Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 88

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2020 :  10:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone. Karl, now your saying of the Eagle has landed has a different meaning. Looks good! Chainsaw art is kind of neat, mom and dad had a large horse head that mom loved. It is now down in Texas with our son.

Regarding the Cabosse. I know itís not going to happen but she is concerned I will make an impulse buy. I definitely have a few dozen places along the large scale tracks it would fit. I just canít see spending for the removal, transportation and renovating. But I said that about the large scale trains a few years ago, early again last summer and finally just before the purchase this summer. While I canít find if those Cabosse are available for sale, I did find online many others and also other RR rolling stock. I am just looking!

I am feeling ok, the weekly labs are tomorrow and there was a slight amount change last week. The strength is slowly coming back and per the PT it can disappear quickly but can be brought back slowly to 100% which I wasnít anyway. I have lost some weight but the steroids I am taking is making it tough. I just wish and hope I can get the stomach to get smaller. I will continue to work at it. Have a great day.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 09/27/2020 10:21:32 AM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/27/2020 :  10:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning... Bout time someone cooked something around this joint. Thanks Jerry.

Was planning church this morning but the lady is having pain this morning.

Stay with the plan Tom, takes time.

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/27/2020 :  10:42:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning,

Rick as usual thanks for the coffee. Have a great day at work; hope it's uneventful.

Jerry thanks for breakfast, very tasty.

Tom "window shopping" can be dangerous to the wallet. Although a real Caboose would be really neat. Stomachs can be tricky to get smaller, I'm sure the steroids don't help, but keep at it and it'll come around.

Karl nice looking eagle! Chainsaw carving is quite the art form. They have it every year, well not this year, at the NYS Fair in August. Pretty neat to watch.

Philip tell Gina to hang in there. Anytime that healing takes a long time it gets rather frustrating. I went through much the same thing with my wife's 2 hip replacements. Nice to hear that you are getting some modeling time in ; makes for a nice distraction.

Mike hope your doing well today and the hand is still healing well.

Had a little rain early this morning and a high of 84 today. It's been sunny so far. Not much going on, maybe some bench time latter. Dinner out tonight; I get tired of cooking.

Have a wonderful day and stay safe.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/27/2020 :  12:29:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for terrific breakfast.

Tom, good luck with the lab tests.

Philip, hoping your wife feels better.

Larry, enjoy your night out.

The hand continues to improve.

Mom decided she wanted fried chicken last night, so I left the steaks in the Vietnamese Pho marinade. Planning to cook them this evening.

Watching the boys today, hoping for miracles.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  06:01:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Patchy drizzle with a chance of showers before 8am, then a slight chance of showers between 8am and 1pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

Glad that everyone is healing and feeling better.

Nothing new or exciting to report on from here.

Have a great day everyone.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  09:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey P. sunny/70. A shower or two around 11:00 then P. sunny again 78.

Nothing really to report from here either. Maybe some bench time later.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  09:08:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Dead calm out this morning, forecast for 79F today. Maybe I'll spray some weeds today.

A new tablet arrives today. My other cheapo doesn't cut it anymore. It will take a while to set up.

The Vietnamese steak and salad were delicious. I am thinking some type of Italian food for tonight.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  10:00:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wet and grey, the Indians packed up their Summer and moved along in the night. Rain is welcome, but the greyness just adds dreariness to things.

We had a nice visit from the daughter and family. Savannah the 17yr old grand daughter made us a nice noodle and beef dinner with oriental overtones. A fine little cook and babysitter she has become for her folks, sort of a Cinderella roll she plays. Senior in high school majoring in seclusion and lack of social contact that is taking 99% of the experience of senior year from her and her generation.

No plans yet, A new Scaletrains.com SD40-2 in undecorated arrived over the weekend. It was a preorder and I honor those Iíve made with one additional loco on order. Currently no desire to work on that or much else. Undec locos are hard to find so I guess itís an investment. Not only undec but all the little bits are in bags and not attached. There also are no assembly instructions. It will go on the shelf for now.

Mike, the steak sounds good. Diet ideas here are running low currently.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  10:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from dreary cool So. Central Wisconsin where there will be no sunshine today. The grandkids are here and getting reading for their online classes starting at 10 CST. We have been reviewing the videos they were asked to review and are now practicing. I ran over to the lab for my blood removal and that went fine.

There are 3 yes 3 loads of trees in the driveway. They werenít there when I visited the morning lounge earlier. The girls had planned to plant them but the place the trees were purchased at said the planting was included. There are also guaranteed for 3 years, providing... Happy for that. The girls and Terry with just a few suggestions from me have spent a few hours last week marking where they are to be planted. These are for the area between the county highway and the house. What was there previously were removed by the builder as they were weak, old or anything that wasnít going to fit in. The hydro-seeding is scheduled for next week. The cement for the driveway is scheduled for May, 2021 but the based layers of gravel are in. Snow blowing will be ok but the contractor said no to any plowing.

I had thought really hard about where to put the layout. This house has no basement as we have it built into a hillside. My trains are an out 500í from the house in the stables. We have a walkway between the stables and the house through a cut in the hillside. In a different house the trains were over 1000í away from the house and that caused issues. I am having the same problems already. I just donít want to wander over there.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  11:04:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Gents,

Rick the coffee hit the spot this morning, thanks. Sometimes not much going on is a good thing.

Jerry good luck with the tables at bench time.

Mike our dinner was quite good last night, thanks. Can never go wrong with an Italian diner. Tablets are great to sit in your "easy chair" and go on the internet. The "on screen" keyboard drives me nuts so I much prefer my desktop with the keyboard and large screen.

Karl sounds like you have a case of the "weather blahs". It's too bad that the kids have to go through this kind of nonsense. Maybe it will go away after the Election; guess we'll have to wait and see.

Tom sounds like you are managing to keep very busy. I'm sure that you'll manage to figure out the whole train thing after a fashion.

Philip how's the Mrs. doing; hope your both doing well.

Rained early this morning, which we really needed. High of 80 for the last day then the temps take a nosedive; hello Fall. Not much planned today for me either. Man are we a boring bunch or what.

Have a great day and be safe.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  12:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

My trains are an out 500í from the house in the stables. We have a walkway between the stables and the house through a cut in the hillside. In a different house the trains were over 1000í away from the house and that caused issues. I am having the same problems already. I just donít want to wander over there.

TomO

Well, TomO, I've found it an effort to take the 30 second, 12-13 step decent into the basement...so, 500' unlikely even think about it.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  8:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening

Now that one Wilfley Table is done!!!

It is time to have a nice Eagle Rare.

Won't you please join in the celebration!!

If not I'll see you in the am!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/28/2020 :  9:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Evening

Now that one Wilfley Table is done!!!

It is time to have a nice Eagle Rare.

Won't you please join in the celebration!!

If not I'll see you in the am!!

Indeed!

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  05:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Showers, mainly after noon. High near 78.

Jerry, you definitely deserved that Eagle Rare after all the work you did on the table.

Larry, hope you enjoyed your boring day.

Tom, good luck with the trees and finding space for the RR.

Karl, glad you enjoyed the daughters visit and congrats on the new engine.

Mike, have fun with the new tablet.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/29/2020 :  07:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Cold out this morning at 49F, brrr. 82F this afternoon is the forecast.

I am off to the physical therapy folks to work on my hand.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 88 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.03 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000