Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 155 ]  [ Total: 160 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 27
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm
Page: of 85

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  08:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Glad your spending some time on your RR.
Thanks for the compliment yesterday and the plug for the Mill.

Yesterday I wasn't here the grandkids showed up early morning for the beach passes.
So we all headed for the beach and a beautiful day it was.

2 of the boys are still here they'll leave sometime this morning.
Then we will head for the beach!!

Will start graining & staining wood for the Mill later on today!!

Karl hope you arrived safely.

Mike the chicken sounded tasty!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  09:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Have fun with the diorama.

Larry, every time I hear or say, "smoked a chicken", I think of the burned lips joke. Thanks for the laugh.

Tom, good to hear about your outing. Hopefully you are feeling a bit better each day.

Karl, enjoy the north and safe travels to you.

The rubs I mentioned are from a company called Meat Church. I found out about them while watching a weekly BBQ video from Traeger. The are the best tasting rubs I have used.

102F today, so a little cooler. Cold front coming tomorrow, temps going down below 100F and 50% chance of rain. Fingers crossed.

Off to lodge to work today. Need to finish the annual audit of financial records for a meeting tonight.

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  09:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and 61 this morning. There is a whole lot of noise from the lake. In my hearing aids itís white noise. There is a stay out of the water warning from the weatherman regarding wave action.

The trip up was uneventful. Sure was a good day to be coming North but lots of backup for the Bridge for the trolls going back below.

Progress has been good on the house.

Have a great day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  11:58:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning All,

Rick thanks for the cold soda. Yes I was able to get in bench time yesterday. Starting to add the fine details to the small barn which surprisingly is quite time consuming. Also found your mini layout project and left a comment.

Jerry enjoy the beach with the grandkids. Considering the size of the mill I'm sure that the wood prep may become tedious but I'm sure the end result will be well worth the effort.

Mike your welcome. We all can use more laughter in our lives. Good luck with the audit.

Karl glad to hear that you had a safe trip and that the house is coming along.

Tom hope your feeling well today.

Woke up this morning to 67 deg. in the house and 52 outside. My kind of weather! Upper 70's today and upper 50's tonight. Going to do a little more work on the front of the garage this afternoon.

Have a wonderful days guys.

Philip
Fireman

Posted - 08/31/2020 :  10:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just popping in for a minute to share a new photo of a kit in pre-production from Foggy Mt Models.

I kind of like it and tracking on my radar. Being thrifty I'll most likely take the cheaper route.

Phil

Edited by - Philip on 08/31/2020 10:48:29 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  06:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Scattered showers, mainly after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79.

Hi Philip, thanks for the pic and info on the kit.
I saw the picture before seeing who posted it and thought Jerry finished his mill overnight.

Larry, have fun at the bench.

Karl, good to read about the safe trip and house progress.

Mike, hope the audit went well.

Jerry, how's the staining and graining going?

Tom, hope you're doing very well.

Mowed the back yard yesterday.
Maybe I can do the front before any rain happens.
Should get my haircut.
Did some plastering and painting on the mini layout.
Should be able to finish painting it today.

Have a great day everyone.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  07:11:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to the Dark Side! There is a large casserole finishing up at the other lounge, all are invited to grab a plate.

Philip, I think that Foggy Mt. model has your name on it. Very nice!

Jim

Take the red pill

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  08:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Congrats for mini layout progress.

The audit went well, no changes or problems.

Muggy out this morning. High forecast for 93F with 80% chance of rain. The rest of the week forecast for the 80's with rain. Finally!

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  08:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for opening and the coffee.
Good to hear your working on the RR. Besides its raining here in South Jersey it should have started there by now.

I grained and stained some wood for the interior walls.
Also did the wood and metal parts for the Wilfley tables.

Philip nice picture of the Mill.

Jim thanks for the breakfast.

Larry keep at it.

Karl glad you had a safe trip.

Mike glad your cooling off!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  09:14:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from cool Wisconsin at 50f degrees heading to a windy and balmy 72. It is delivery day for the ties and more rail for the large scale toy that the SIL seems to be taking possession of and that is ok. I have no enthusiasm for either the HO or large scale stuff right now. This might be the 4 or 5th promised delivery date.

Rick, thanks for opening and the diet soda. Have a safe day.

Jim, thanks for the breakfast invite.

Phil, great looking kit.

Mike, good luck on the rain, my neighborhood needs it to but not as bad as some of you Texans.

Jerry, I do follow your build but donít comment. I enjoy seeing a craftsmanís work!

Larryc, thanks for the continued encouragement, I am feeling better, not super but definitely better in this I am told very slow recovery process.

Karl, when you get here, how cold last night up ďnortĒ? 49 was the overnight low at 5 this morning here in So. Central Wi.

Everyone have a great day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  09:49:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sun and 50s this morning but itís passed 60 now. Nearly full moon shone bright during night.

The plumber is hard at work on the rough in and electrician is going to stop out today to talk locations of switches and plugs, etc.

No big news here. Things are going along well here. I hope everyone has a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 09/01/2020 09:50:49 AM

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Morning,

Rick thanks for the coffee. The bench time didn't quite work out yesterday so I'll try again today. Keep plugging away at the mini layout and you'll get there.

Philip that looks like a really nice kit; but I'm sure it's pricey. That's such a good photo you could probably scratch build the same thing.

Jim nice to see you stopping by.

Mike glad to hear that the audit went well. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the rain that you need.

Jerry keep "plugging away" at the staining and graining; just don't cross-eyed.

Tom sounds like your really cooling down; maybe send some to Mike. Hope you get your rail and ties today. Even if your not into the railroad right now at least you'll have the materials. It's always nice to hear an encouraging word when your feeling down; your welcome. Glad to hear that your feeling better even if progress is slow.

Karl nice to hear that your house is coming along so well and quickly. You'll be able to move in soon at this rate.

Upper 70's today and cloudy. Back up into the 80's and humid for a couple of days before returning back to the 70's. There're saying that for the next 2 weeks we're going to be below normal temps. Bench time didn't happen yesterday as I was too busy "doctoring" a hurt leg. Tried to shorten my ladder while it was still set up against the garage; stupid move. The ladder got away from me and came down hard grazing my shin bone which turned into a piece of raw meat. Of course I shook it off and went back to siding for 2 more hours. So today I'm staying off the leg so bench time is in order.
Enjoy your day and stay safe.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 09/01/2020 :  12:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom it's appreciated!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  08:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and a variety of cold sodas are ready to go.

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84.
Chance of strong storms in the PM but they say that almost every day.

Larry, hope the leg is much better today.

Karl, good news on the progress.

Tom, did the delivery happen?

Jerry, no rain here.

Mike, congrats on the audit.

Maybe I'll get something done outside and then do a little more at the bench.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 09/02/2020 :  09:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Jerry, it's exciting when you get to the metal parts. I am enjoying your build.

Larry, continued healing is in order.

Karl, nice progress on your 1:1 build.

It rained two inches last night and is still raining today and tomorrow. We needed it and the cooler temps (81F high today) that arrived with the rain.

The lodge approved the audit at the business meeting last night. YEA! Glad to have that behind me.

I hope to work on the cabinet today...

Have fun and stay safe,
mike

Page: of 85 Previous Topic: Lets get those ON30 juices flowing Topic Next Topic: Family Farm  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.64 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000