Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: thehawkman ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 88

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  09:00:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from wet and gloomy Wisconsin. It is 36 and heading to 54 but
thunderstorms are scheduled for mid afternoon. We are 2 miles from our grand
kids but might as be 100ís with ďSafer at HomeĒ mandated but better safe then
sorry. Have a great day.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  09:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

The blocks are part of a 10-Stamp Battery. While I'm waiting for my wood for my little house project. I thought I would build all the machines for a Stamp Mill.

Not a great day for having a dog your right on that Rick.

It looks like rain an 50 most of the day in South Jersey.

Mike have a good time with your daughter.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  10:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another day of grey cold ugly in Michigan, but enough about our governess.....not sure where your mother is, Dave, but itís Death Valley here in my part of Michigan. It appears there is a slight, oh so very slight, crack in the lockdown coming but an overall extension until May 15.

I did a little bit of scenic work on the layout yesterday after we were out briefly in what was a driving rain at times and cold and wet all day. Oh so much more to do on the layout, never ending. Glad the laptop repair worked out ok, Mike. 91 eh? Keep that fedora on if youíre cruisiní. It ainít gonna get to half that here....

Safe and healthy, all yíall....
Everyone have a good day, or should I say da ja vu....?

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 04/24/2020 :  12:28:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Afternoon straggler!

Thanks for the coffee Rick!

May do some outside stuff today....

Philip

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  04:02:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Partly sunny, with a high near 64.

Mike, did you get to take the MG out?

Tom, my Mom's about 10 minutes away and haven't seen her in almost a most.
We do talk on the phone almost daily.

Jerry, with all the ones you've already built, machines should be a snap for you.

Karl, layout progress is good.

Philip, did outside things get done?

Back to work today.
Company has slowly been abolishing jobs the past two Fridays.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  07:32:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck with the job.

it's cooler today at 55F but headed to 75F. No rain.

The MG cruise didn't materialize yesterday. Maybe today. Karl, I do protect my chrome dome in the MG.

Headed to lodge to get mail and work a bit.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  08:30:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
40s this morniní in Michigan. The girl in Lansing loosened the noose a bit but extended detention until Mid May. It might go to the mid 50s today, some sun early but clouding up later from the bright haze...still practicing the no contact thing. Going on 6 weeks or more since Iíve been inside a business.

I did a little bit more scenery work yesterday. Worked on a project with the 3d machine that seems to be deciding itís non essential so it wonít work.

Be safe at work Rick. Mike enjoy the cruise when/if you get a chance.

My exís Dad and Stepmom both passed away the last week, both were well into their 90s and were coincidental with the virus. Report is the family was saddened but relieved as they had both become quite infirm...

Daughter is going shopping for us today, weíre being well tended to. Not sure on our plans. With it a bit warmer Iíll probably be drug outside for something or other.

Everyone have a good day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  09:02:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from what will now be known as So. Central Wisconsin. All of a sudden the weather folks are calling this area SCW, so I will too. They canít get the weather correct so letís change the name of the areas they report/guess on. Terryís horses will be here this afternoon, she is very happy and this will get her out of the kitchen. The freezers have portions of cakes, pies, so many cookie and tarts. The daughterís family and her neighbors have been enjoying Terryís labors. All this while I am trying to get my diabetes back in-line. The portions I have been testing are 1Ē squares or smaller, mostly smaller.

The son has an offer on his place in Texas and he is not countering, but accepting as is. He wants out of his neighborhood. He had found a place on Lake Travis but the pandemic made things iffy for him so he never offered. The other place is his g/fís parents have a ranch for sale near Manor which is east of Austin and has been empty for a few years. He wanted us to come look at it but then the pandemic restrictions went into affect. Until he buys something he will stay in a place his friend has empty. Have a great safe day.

TomO

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  12:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee. But I'll start a new pot just in case wre get some other people stopping by.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/70. Now this is a Spring day!!

Were going for a ride just to get the hell out of the house.

Things are so bad in Jersey people are going grocery shopping just so they can get out!!
They don't buy anything but the Gov says its okay to that!!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

lemkerailroad1
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 04/25/2020 :  4:18:27 PM  Show Profile  Send lemkerailroad1 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
afternoon guys

i havnt left the train room or build room due to the national convention
NMRA-X broadcast that has been going since 7pm friday night
lots of great clinics and layout tours

I seen that my friend, Martin Jenkins,down in Aussie land was correct on the
Sn3 and On3 layouts.......just beautifully done, and detailed

I will be still building models all night until about 4am sunday morning,
then i will be getting some sleep so me and the misses can go to the grocery store
and where ever else she wants to go......its the least i can do since she let me stay
in the train rooms for almost 2 days......lol

be safe if you go out, and watch the weather, i guess here in sw ohio tonight
we will be getting pretty bad storms

see you for now

On30 Dave
seen on G+, YOUTUBE and FB

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  04:03:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Rain and low 50's today.

Dave, glad you enjoyed your time in the train room.

Jerry, what do you have planned for today?

Tom, I don't think I could limit my portions of your wife treats as well as you are doing.

Karl, maybe you can get the 3 D machine to cooperate today.

Mike, you keep teasing us with the MG.

Nothing special happening here today.

Stay healthy and hunkered down and have a great day.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  07:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's 46F this morning but headed to 84F this afternoon. Chance for rain.

Yesterday I cleaned up the MG and took her for a spin. Everything is working and it ran great. It took forever to clean it up. Leaves and dirt had blown up under the car cover and filled the interior with grime. It looks good now and in need of wax. I had forgotten how much fun it was to drive miss Bee around.

Making Indian meal with daughter today, that's about it.

Have fun and be safe,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  09:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Today we will back to inside "Honey Do" lists. New molding around the door frames in the kitchen then paint them. YIPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Weather in South Jersey rainy/48. Like that is new.

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:02:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The bg yellow thing is in the sky this morning. Rain and gloom yesterday was bad on the inner soul...warmer today, slightly, might be nice.

I did get the 3d to work. I scrapped the first project. I literally went back to the drawing board, redrew the thing, then all the conversion to the 3d format and put it in the machine and it worked and turned out well. I guess I found at least a temporary fix in there somewhere...

We watched the Chris Kyle SNIPER movie last night. An experience for sure...well told...Clint makes good movies.

Off to see about breakfast, it's late, 1001hrs here...who cares?

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
The Spartan Line

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Central Wisconsin where the weather today will be nice. Mid 60ís and it is severely clear and no wind.

Rick, the portions are cut by Terry so there is less chance of me eating a big portion. Portions of everything she bakes heads over to the kids house and they split some with the daughterís best friend and neighbor. Terry has taken to making 4 dozen cookies split 12 cookies for us, 24 to the daughterís family and 12 for the neighbor. Cakes are similar, we keep 1, the kids 2 and 1 for a neighbor. The only big difference is when I bake bread, 1 keep 3 and the daughter gives out the 2 I give her as her family are not bread eaters. I get requests for breads from her close-nit neighborhood. My baking limit for breads are 5 based on the ingredients I can handle.

The horses finally arrived home yesterday and Terry is euphoric which is a very good thing for me. Enjoy your day and be safe out there.

Jerry, all of a sudden the honey do list appeared yesterday. I showed her yesterday,.. I did finish the whole list.

Mike, fun with the car and you definitely have the weather to run with the top down!

Karl, agree an excellent movie.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 04/26/2020 10:06:12 AM

Page: of 88 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.75 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000