Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 191 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  08:56:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from very cloudy So. Central Wisconsin. 46 now but the high will only be 50. The winds are calm compared to the last 3 days at 12mph. The Romba robot vacuum cleaner after 3 weeks has been banished from the house to the hobby room per the wife. My vacuuming duties begin again on Friday, definitely a over rated toy in our opinions.

We went looking at outdoor play equipment for the grandkids last night. Sticker shock for me, Terry laughed. Maybe a scenic tour today but I see she has the baking stuff ready and she has been talking about chocolate and chopped chip cookies. She normally will make about 48 of each kind and distribute 12 to our freezer, 24 to the daughterís family and 12 to daughterís neighbor. Yesterday I made 12 loaves of sourdough and 21 loaves of French bread, the house smelled so great yesterday. Between the property employees, the management company and the daughterís neighbors I have no issue distributing the bread out. We are expecting another great day today.

The stair climbing continued yesterday and I cheated, only did the 20 times instead of the scheduled 30. I promise today I will do the 30 even though I am really really sore.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 10/15/2020 09:04:18 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  09:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, eggs, ham, and cheese on a hard roll sounds terrific this morning.

Tom, that is some tough PT. Coincidence, I made sourdough bread yesterday, too.

Philip, hang in there.

Taking Rose (dog) to vet this morning. She can't control her urinating, so hoping for some countenance medicine. The afflictions of old age are upon her.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  10:41:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and windy this morning. It a bit cooler as well but tolerable.

I worked on a new caboose I bought. Need to redo some of my work I saw as I looked at it this morning.

Sitting now in waiting room for a yearly recheck from my GI docs Physician Assistant so they can bill me and my insurance co for renewal of a couple of Rx. The office is in Charlotte only 13 miles vs 30+ to their office in East Lansing

I the the Lansing news paper must have seen my comments on downtown Lansing as this morningís lead story was on just that thing and how there are 20,000 people at a minimum that arenít currently working downtown. Probably quite a few more as thatís just state employees.

About time for trip into exam room. See yíall later.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  11:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom with all the bread being doled out.

Do you have enough wine for all of us to drink??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  12:22:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry hearing about the pup Mike.

Month is half gone! Downloaded fusion 360 last night because tinkercad was so limited. Now I'm lost. Grit my teeth and soldier on!

Coffeed up and ready for the day uh afternoon..

Was observing Gena & she is lifting her arm about half-way up with the therapist help. PROGRESS YES!

Have a great day!

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 10/15/2020 12:25:37 PM

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/15/2020 :  2:25:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

Month is half gone! Downloaded fusion 360 last night because tinkercad was so limited. Now I'm lost. Grit my teeth and soldier on!

Philip

Philip, there are lots of tutorials online for Fusin360, I lake a fellow named Lars Christianson, I think, he's quite good.

Start out with something simple, a box or something and then starting adding things.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  06:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain, mainly after 9am. High near 58.

Jerry, how's the mill?

Philip, good news about Gena and have fun with the new software.

Karl, hope all went well with the exam.

Mike, hope the vet was able to help Rose.

Tom, just consider the vacuuming as more PT.

Cardio Dr. first then grocery shopping and meal prep.
Visit with Mom and some chores around the house.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  09:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Visit to Doc assistant went well.

HARD frost here today, dropped to upper 20s.

Sun and cold today, have to run, the Doll has a Doc appt across the other side of the county in just over an hour.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  09:59:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central cold Wisconsin.

#1. Vacuuming is not PT, it is a chore.
#2. stair climbing is literally a PITA
#3. Megan the PT therapist and a friend of Terry is a sadist

I hurt all over. I feel pain from my toes to shoulders. Today is 40 reps and I will do it. With the high winds walking in the woods the hast few days would have been scary with a few branches breaking off. Walking is between the stables and those stairs and the house. I rest 5 minutes after the stairs are done and then walk. I know this is working and getting slowing stronger and I have lost 6 pounds since Sunday.

Thanks Rick for opening. Jerry see #1 and as for wine there are a couple bottles of muscotto available. Karl, it sounds like Dr week for you guys. Philip, good for Gena, recovery is tough. Mike best to your dog and good on the bread. Other then my 1 loaf all others have been given away. My daughter her 3 friends who are her close neighbors got the rest. It was a surprise to them as itís been a few months.

Enjoy the day
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  11:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy your day off.

Tom, I have always maintained that if we could peek in physical therapist's closets, we would find black leather outfits, whips and chains!

Karl, glad the doc visit went well.

Philip, good news about Gena's arm. I gave up on 3D software. I just don't have the time to invest... Good luck.

Jerry, FUNNY

The Vet gave Rose some antibiotics to go through first, then the incontinence meds.

Had the final orthopedic surgeon visit this morning. He is happy with the recovery. He repeated several times that I was so lucky. Just 1/32 of an inch more and tendon and nerves would have been severed.

49F this morning, headed to 73F this afternoon. A cold front blew threw yesterday. Warm weather forecast for tomorrow.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/16/2020 :  11:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks opening and the coffee.
I put on a fresh pot!

Weather in South Jersey rain with a RF/42.

God its looks like sick call here with everyone going to the Dr.'s.
I find out about my ultrasound next week.

The Mill is coming along started wall three, but I'm out of wood waiting for it to get here!
meanwhile I will find something else to do maybe "JACKS"

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  06:27:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 60.

Jerry, did you get to the jacks?

Mike, glad you were that lucky.

Tom, congrats on the weight loss.

Karl, hope the wife's visit went well.

Tried to do a bike ride this morning but the heart rate and cadence monitors weren't cooperating.

Start of another work week.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  08:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all! Pretty sun thismorning here in Southern MI but in the UP?

Webcam shot from Houghton, MI on the Keweenaw Penninsula campus of the Michigan Tech University yesterday morning. This is lake effect. Neighbor in the Yoop reported 1/2" at our place yesterday morning was gone later in the day. Hammerin' Dan was putting the deck on, after taking down a coyote before work.

The Doll went to the Doc yesterday and found out her self diagnosis of the shingles was right on and early catch was commended by the Doc. She feels better just knowing what had her feeling off and caused an itchy patch on her side.

We made a trip over to GR yesterday as the day was nice, if cool, I picked up a bottle of UP yellow paint and some caboose roof red/brown OXIDE brown... paint.

No big plans past breakfast today, probably should check on getting the Deere ready for winter duties...

Good day all. Be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/17/2020 08:55:01 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  10:21:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin where the winds are gusting up to 45 mph and wind chill is 34f degrees.

Wisconsin is #1 in the nation but in a bad way. We lead the nation with daily new Covid cases and daily deaths. Not a good thing.

Large scale train riding begins tomorrow. We are having a socially distanced face covered barely within Wisconsin rules for gatherings at 10. Bread making
for sandwiches or dipping starts later.

Enjoy your day
TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/17/2020 :  11:23:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/50. Later 60!!

Karl hope the Doll got it in time. They can really be nasty!!

If you haven't everyone should get the shingles shot.

Rick lost the ball to my jack set! **** couldn't play. Worked on the mill instead!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000