Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 192 ]  [ Total: 192 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 86

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  07:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We arrived home safely. So glad we were headed South. At one point traffic N bound was backed up for several miles to pass thru a construction zone. Two knucklehead semi drivers, same company by their colors, were adding to it by rolling along side by side blocking anyone from passing. Saw zero traffic enforcement anywhere along the 350 miles home. Some times it's like every few miles. Sure can tell the allergy situation is much worse here at the home compound. Temp was nearly 80 when we arrived home, 40s when we started the day.

Saturday is off to an early start, nice to sleep in the real bed, but the air is full of something kicking the allergies in full. It is forecast to be nice today, time to uncorral the green goat(s) and graze on the lawn later. Book keeping and mail catchup, mostly toss out political crap. The Doll will only have the 11 year old today, it seems the 17yr old has been allowed to have a job and will be so engaged today.

Everyone have a good day, be well, be safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  10:10:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin. Another nice day but without the wonderful sun we had yesterday.Grandkids are coming at 3:30. We drove East and north yesterday and had a 53 mile detour which actually was the best part of the trip.

I have to straighten up I was just told the walkway between the house and the stables. The kids have been rolling blading there and some of the planter construction has left a mess. So I will head out to do that.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  11:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. I did enjoy some down time yesterday. Have an uneventful day at work.

Karl allergies must very annoying around this time of year. I usually take a whole plastic bag full of "junk mail" to be recycled every week. Unless it's something important, it goes in the bag.

Tom hopefully the gkids didn't make too big a mess for you to clean up. Next week we're taking some time and drive around and enjoy the fall colors.

Jerry, Mike, and Philip hope your doing well.

Going to be in the upper 70's today but thunderstorms latter on. Not a big fan of those especially when it gets really windy. Going to help the Mrs. with a project today while it's cloudy out.

Have a great day and be safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  12:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be careful out there among the English!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/70. Later P. sunny/76.

Philip not sure how many figures will be employed!!

Karl glad the trip home was without problems.

I hope the rest of you are all doing well and staying out of trouble!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  7:26:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Greetings folks,

Rick, thanks for the iced tea. Glad you finally got a ride in.

Sounds lie everyone is doing well on travels and arriving safely. Allergies are kicking up here, too. Weather has been nice at 92F and no wind. Looks like we will get no rain from the Delta. Sad so many are without power.

My sister is arriving today from Colorado. She is staying for a couple of weeks to visit Mom.

Hand continues to improve.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  06:46:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

A chance of rain, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.

Mike, hope your allergies aren't too bad and enjoy your sisters visit.

Jerry, the English never give me a problem, it's the American's.

Larry, hope the t-storms weren't so bad.

Tom, sounds like you had a nice little trip.

Karl, welcome home and sorry bout the allergies.

Good morning Philip.

I've got 12 days off I need to use before years end.
Used the first one today and I'll use the rest every Sunday for the rest of the year.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  08:46:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Have a nice day off!

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/61. Rain and 68 later on today.

Tom best way to take a trip just drive then head back home later in the day.

Work continues on the Mill building. Hopefully a picture early this week.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  08:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SUNday morning bright greetings from the palm of the mit. Much nicer looking than yesterday's cloudy dampness. I managed to get all the lawn mowed as my accomplishment for the day.

I tinkered with photos yesterday and here's one I took from the front window on the place in the UP out toward Lake Michigan.

Here is another from a couple miles down the road I took Thursday

And finally this, a bit South of our place as well:

The leaves have peaked and will surely be starting to let go and fall off. I was amazed here yesterday how many of the pines on my property have shed their "leaves" as well.

No big plans yet for today. It's been nice waking up in the real bed the last couple of mornings.

Good plan on the time off, Rick. My last 6 months at the Sheriff Dept I was able to take a day here and a day there and with the schedule as it was give myself 10 days off by only taking 3. Eased into retirement nicely.

Well, off to figure out a plan, or not, for the day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  09:54:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. I hope you enjoy your day off. I like your days off plan.

Tom, a man's work is never done.

Larry, hope you project went well.

Jerry, I am really enjoying your mill build chronical; such nice work.

Karl, glad you arrived safely and thanks for the terrific photos. It is beautiful up there.

Forecast for today is 98F. I think the weather breaks back to normal fall weather tomorrow.

Sister arrived safely with her two dogs. We now have four dogs chasing each other around the house. I'll be glad when they get accustomed to the doggy door and play outside.

Think I'll make a pot roast in the slow cooker today.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl thanks for the pictures.

What beautiful scenery no wonder you wanted to build up there!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/11/2020 :  11:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning. We are back from the Farmers disappointing Market. Just seems to be nothing there and very expensive. The food carts and the bakeries were IMO the ones doing a good business.
Terry purchased squash for making soup. I got some egg rolls.

It will be a train room day as Terry is baking and creating soups today. Now that the weather is really changing to more seasonal we will have soups just about every other day. I plan on being in the
train room. This is usually the week we start our trek to Austin to visit the son. It would take us 3 to 7 days to get there depending on how many interesting stops we find. But not going because of the
Pandemic. Have a great day

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Not sure were Rick is this am.

Coffee is ready with water for the tea lovers. Cold sodas in the fridge.
Will start off the day with scrambled eggs with sides of bacon, sausage and home fries. English muffins with butter and assorted jams & jellies!

Weather in South Jersey rainy 42.

I got one side of the building done pictures later.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  08:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jerry and inbound Crew. A breakfast I can handle this morning.

Karl, absolutely beautiful scenery.

Online Monday today for the grandkids, they are coming in now.

Have a great day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  09:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monday morning, a big turn to plain and dull outside today with rain forecast. It was another gorgeous day yesterday, we took a nice long ride and enjoyed it. We stopped by the Subway the Doll's grand daughter is working at and had a couple of sandwiches, and a hug.

Back at the ranch we did little as it was too nice, and lazy. I took my camera on the ride but was too lazy to take any more pictures.

Today, hmmm...haven't thought of it yet.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/12/2020 09:13:46 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2020 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Jerry, thanks for coffee and the terrific breakfast...tasted good. Now I need a long nap. Lovin' the mill. Persist!

Tom, hope you enjoy the kids!

Karl, what are you riding?

Forecast for today is 82F and sunny.

Sister has headed out to the park to pickup pecans, Mom is taking a nap, and Sharon is playing games on her computer. I just got home from a very early morning trip to Fort Worth for a car oil service and just got back. So...I think I'll take a nap, too.

Have fun,
mike

Page: of 86 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000