Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 157 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  11:11:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick thanks for the coffee. So it's Friday for you; good deal.

Jerry enjoy your bench time today.

Tom nice to hear your meds are staying the same. Hopefully they have you all "dialed in".

Karl I bet the rain is a welcome sight. With the exception of this forum I've always been a "lone wolf" in this hobby and It really hasn't bothered me to do so.

Philip nice print job. That stuff is way over my head and budget. Hope the wife's surgery went well.

Mike, wow 29 stitches YIKES!! Hope it's not too serious and take care of that hand.

Mid 80's today then a cool done; I guess I'll be catching up with some of you guys. The leg is coming along, although slowly. Going back to Doc Friday for a recheck. Not much going on today; playing it by ear.

Be safe and have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/09/2020 :  3:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, the time away was fun, just me and the wife. I follow Andy on Facebook and he has been doing a lot of things to the workshop, lights and flooring. But, I agree with the lone wolf part at least until a good vaccine shows up.

MarkB., I dislike when those big darts show up. Weíve had quite a few darts in the past years for Madison, but because of the UW, COVID and the destruction of State Street it will be a few more years before we see another dart. My son has lived around and in Austin, Texas the last 12 years. The darts have hit them many times but as he says, if you are not tech savvy, willing to work cheap and can still afford Austin rents, homelessness, drought and high costs of everything else, why would you move there! If you have a 6 figure income and have a house itís a great place for the young.

Larryc. , yes feeling much better. Thanks.

TomO

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  04:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

High near 83 with rain for most of the day.

Bike ride and if it hasn't started raining a dog walk afterward.
Some indoor chores need to get done.
Rest of the day will be for relaxing.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  08:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wet mid 50s may go to mid 60s.

I drew up and printed the test for a possible 3d print of an ore car. Came out ok, something to do.

Other than the local Div5 news, TomO I've not heard hide nor hair from Andy, the Doll used to follow his FB but put him on a chill out session as it was too contentious for her. I don't FB and have no plans to start.

If the rain quits I might go outside. Or not. No plans.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  09:18:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/73. Later on rain low 80's.
Hopefully it will hold off until we get back from North Jersey!

Started the Wilfley tables. It took my sorry ass brain about 40 minutes to understand what the instructions were telling me to do.
Glad this is the last of the machines in the mill.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  10:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from chilled Wisconsin. Wind chill is 47 now and real is 53, with the high to be whatever it ends up in the 50ís. The UW shut the campus down as a last minute punitive decision. I just erased the next sentenced I wrote as too political. Itís a mess and we really need a vaccine.

The large scale layout in the outside world has I have been told is at around 1000í of ties and rails down. But because of weather the SIL and his crews are on storm damage duty. Much more to go, we have a small engine repair guy coming this Saturday to start up the 2 locomotives as the taped notes on each locomotive says we should do. The previous owner did a great job storing everything and noting how everything should be re-started. We are following his instructions.

We will move into the house this weekend. Furniture started arriving yesterday. Terry and the daughter I think are spending like drunken sailors! The model layout is in the stables and I can design beyond my paper mill, tree tunnel and above my workbench section. Everything else was pulled apart and stored. There is no basement in this house, as itís buried in a hill but there is a walkway between the garage down to the stables about 500í away. It is covered and faces south and is 12í wide. My wife says no veggies as she has the greenhouses for that but 8í of that 12 will be planted. The grandkids and their mom have been roller blading the last couple of days in there.

I am feeling better but not much stronger. The PT I am on has picked up on intensity as my trainer/therapist/nurse says she got me through the stroke recovery, this wonít be an issue. Except I have to work it not her! I was following the doctors orders and she has the next level to work on with me. Terry is joining us and Meg is going to push both of us. I believe she tried to kill me the last time and might succeed this time. No matter what I say about Meg she was great and my recovery happened because she never took no for an answer. She also gets included in all family gathering as she basically lived with us during that time.

Karl, FB doesnít bother me, but not judging I understand the concerns. I am down to 2 shelf layout groups and a few other groups. No politics and I block people that try, like my brother. So, be safe, have fun.

TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/10/2020 :  12:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Afternoon !

Well after a very event filled day yesterday I got Gena home about 4 PM. Exausted! Now the recovery is going well. Ice pack on an hour and off. Without going in details, I'm full time assist/caregiver for at least a week or better. Home bound until the 15th when therapy starts.

Karl the printer is elegoo mars, and I use water rinse resin. I downloaded sketch-up, blender, and other programs. Ended up using Tinkercad as it does what I need to do. Nothing fancy yet.

The lettered print is curling up, a heavier support may fix it or letter height may be causing the problem.

Hope everyone on the sick (DL) list continues to heal! Life!

Jerry, researching stamp mills. Oh My George... understand completely. What was the deal on the other mill you abandoned in a thread? Just found it the other night..

Have a great day!

Philip

Edited by - Philip on 09/10/2020 12:36:16 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  06:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Partly sunny, with a high near 79.

Philip, hope you got some rest and a speedy recovery to your wife.

Tom, glad you're feeling better and good luck with the PT and the move.

Jerry, I've had those moments with instructions too.

Karl, I've been on FB for about 5 years now and the only reason I signed up is we have a group from work.
There is some silliness posted but for the most part we share news from work and get questions answered.

Went out to dinner with my brother last night to celebrate our birthdays and had one of the best steaks I've ever had.

Grocery shopping and meal prep first.
The usual day off stuff after that.

Have a great day everyone.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  08:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some sort of bright ball rising from the East this morning, up way too early. For me. 53 going to ~70 today.....

September 11, thoughts and prayers first and foremost today.

I worked at some 3d printing of pieces for some ore cars I have it in my head to make. Need to get them out of there and onto the work bench.

We went to 3 big box stores looking at lights, sooo exciting..ended up with none, the Doll spent the evening online. Still nothing.

I'm sure I'll end up outside today as it's rained all week and "things" need attention.

Rick, nice to get together with brothers, were I in that place the steak would have been the highlight. Oil/water my brother and I. Other than last name and probably parents, we share so very little. Happy Birthday!! to you both when appropriate.

I understand the FB for work info, Rick, beyond that, a cesspool of the lowest common denominator seems to prevail. I know there are protections allegedly built in but I chose not to have that much exposure to "them" whomever "they" might be that run it.

Headed back up to check on the Northwoods for a few days on Sunday if plans work out.

Everyone have a good day. Safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/11/2020 08:16:06 AM

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  08:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thank you for coffee.

Sounds like the group is mostly healing. That's good.

Appointment with orthopedic surgeon this morning. I find out if there is any other structural damage to hand.

79F today.

Have fun,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  08:12:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Where did you go for the birthday bash??

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/74. Later cloudy/77!
This does not look like a beach day.

Well after putting it all together you have to take it apart and then glue it to the base. So that's were I am now!

Hope Mike is feeling better!!

Philip hope your wife is doing okay. You tired of housework yet?

Tom glad your feeling better.

Hopefully some time playing with little parts today!!

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  09:42:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning this 9/11 day. It is definitely one of those events you remember what you were doing at that time. Things are going well for me this week and they shall continue.
A crummy weather day, it is cool and wet and basically an inside day. Mike, good luck at the doctors. Have a safe day.

TomO

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  11:16:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning guys and reflecting on today's date.

Getting into the routine with Gena, she is doing quite well, now all this cooking is something (Jerry) I prefer not doing but support. I actually made sausage and bisquits. The wife is a vegetarian for 20+ years so things are different Plenty left on the counter, help yourself to an S&B!!

Hang in there Tom!

Phil signing off & have a great day!

Philip

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon Gents,

Rick Happy Birthday, glad you enjoyed your dinner with your brother. Grocery shopping is always fun.

Philip glad to hear that your wife is doing well. Taking care of your spouse after major surgery keeps you quite busy. I took care of my wife after 2 hip replacement surgeries for about 2 weeks after each. Told work that when she was released from the hospital I was gone for both weeks. Thanks for the sausage and biscuits...yummy.

Karl were those regular light bulbs that you are looking for. If so try Amazon; we bought a 24 ct. pack not long ago. Have a safe trip North.

Mike hope the visit to the Ortho went well and hope you got some good news.

Jerry have fun with the little parts; anxious to see it completed.

Tom so glad that you are feeling better. Keep the PT going it will help with your stamina. Careful moving into the new house; don't overdue if you can help it. Sounds like the outdoor railroad is taking shape..good deal.

Looks like I'm late to the party once again. Been busy the past couple days with a handyman helping me finish up a few projects for this season. Went to the Doc for a recheck. Healing well but she gave me another round of antibiotics and some stronger cream to put on my leg to help it heal faster. No bench time here, maybe some this weekend.

Have a safe and enjoyable day.

Edited by - Larryc on 09/11/2020 3:23:08 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/11/2020 :  3:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening everyone.

My birthday was in late July but nothing was open then.
My brothers birthday was this month on the 6'th.
Decided to go out last night to celebrate both since more places are open now.

Jerry, we went to Root's Steak House.
It's in the old Princeton RR Station.

Might as well set the bar up while I'm here.

Usual assortment of stouts and wines.
Bottle of Old Forrester 1920 on the counter.
Assorted pops in the fridge.

Enjoy your night everyone.

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000