Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 196 ]  [ Total: 198 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 86

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  11:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' guys. Upper 80's today in DFW. Thanx for the breakfast fare and coffee. yum yum. Today's Wednesday, and that means enchilada special at El Fenix, and El Chico. After that I gotta help the wife fill out some paperwork for medicaid, medicare and social security. The case worker that sent it said it would pay for all $140,000.oo of her appendectomy bill... That'll be quite a load off for sure! Ya'll have a blessed day. Tonight maybe I'll get to plastering the canyon on the ol' Blackrock Canyon RR. Kyle

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  11:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kyle creel

WOW!!!! I hate hand/finger injuries of any kind. Sure hope it heals up ok. Hey, are you from Frisco Texas? 'Cause I'm right down the road in Arlington. Anyways, please take care of those digits, we only got 10, uhh thumbs included. (Although I did know a feller once that had an extra finger on his left hand; he called it his 'spare').....still didn't help his bowlin' none. Take care, Kyle

Howdy Kyle, I live in Pecan Plantation near Granbury, The name comes from the SLSF Railroad (FRISCO) and my nickname, Mike. Mike being a nickname for Mikado; therefore,... Have you visited the Texas Western (twmrc.org) in Forest Hill?

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  11:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, thanks for the breakfast. Perfect for today. What is the ocean temperature near you?

Karl, That bear is as big as our feral hogs. Yikes,

Philip, how is Gena after a few days of PT?

Larry, how is the leg?

Tom, how are your feeling?

86F forecast 40% chance of rain.

Hand is still improving, but I am a little nervous about having 29 stitches removed Friday morning,

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good still morning here in Wisconsin. I feel pretty good Mike, thank you. Hand and fingers, I hope your meds are strong enough. Arlington, Granbery plus a couple guys I know in Denton and Fort Worth, maybe if Covid goes away on our next drive to Texas I can stop in?!

The wife is out with her Crew looking at bushes, fruit trees and other things at a nursery. I thoughtI was going but turns out I was not invited. She fired the landscaper yesterday and we will do the landscaping ourselves, which is fine to me. She said maybe I can get my pool this year, yeah right. One thing I noticed here is we have mosquitoes and I have walked around to find any pooling dead water and I canít. My deck so far only is getting them and I have the bites to prove it. I have some small electrical devices that are in a bin somewhere. Have a great day.

Mike, do you live near the landing strip at Pecan Plantation?

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 09/16/2020 1:11:09 PM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  1:12:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon,

Mike the leg is doing well and healing nicely. Go back for a recheck in a week and a half.

Don't blame you for being a little nervous about getting the stitches out; I'm sure that the area is very tender. Depending on what type of stitches that they used; they often times have a "tool" that either bends and pulls them out at the same time or clips and pulls at the same time. Either way it actually isn't that painful; that's experience talking.

Tom is there any standing water or severe dampness under your deck? Maybe that's why the critters are only on the deck.

Have a safe day.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/16/2020 1:16:37 PM

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/16/2020 :  1:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Afternoon gents!

Appt went well, sent her home with some passive exercises.

Don't sweat the stitches Mike, new medicine and materials allow easy removal.

Employing all to heal!

Good luck Rick!

A bear was hit near us recently. Rare for KY
https://www.whas11.com/article/news/local/bear-bullitt-county-shepherdsville-i-65/417-486d61f3-8386-44d7-a361-929ec05554d3

What did you do with your leg Larry?

Kyle, best of luck with the settlement.

Laundry today, wife has that hawk eye going!
She said I need supervision...99.9 percent correct.

Boogie boarding yeah!

Tom : sometimes not being invited is a blessing.

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 09/16/2020 2:02:11 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  06:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78.

Larry, enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts.

Jerry, congrats on the tint and the table.

Karl, good luck with your re-cert.

Philip, your hawk eye and supervision comments made me chuckle.

Tom, Larry might be right about the water under the deck.

Mike, good that the hand is healing and hope the stitches removal is painless.

Kyle, doing that paperwork will be worth it if it pays that bill.

Passed the first test.
Second one at 4pm.
Bike ride and grocery shopping before hand.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  07:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

maybe if Covid goes away on our next drive to Texas I can stop in?!

Mike, do you live near the landing strip at Pecan Plantation?

TomO

Tom, sure, just holler.

We live on river side of the tip of the long bend in the Brazos.

Have fun,
mike

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  07:12:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck on the exam.

Good to hear folks are feeling better.

86F with no rain is the forecast.

This typing with one hand is killing me

Have fun,
mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  08:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems our gifts from the West coast have cleared, the sun is bright this am and the stars like bright leds all night. Itís cold this morning temp in upper thirties at first.

Packing to head home and now that sheís had coffee the Doll is shouting orders. I guess I better sign off

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  09:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Congrats on passing the test.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/61. Later 77.
No beach again I think its coming to an end at least for sitting in the sun.
Will take our walks.

That's about it from here!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  10:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the coffee. Congrats on passing the first test and I'm sure you'll do well on the second.

Philip usually when the "Boss" speaks we better listen or else. A couple of weeks ago I had a ladder up against the front of the garage and went to adjust the height and it got away from me and the bottom step slammed down against my right shin-bone which turned it into "raw hamburger". Stupid move on my part.

Mike hope the hand is healing well and like others have said the stitches shouldn't be a big deal. Don't feel too bad about typing with one hand, I sometimes have trouble typing with two.

Karl have a safe trip home. Uh-oh the Mrs. is shouting orders...Yikes.

Jerry I'm sure that the beach can be quite chilly especially if there is a wind. Sounds like you had a "good run" of beach time this summer.

Low 60's today and we won't get out of the 60's until mid week next week. Tis the season. Have a few errands to run this morning with not much else going on today.

Stay safe, be healthy, heal up, and enjoy your day.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  10:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning guy! Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Yesterday was a 9 hour laundry day plus all the other worldly duties. BEAT!

Today doing the books.

Larry.. Those saw-tooth cleats!!!!
Those ladder tend to do what they want. Still trying to figure out how, when 15 feet up and facing shingles, on a gambrel the ladder does a 180 from the surface? Hanging there and then the sudden trip down as my fingertips loose grip, falling and no injury. Luck!

Have a great day!

Philip

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made it home around 4:30. Fairly steady traffic both directions. Orange barrels fewer than Monday. Colors spectacular in places but not close to prime yet.

Things green and 3 inches longer than we left them. Have to wait until Saturday. I shoot at 1 then a nice drive and dinner out with the Doll. Our 19th

TomO watch out for those skeeters, you and the horses. EEE Eastern Equine Encephalitis has killed some horses and sickened a human or two here in lower MI. Not all that Far East of you. It has a 33% rate of fatal results in humans. A dozen or so case in Mi a couple years ago was closer to 60%. Hard to social distance from mosquitoes, even with Gretchen or her half wit brother over there in charge.

Have good evenings all. Amber adult beverages of your collective pleasures for all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/17/2020 5:12:37 PM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/17/2020 :  6:46:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

Morning guy! Thanks for the coffee Rick!

Larry.. Those saw-tooth cleats!!!!
Those ladder tend to do what they want. Still trying to figure out how, when 15 feet up and facing shingles, on a gambrel the ladder does a 180 from the surface? Hanging there and then the sudden trip down as my fingertips loose grip, falling and no injury. Luck!

Have a great day!

Philip

That's when you get up, dust yourself off, and can't believe nobody saw you pull of this amazing feat!

Jim

Take the red pill

Page: of 86 Previous Topic: BCRR Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000