it your way. That must have been a sight when see realized what that dust ball actually was.

Jerry and Philip hope your day goes well.

Another rainy day here in Central NY; guess the leaves will have to wait until tomorrow. May try for some bench time latter on then dinner out tonight; I'm tired of cooking.

Stay well, safe, and have a great day.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/22/2020 :  12:00:41 PM  Show Profile
Karl, up in Central Wi. our gravel driveway snow cleaning was done by the same guy for 30 years and he retired. It took about 4 snow plowing attempts before I agreed with the new guys methods. Here in So. Central Wisconsin either I do it or the SIL with his crew do. They learned my way which is the way I like it. It maybe cheaper for the John Deere dealer to install your plow then someone cleaning your driveway.

The mouse dust moment I can picture that.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  07:31:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Patchy drizzle before 9am. Areas of dense fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a high near 73.

Tom, hope you're a lot less sore today.

Larry, hope you got some bench time in.

Karl, please be careful trying lift too heavy.

Mike, I'm worried there are going to be far too many election screw ups this year.

Stress test went well.
Gastro DR. appointment this PM.
I'm sure he's going to schedule a double ended probe.

Got to see Mom in the hospital before she was moved to the rehab.
Rehab visits are different than what we were told at the hospital.
You have to make an appointment and you can only schedule a total of two visits a week for all visitors and only two at a time can go.
We scheduled Monday and Thursday.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  09:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Interesting that you can only visit your Mom twice a week. How long will she be in rehab? Good news about stress test. Good luck with the double roto rooter.

Karl, I bet you didn't get a picture of the mouse event. It would have been frame worthy.

Tom, hope the shoulder improves.

Larry, Mom's trip to the polls worked well. The line was wrapped around the building, but moved quickly. Mom's a trooper! I don't know how she voted and don't care. I was very proud she wanted to vote. She voted smooth as silk.

Forecast is for 72F today, but it is howling with a nasty thunderstorm right now. I am grateful for the rain, though.

Rick, I am with you on the election screwups. It could be a bit dodgy.

Daughter and significant other visiting today. The are attending a funeral in Dallas on Monday. Sister is leaving tomorrow for Colorado. IT is going to be a busy weekend.

Have fun,
mike

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  09:33:14 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Well at least you get to see MOm that's good news.

Weather in South Jersey foggy then rain high today 70.

Karl he must have gotten electrocuted when the fan came on!!

Well the debates are over thank God. They still haven't said what there going to do for the people.
Just there recycled bullsh*t!!!

One of the grandsons is here for the weekend.

I hope whatever ails you is better by tomorrow!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  10:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning Guys,

Rick thanks for the java. Glad that you are going to be able to see your Mom even if it's only twice. Good luck on your test. I was able to get some bench time in yesterday and started working on the Silo.

Mike enjoy your busy weekend with family. I agree with you and Rick I think that this election is going to be laced with deceit and fraud.One for the record books for sure.

Jerry enjoy the time with your grandson. I didn't even watch the debates as I figured that it was going to be "a three ring circus"; and what I've read this morning looks like I was correct.

Karl, Tom, and Philip hope alls well.

Going to be a warm day with a high near 80. May be the last really warm day this year. The leaves are calling my name so I guess I know what I'm doing latter. They're quite thick on the lawn and need to be done.

Stay safe/healthy and enjoy your day.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  2:24:16 PM  Show Profile
That which doesn't kill me will make me stronger....REALLY feeling stronger today...LOL I did manage to get the expletives replenished enough to accomplish the hanging of the snow blower bracket and got the whole unit in place and working.

After that, I started mowing, the temp made it to 68 around noon, early bright sun was replaced by off and on sprinkles with pauses as I mowed. About 1/3 thru the back the rain picked up and I had to park it. Since then we've had a severe thunderstorm warning and a real gully washer that passed thru. It seems to have let up and the sky is brightening up out the West window. Temp is dropping slightly and then considerably tonight. MAY be able to get out back to finish mowing, but not sure. Got wet and chilled when it picked up on me, as I was a couple hundred yards from the shop/barn.

I do wish I'd snapped a shot of the "Dust Mousey" but it didn't happen.

Larry, saw the debate, a couple hours of my life I'd like back.

Drove over to my home town yesterday, the Doll has a passion for family cemetery plots and keeping them up, we cleaned off those for my paternal granparents and an aunt. On the way out of town we drove past my childhood home I'd sold a year ago September. I did a stuttering double take, what a stunning transformation has gone one. All new windows, siding, a large front porch with roof and railing and room to sit, blacktopped driveway and brick red siding and a new roof....stunning. Shared photos with my brother, who almost bought it but backed out with a health issue, he was stunned as were both of my sons. It's nice to see that it will have a good future. Hopefully there will be some joy that the place hadn't seen in years.

Well, the sun is back out! What a day. Back to mowing after a half an hour, or not.

Later all. Be well, be safe, be healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  6:46:26 PM  Show Profile
Evening

It's time for some refreshments.

Cold beer in the fridge with the white wine and sodas.

There's Eagle rare, McKenna bourbons out with the Four Roses whiskey.

Vodka, Gin and Scotch down the back of the bar.

If your around stop in have a drink and will talk anything except politics!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  7:58:04 PM  Show Profile
I'm having a raspberry and chocolate stout.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  9:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Good to see you here Rick.

Where did you find the Stout? Didn't know we had that one here...

Jerry

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/23/2020 :  10:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage
Karl-
I feel your pain on doing the implement swap on the tractor. I was doing the same thing on my Simplicity tractor. Bought a second used tractor and kept mower on one tractor and snow blower on the other. Lawn vacuum finally died and 1 bought a Husqvarna with a mower and lawn vac. Snow blower on the Simplicity was getting tired so this week I bought a second Husqvarna with a snow blower. Now I don't have to change units around. I kept one Simplicity to use with other -lighter- implements. Wife says three tractors in the family is her maximum.

Good thing she's never counted the engines on the layout. By the way, that is a good looking Deere in the picture.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Mark B.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/24/2020 :  07:33:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A slight chance of showers between noon and 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 72.

Mark, thanks for stopping in.

Jerry, it wasn't even on the shelf in the store.
There were some boxes stacked up in the aisle and did a little digging.

Karl, congrats on the snow blower.

Larry, silo looks great.

Mike enjoy your visit with your daughter.

Already did my bike ride.
Time to get ready to go back to work.

Have a great day everyone.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000