Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 241 ]  [ Total: 245 ]  [ Newest Member: Alex Italy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch
Page: of 100

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  07:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 65.

Tom, that's something I need to do in regards to a will.
I'm giving it all to The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Karl, When do you think you'll be able to move in?

Jerry, you're stained boards looked good I gave my opinion on what looked best.

Larry, good idea to be prepared for the cold.

Philip and Mike, I hope you're doing well.

Dr's appointment at 10.
Bike ride and some chores after.
Rest of my day is all mine.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  09:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a great day off.
I'm leaning toward that one with number 1 mixed in.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/58. Later on 67. A beautiful Fall morning.

Larry any idea when the house will be done?

Hope all the guys are feeling well this am!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  09:46:33 AM  Show Profile
Good mornin from Wisconsin, it’s going to be a nice weather day. Flu shots are scheduled for Terry at 2 and me at 2:10, I have to sit in the car till she comes outs.

Rick, happy day off. I’ll answer for Karl, when the contractor tells us. That’s what our contractor always told us whenever we asked on the last 2 places. It does sound that Karl is starting to get excited about the build or is it that he will be moving out of the moveable “box”. Glad he and the wife are happy.

Last week’s grocery pickup spilled over into the backseat of the car. Today Terry says tomorrow’s pickup will most likely do it again. Toilet paper is on a big sale for the 48 count packages, she ordered 4, the limit. She is stocking up for some items. Also, she has the dehydrators going full time this week on her herbs. Lots of spaghetti sauces have been produced this week in the kitchens of Terry. Soups are being started today.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  09:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Sun and cold this morning. Temp in 30s in the night. Found out the duration of a 25# propane tank, about 3:30 this morning...

The trip to Escanaba was nice. The road, US-2, passes a large rail yard at Gladstone, aka Happy Rock, just E of Escanaba the is an old SOO 4-6-2 Pacific under a shelter. Saw a couple of trains there. We picked out cabinets, appliances and paint colors. $$$ time.

Rick, it looks like several weeks before we could move in. By then the damn snow will be likely be here. Today the cement crew is supposed to be here to get a start at placing a pad in front of the walkout. Once that’s done they can start building the deck off the main floor. The drywall guy is going to be here soon, too. He’ll do the painting as well. Then floors, doors, trim and such. Lots yet to do. I’m ready to go home, tomorrow. TomO is right, this has been, and continues to be, a roller coaster ride. We just hit the peak this week in many ways and realize the big drop when the reality is it’s quite away off yet.

The Doll just yelled out, a coyote just ran by about 20’ away on the drive. I saw deer on the way back from town yesterday morning and we’ve seen lots of turkeys too.

I’ve a couple maintenance things to do on the bed box if it warms later and I should get a fill on the propane tank. Glad it has two. I’d be one cold sob

Oh good, Concrete Jake just got here. The Doll will be giddy, she’s pretty taken with him. Nice guy, etc. Too busy for his own good.

Have a good day all. Be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 10/08/2020 10:00:26 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  12:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Sounds like you have a full Saturday planned.

Karl, is the place you are building going to be your permanent home or is it a summer home?

Tom, I hadn't considered dehydrating herbs and spices. What a great idea. My convection oven has a dehydration setting.

Larry, PT is going well on the hand. The therapist used ultrasound on the scars today. She says it helps eliminate scar tissue. Hand is feeling well enough to head back to the wood shop.

Tom, good move on the wood. In my experience, big box stores have terrible lumber and it is expensive.

Jerry, I like your color choices. I guess it depends on the area you are modeling and how you have finished other structures. Excited to see the siding in place.

Forecast is for 89F. We are loving this fall weather.

No plans today. I may go down to the shop for a while. May take a nap. May work on Joe's dining structure. Decisions...

Have fun,
mike

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon,

Rick thanks for the soda. I'd rather have things set well before it gets cold out. Guess I'm just getting old; when the temps drop I'm inside as much as possible.

Jerry go luck on the staining. I'm sure it will look great when your done.

Tom sounds like I'm coming to your house; homemade sauces and soups..yummy. We've been stocking up on some paper products also, just to keep ahead of the curve.

Karl sounds like things are going "great guns" at your place. It'll be done before you know it.

Mike the ultrasound does help with scar tissue; my wife had it done after both of her hip replacement surgeries and her movement is fine because of the therapy. Whatever you do today enjoy; just be careful when your in the shop.

Nice Fall day cool and sunny. Going to have to take a ride next week and look at the Fall colors; we're almost at peak color. Went for a haircut this morning to a new lady. She's very nice and did a great job on my hair; that is what's left of it. Went to Wegmans after for a few groceries, they were very busy. Going to start grinding up some leaves latter with the mower.

Have a great day and be safe.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/08/2020 :  1:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Afternoon, strung out with bills, etc. Gena is twice weekly in PT and progressing nicely! Puttering along have to mow, trip to post office pay a few bills & other stuff.

Have a nice day.... car needs waxed....bla bla bla

Rumor are TP will be in short supply....

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  07:04:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Sunny, with a high near 68.

Philip, glad Gena's doing better.

Larry, you had a nice busy day.

Mike, glad the hand is well enough to go back into the shop.

Karl, I too think those weeks will go by fast and it's all done.

Tom, home made sauces and soups. Yummmm

Jerry, what's new?

I've been posting about doing bike rides, but truth be told I haven't been on the bike for almost two weeks now.
This colitis has me feeling less energetic and unmotivated.
But I think today will finally be the day I ride again.
Grocery shopping and meal prep later this AM.
Lunch with my brother and a visit with Mom after that.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  09:38:43 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Hope your feeling better. My Mom had that for years no fun at all.

Weather in South Jersey another beautiful day sunny/71.

Well I made up my mind and going with the one in the middle and it seems everyone liked that one best.
I figured if I keep worrying about the color I'll never get this done!!!

Philip glad the wife is improving.

Mike back in the shop just be careful.

Larry slow down save some of the energy for the farm!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  09:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Crew. Just so you know! If any of you come through Wisconsin after the Pandemic is considered over or a good vaccine is
available you will be welcomed to our house anytime. Terry is a very good cook, an excellent baker, as good a host as I am and most
importantly we enjoy people. Seriously you are welcome.

A good weather day in So. Central Wisconsin. Maybe 80’s but wind gusts of 30+.

We are looking at maybe another scenic drive to see the colors, especially if old SOL comes out to play.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  10:53:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Hope you enjoy a ride today.

I bet the scenic drives up north are beautiful. We are still green here, but I do see an occasional yellow leaf. The pecan trees are still green and heavy with nuts.

I will be careful in the shop, believe me. I mostly use hand tools like hand saws, planes and chisels. The table saw accident was not related to any project I have going. Crazy! I will give the table saw the stink eye when I go down to the shop.

Forecast for 83 today with a bit of haze.

Have fun,
mike

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  11:35:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Morning folks! Thanks for the coffee Rick. I'll ask my wife if they intend on ultrasound for her shoulder?

I haven't rode the bike in a couple seasons. I have a tandem 15 speeder just sitting in the garage. It's fast !

Mowing still on the agenda, 80% rain chance the entire week-end. Same here Larry mulching those leaves! I raked for year ughhhh!

Glad you shop worthy again Mike!

Jerry, How many figures on the stamp mill operation?

Tom, Thanks for the offer! Awesome!

Later! Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  1:02:20 PM  Show Profile
Afternoon All,

Rick thanks for the soda. My daughter's boyfriend has colitis so bad that he has to have infusions every so often. He's only mid 30's but it does slow him on occasion.

Jerry nice choice on the wood stain for the mill. I figure get stuff done now so when the weather turns cold I'll have plenty of time to work the farm.

Tom thanks for the invite; I've never been to "your neck of the woods". I have a feeling that your wife's cooking would be well the trip.

Mike the trees are really getting pretty here, but I'm not looking forward to seeing bare branches after that for 6 months. Yes give the saw the old stank-eye.

Philip glad to hear that Gina is doing well. Yes mulching up the leaves is so much easier and faster than raking. It takes me about 45 minutes to do a half acre.

Upper 60's today and sunny. Another busy morning with a trip to the Doctors and the leg is healing up nicely so no more Doc until next year. Trash day and it's done. Relaxing the rest of the day. Rain tomorrow all day; so I should have a chance to work on the farm.

Have a great day and be safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/09/2020 :  2:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Sunny and warmer than we’ve been all week. We’re 100 miles S of the bridge in beautiful fall colors. The Doll is driving and having a time with the stiff cross wind. The waves along the shore coming across the UP were splashing onto the road. We just passed a rest area on the North bound side Damn glad we’re going back home. Color is peaking and lots and lots of folks will be peeking. It’s going to be nuts.

Mike, the plan is not to be a winter place but the building code requires houses be built to 4 seasons specs and minimum square footage. Keeps their property values, taxes too, up. You have to have wiring, egress windows, full Hi- value insulation, etc. even if you’re not hooked up to the power. We may, bold letter may, stretch our summers a few weeks.

No big plans this weekend. The Doll has a “babysitting” gig tomorrow. Daughter has anniversary and 11 and 17 yr olds need to be “watched”, hardly but mom thinks so. 11yr old probably. Don’t know if he can feed himself or tie his shoes without help...17yr old high school senior hasn’t been allowed out since March save a visit to us or her aunt.

That’s about all from On the Michigan Road.

Be well all

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/10/2020 :  07:41:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 77.

Karl, hope you got home safely.

Larry, how was the relaxing?

Philip, it's time to get on that bike and ride.

Mike, Stink eye for the table saw.

Tom, when I retire I might just stop in.

Jerry, any staining get done.

Didn't get on the bike again yesterday.
Just couldn't find the time.
This morning I finally did a ride.

Back to work today.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: 2-6-2 Logging tanker Locomotive Topic Next Topic: ET&WNC Stoney Creek Branch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000