Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 182 ]  [ Total: 184 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  10:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from Wisconsin, the high today may hit 50f degrees. It will be not only cool but the wet fluids will be coming now on and off around the area. The rain will help all the plantings and thatís good.

Slot cars have been a fact of life with me since maybe 6th grade. 1/32 or 1/24 scale is what I have always raced and the tracks have been built to handle both sizes.
This one will be bigger then the normal builds and it will contain a pull out section that I can roll under the other section. This will be for the grand kids but built for the
adults who like to race. The previous layouts for the g/kís have been mostly scenic but this one will also have the pits fully done. It will not be the 2 week build but will
take awhile.

The Paper Mill is changing, it has been cleaned, the chip yard and the pulp yards stay the same. The north end of the Mill will change. 1st change is the depth of 24Ē
goes to 30Ē with the additional 6Ē being used for scenery and the ability to move a few buildings back a couple inches. No track further then 20Ē from the front.

The son took off at 6 or so this morning. We will pick him up along with the latest g/f-copilot. They are flying back Monday early. There are warm clothes for him and
her here as itís a lot cooler here then in Austin.

Have a great day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  10:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning,

Rick hope you have a good week at work. The other day we had to stop at a RR crossing while an Amtrak went flying by and thought of you hard at work. Thanks for the coffee.

Mike thanks for breakfast. I hear that chicken smoking can be habit forming.Thanks for breakfast.

Jerry some extra sleep feels good once in a while. Good luck on the second table.

Karl have a safe trip North.

Tom sounds like your "modeling mojo" has kicked into high gear. The plans for your Paper Mill sounds interesting. I also used to have a slot car track when I was a kid. Years ago there was a huge track in Syracuse,NY where you could go and compete against others. But like so many things, sadly it has gone.

Remaining cool today; not even going to hit 60. May mow latter after the grass has a chance to dry some. Next will be grinding up leaves until snow flies. Not much else on the agenda today.

Stay safe and have a great day.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/03/2020 :  11:17:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Be safe at work!

Mike thanks for the breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/61. Later 68.
Another nice Fall day.

We will have to be outside somewhere today maybe a trip up along the Delaware River.

Almost done with table two. Building siding is next.
But I still need to frame the tower for the mine.

Everyone have great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  06:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 68.

Karl, safe travels.

Mike, how was the chicken.

Jerry, did you take that trip up along the river?
If you did must of been nice with the leaves starting to turn.

Larry, I've got a bit more time here before I start grinding up leaves.

Tom, you're full of good modeling ideas.

Never made it to work yesterday.
Bad lower abs cramping and frequent trips to the throne.
Did a shot of Kaopectate and thought I'd be good to go to work.
Not really, and decided to go to the ER.
Good thing I did.
Turns out I had some internal bleeding which turned out to be from a case of colitis.
Gave me two prescriptions for antibiotics.
Feeling much better today and will be back at work.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  09:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Glad your feeling better this morning.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/36. Later 66.

It was a nice ride yesterday but the leaves have not even started to change yet!!

Not sure what's on the agenda today. Hopefully bench time later!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  09:23:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew.

Rick, take care of yourself. Leave getting sick to the rest of us who are used to be doctored regularly. Modeling ideas, hell I have
ideas for everything...

Jerry, be happy your trees arenít turning yet.

3 of Terryís greenhouse staff are former interns and are still students at the UW and were told yesterday they have been exposed.
They will be tested and results given today. Needless to say we are shaken.

I am sitting with the TV on as Terry watches the politics. This is reminding me of why I rarely watch this cluster f..k, almost nauseating.

Be safe
TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  09:24:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Yikes on ER trip. Glad the meds worked; "Better living through modern chemistry".

Jerry, how was the drive?

Larry, grinding leaves....ugh!

Tom, the paper mill sounds like a fun build. I have good memories from slot car track at local hobby shop (across street from where I worked). Silastic tires, rewound armatures, and anti-slip differentials were to quest of the day.

Karl, wishing you a safe and eventless trip.

The chicken was good. Will be enjoying it for a few days. Chicken and noodles, quesadillas, chicken pasta casserole...

Hand continues to heal.

80F forecast for the high today. Sun is shining brightly.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  10:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning guys!

A great Sunday!
Painting figures & recovery continues! I hear the bell ringing...you rang dear..lol

Philip

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  10:40:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
41 degrees and Rain in the top sector of the mitten. Got a bit dopey so switched drivers just N of I-75 merge. Seems like weíre suddenly going backwards and freezing as Nervous Nel wields the reins...Northward traffic is moderate. Southward appears to be considerable. IF we had sunlight the colors would be strong. But...,

Everyone have a good day. Be well

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/04/2020 :  10:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone,

Rick glad your feeling better; the ER visit was a smart choice. Hope the Meds work. Oh yes and thanks for the coffee.

Tom don't be too shaken; everything that my wife has researched on the test, and that's a lot, points to the fact that many of the tests are coming back false-positives. Not nearly as many cases as their saying...politics.

Mike your future chicken meals sounds like us with turkey after Thanksgiving. Yup the leaves are-a-falling.

Philip nice to hear that you are having some hobby time. Tip: take the ringer out of the bell.Lol.

Jerry hope you get in some bench time latter. Be glad that your leaves aren't turning yet; ours are almost at peak.

Karl hope you had a safe trip up and a safe trip back.

Chilly start to the morning with only a high of 64 today. Mowed with the tractor for the last time yesterday; now it's all walk behind mower time for the rest of the season; although it is self propelled so it's not too bad. The tractor does a terrible job grinding up the leaves. Haven't made it to the bench yet this week. Keep finding other stuff that needs doing. Hopefully today.

Have a great day and be safe.

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  05:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly sunny, with a high near 70.

Larry, stop looking so hard for other stuff to do.

Karl, hope you arrived safe.

Philip, how's the painting going?

Mike, sounds like a good line up of meals.

Tom, hope all test negative.

Jerry, that's odd, trees are starting to turn here a little.

Hump day for me.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  07:02:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Happy hump day.

Forecast 81F, sunny.

Have a Masonic funeral to perform this morning, otherwise, no plans for the day.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  09:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Be safe out among the english!
Yes it was strange with the leaves...

Weather in South Jersey sunny/51. Later 68!

Now that both tables are done I'll start on the siding in hopes of getting the building together.

Mike how's the hand doing?

Philip I got the package thanks.

Karl hope the drive up was a good one.

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  09:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from crispy Wisconsin but we are heading to 60. Thanks for getting us going Rick. Today is online school day for the grandkids and they should arrive any minute now. Ihave both cell phones set up to be used as hotspots if needed today. We have had connection issues and the internet company will be checking the fiber connections between 11 and 2.

Dropped the son and g/f at his plane this morning, 1st stop for them is Evansville, Indiana as she wants to see her mom who is a nurse there and havenít seen each other since Easter. She is another cutey, smart, fun and closer to Brianís age then normal for him. Heís 35 she is 32. She has had her pilot license since 18 and is happy to have access to the plane.

No Hawaii decision. Enjoy your day.
Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/05/2020 :  10:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The trip up was fine. The rain quit just before we hit the bridge. Sun and clouds the rest of the way to our camp. We set up, got the heater running as well as a camper will heat. The Doll had a fire outside before we hit the rack. It was 34 degrees at bed time. Grey at the moment.

The dirt contractor has been bringing in fill this morning. The first big rig, huge Pete ex-road commission plow truck, got stuck. Next rig in got him right out with zero effort. After they get the dirt here the boss will arrange it all. Plans are for it to look pretty nice when done.

Watching the dirt moving will be todayís fun. Like Tonkas in the sandbox. I have an old Tonka Big Mike just about like the one truck there.

Big wind and waves due this afternoon. I wonder if the surfing fools will be out.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Page: of 85 Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.62 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000