Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 190 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  11:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Hump day is a good thing; then you can start down the other side.
It's not that I'm looking hard for stuff to do; stuff keeps popping up.

Mike funerals are never fun, good luck. Keep the hand healing.

Jerry here's hoping that the building goes together easier than the first table did.

Tom sounds like you have a very talented family. So do the grandkids bring the teacher an apple?

Karl sounds like tons of fun watching the dirt being moved around; of course you really want to take the Tonkas out and play.

Philip hope your day is going well and the Mrs is also doing well.

Made an early trip to the grocery store this morning, since I have the bad habit of eating. Nothing planned, just taking it as it comes.

Have a great day and stay safe.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  1:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larryc

They bring the Apple and ask grandma to cut them up. I love honey crisp, Terri loves the Granny Smiths but neither one will eat green skinned apples They knew we only had green ones today, we are terrible grandparents. Lol...

Tom

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dragging butt today.

Rick, hope your feeling better! missed ur post!

Great idea Larry!

Glad they made it Jerry.

Painting slow & steady!

Philip

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  4:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greenhouse crew test negative for Covid, we are all breathing easier.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  05:08:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 72.

Karl, thanks for the dirt on the new place.

Tom, good news on the test results.

Jerry, how's the siding going?

Mike, what's going on today?

Larry, all to familiar with things to do popping up.

Philip, slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  07:53:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Forecast for 89F. Love this fall weather.

Headed to physical therapy on the hand this morning, then to lodge for the rest of the day. Biz meeting tonight. I want to go back to bed, too.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  08:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick as usual thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/38! Heading to a nice 71 later.
A beautiful Fall day again.

Nothing on the siding I got lazy after our trips to the park and then the beach.

Here's hoping everyone has a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  09:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and mild today. Mid 50s already. Winds of Hades blew all day yesterday. Quite the waves at times.

We were busy yesterday, went with Dan the builder as our Indian guide, the salmon run is on a nd he slowed us how he spears fish. He got 4 of the in about 10 minutes. He cleaned some up and I had fresh salmon last night for dinner. It was so good.

Things sort of rocky here this morning, the big Pete just brought a load of huge 5-8 foot blocks of limestone that the crew is building into a retaining wall. Work theyíve done is nice. Like a huge puzzle.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  09:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, a nice day coming to So. Central Wisconsin. Rick, thanks for moving us forward. Mike, good fun to to had at PT, not! Jerry, even at 71 isnít the beach a little too cool now?

The therapist will be here in about 45 minutes, labs from 11-12 when I get there, takes at the most 5 minutes. It feels like they really donít want to see patients. The small engine mechanic emailed he will deliver the repaired engines this afternoon and come back Thursday afternoon and Friday morning to install and test on the large scale locomotives. 1/2Ē plywood and MDF sheets were delivered yesterday to the HO train shop but these are mainly for the slot cars. The grandson cut some twine yesterday for me and put spots of glue on one end. We will be making bushes for the slot track and he is going to help this time. Between Terry and the 2 grandkids and the football games I didnít watch last night there are about 400 pieces of twine between 2 and 4Ē. The kids will be over after school on Wednesday to doing the unraveling portion of the twine. My SIL has a project that he claims is for the RR. He is installing a bridge over a stream that he wants to convert to a pond but the DNR doesnít seem in a hurry to approve it.

Have a safe day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/06/2020 :  10:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. I think that I'm busier now than when I was working.

Mike sounds like your going to be a busy guy today. Good luck with the PT. Persist.

Jerry I've had those days lately where you plan on doing something and it just doesn't happen.

Karl the retaining wall sounds like it's going to look really nice when finished. Hope you enjoyed the fish.

Tom Honey Crisp is a great eating apple. Glad to hear the tests came back negative. Sounds like your day is all planned out. Enjoy the slot car build with the grandkids.

Philip hope you have a little more "pep-in-your-step" today. I agree with Rick; slow and steady wins the race when it comes to painting.

A nice cool and sunny day here in Central NY. Not sure what's going on today.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  05:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Sunny, with a high near 77.

Hope everyone's health continues to improve.

TGIF

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  08:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick the coffee was great as usual; thanks. Have a great work day.

A little warmer this morning at 57 and a high in the mid 60's. It's cloudy and probably some rain at some point. The Tech's here cleaning my furnace, which gets done yearly, so even though it's a few years old it still works and looks new. Have to rebuild a window in the basement and get them ready for winter. Always something to do when you have a house.

Hope everyone is doing well and stay safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  08:58:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Have a good day at the yard!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/58. Later on 78!
A summer day almost.

I put the base coat on some wood last night. So today I will do the top coat and see if I like the color.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  09:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and clouds in da Yoop this morning. Temp in 40s going to 55. We did have a little rain in the night.

The dirt crew got things moved around nicely yesterday. There is a cement crew coming today or tomorrow. Things moving along well. Weíre going to head to check on cabinets over in Escanaba. Nice day for a road trip.

Lots of color here right now. Itís a spectacular time.

Everyone have a good day. Be well.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/07/2020 :  2:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon Crew from very windy but sunny Wisconsin. An interesting portion of this morning was spent with an attorney. We are trying to avoid any misunderstandings after Terry and I are gone. This was to be the 3rd and final meeting but still some adjustments to be done. We know what Terry experienced with 2 of her brothers and the sister, we knew what we wanted. The attorney knew better.

Other than that itís a nice day, I am on the deck. I cancelled my supply order from HD. The contractor was here and told us he will give us a better deal and better lumber. Have a great day.

TomO

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000